Audio problem with MKVToolNix and MakeMKV

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Bisto14

Audio problem with MKVToolNix and MakeMKV

Post by Bisto14 »

Hello,

I am trying to rip scrubs and i'm currently at Season 8 disc 3 and i am facing some problems using the MKVToolNix GUI v31.0.0 combining them as one big file for my plex.
For some reason the scrubs disc has 4 episodes, and when i select each episode, the first 3 episodes are in Stereo audio and the last disc is in surround 5.1 audio and because of this, my mkvtoolnix won't join them together because the audio channels are different.

So my question is, does anyone know a work around this OR changing the quality of the audio so i can combine them all? this has happened on a few other discs from scrubs and it's somewhat bothersome.

Thank you!
kyle,

--- Errors emitted by job 'Multiplexing to file "title_t00 (1).mkv" in directory "F:\Video\Tv Series\Scrubs\SCRUBS S8"' started on 2019-02-20 17:13:33 ---
The track number 1 from the file 'F:\Video\Tv Series\Scrubs\SCRUBS S8\title_t03.mkv' cannot be appended to the track number 1 from the file 'F:\Video\Tv Series\Scrubs\SCRUBS S8\title_t02.mkv'. The number of channels of the two audio tracks is different: 6 and 2

https://gyazo.com/e5b5c7372819f81422fa4f87914235d8 Here is a GYAZO image showing the track information.
Chetwood

Re: Audio problem with MKVToolNix and MakeMKV

Post by Chetwood »

I'm not exactly sure why you simply wouldn't rip 1 mkv per episode which would circumvent this issue?
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Bisto14

Post by Bisto14 »

Well the majority of the scrubs dvds all come in one big package and it'd be more effort trying to split them up into seperate episodes, so because it's only 3 discs out of the 30 odd, i thought it'd just make sense to have them all the same.
Bisto14

Post by Bisto14 »

and also when i put the disc in and start ripping it, it gives me the options to select the audio on each episode individually but the problem i mentioned is that 3 have stero and 1 has 5.1 and not the same on them all.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

What season/disc is that? You're sure there's no playlist on it that links to separate episodes? You can verify this with BDInfo.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Bisto14

Post by Bisto14 »

Season 5 Disc 3 and Disc 5
Season 8 Disc 3

I've never used BDinfo.
I don't think it would link to a seperate episode, they just seem to be singular episodes, the only problem i think causing it is that it doesn't like to merge 5.1 surround sound and stereo together.