BluRay slow rip

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
ridago

BluRay slow rip

Post by ridago »

I am running MakeMKV 1.14.2 on Debian. When I started using MakeMKV summer 2018 I was having no problems with blu-rays, since then I have mostly been ripping DVDs, but recently started doing blu-rays again and now they are extremely slow. I think the blu-rays I have been ripping recently are all BD+, which I'm not sure if the other ones were. However it is now taking over 24 hours to rip a single disc. The command I'm using is: makemkvcon -r --cache=1 mkv disc:0 all [output_filename], i.e. literally just the example from the help page. Is there anything I'm doing wrong with the command? I am seeing no errors from MakeMKV, like the ccextractor thing some people are having issues with. I have not turned debug mode on, but currently waiting for a rip to finish so can't do that right now. DVDs seem to still be ripping with no issues

UPDATE: The blu-ray (Star Wars 2, including two full length version on one disk) finished ripping after 66 hours, will try with debug mode on the next disc
Woodstock

Re: BluRay slow rip

Post by Woodstock »

There have been reports that Linux ripping is slow if you do not have ccextractor installed (or it is not in the "normal" location), if the disk has closed captions. The work around is to not ask for the closed captions to be extracted.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging