"Which MPLS" Doc?

Everything related to MakeMKV
ember1205

"Which MPLS" Doc?

Post by ember1205 »

For BluRay discs, there is often a need to validate which MPLS file should be used to rip the content in the correct scene order and language. Mike has done a lot to MakeMKV to allow the program to "figure this out" by itself in a lot of situations. There are still plenty, however, that it doesn't do correctly (including ripping content using makemkvcon on Linux).

Does anyone have any interest in contributing to a general document (much like the ones that are out there showing forced subtitle information only) where we could track the MPLS filename for various languages and regions AS WELL AS forced sub info?
ember1205

Re: "Which MPLS" Doc?

Post by ember1205 »

Seriously? No one?

With all of the people that search for this sort of information, there isn't one other person out there besides myself that would be interested in sharing any information at all that they have about various discs?

I recently discovered that some transcoding that I was doing has rendered ALL of my ripped BluRay's unwatchable and I have to rip and transcode them all again. I'll admit that MakeMKV does a pretty good job of at least paring the list down if not leaving me with just one MKV file that's obviously the movie... Since I use makemkvcon and rip using automated tools, there are still times when I bump into discs that have hundreds of playlists and I have to search around pretty heavily to see if anyone else has already figured out the correct playlist and posted it.

As I'm working my way through my library, I'm capturing this information and storing it in a spreadsheet. Seems a waste to only have information that's useful to me as there are clearly many more titles out there than what I own.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

There are multiple tutorials on how to figure it out on the net. Many are obsolete, because the scheme keeps changing subtly.

If such a document exists that "tells all", the tale would change as soon as Lionsgate found the doc. :roll:
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ember1205

Post by ember1205 »

Woodstock wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:57 pm
There are multiple tutorials on how to figure it out on the net. Many are obsolete, because the scheme keeps changing subtly.

If such a document exists that "tells all", the tale would change as soon as Lionsgate found the doc. :roll:
And do you know how many of those tutorials work for people like me that are using makemkvcon on Linux? Zero. I have to revert to a ton of trial and error if I can't find that reference information somewhere already.