Heads up - Support for LG UHD drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
jonghotti

Re: Heads up - Support for LG UHD drives

Post by jonghotti »

The HP branded versions of these slim drives will have some funky firmware version numbers and do not appear to be supported at this time.

Hey would the person I sold a drive to that contained one of my Star Wars blu rays please speak up? I need to get that back :)
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

reflex wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:38 pm

Is the firmware unsupported? Do I need to wait for a new version of MakeMKV with a higher rev cert as some threads imply? I have placed keys_hashed.txt in the defined data directory for MakeMKV and it is putting dumps in the same directory so I assume its in the right place. I have about 10 UHD's, all do the same even ones with older AACS versions like Mad Max.

Thanks for any assistance, it is appreciated.
turn on expert mode to see if you get:
Code 03DF - your drive is working fine, you can make UHD backup with it
Code 01BE - your drive firmware version is not yet supported.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
reflex

Post by reflex »

Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:49 pm
reflex wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:38 pm

Is the firmware unsupported? Do I need to wait for a new version of MakeMKV with a higher rev cert as some threads imply? I have placed keys_hashed.txt in the defined data directory for MakeMKV and it is putting dumps in the same directory so I assume its in the right place. I have about 10 UHD's, all do the same even ones with older AACS versions like Mad Max.

Thanks for any assistance, it is appreciated.
turn on expert mode to see if you get:
Expert mode is on, but I don't see that code anywhere. Where would I find it? One of the dump files?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

reflex wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:58 am

Expert mode is on, but I don't see that code anywhere. Where would I find it? One of the dump files?
no it should show up in the window idk why its not maybe another silent makemkv update because when 1.14.2 first came out those debug codes never showed up then just before LibreDrive came out they started showing up so maybe they are gone again.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea you need the online update checkbox to be checked.
reflex

Post by reflex »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:03 am
Yea you need the online update checkbox to be checked.
It is on and I have seen it download the update previously. I turned on debug mode, which does give me a few codes but none that match the post by Billycar11.

MakeMKV v1.14.2 win(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\dflee/MakeMKV_log.txt
Using direct disc access mode
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
DEBUG: Code 0 at :*ku5+wDTH"E&[WUR:213130766
DEBUG: Code 0 at 9XP]H:#E}/Ipb8o3Av:121263521
<more like this>
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..002000800 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
DEBUG: Code 0 at 9XP]H:#E}/Ipb8o3Av:213132721
DEBUG: Code 4 at 9XP]H:#E}/Ipb8o3Av:213130904
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
DEBUG: Code 32 at %Hem0ps62FIWd!#vA&FuH:29393884
Error 'OS error - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process' occurred while creating 'C:\Users\dflee/.MakeMKV/UHD/MKB20_v61_Watchmen-_Ultimate_Cut_EE7F.tgz'
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
DEBUG: Code 0 at FcF^D,r,a.ZGY1pC:29396115
DEBUG: Code 0 at FcF^D,r,a.ZGY1pC:213134262
Failed to open disc

This implies the hashed keys file may not have this disc, but this does not work for any disc I have, even older ones.

BTW, thanks to those who are offering suggestions, it is appreciated. Have had a paid copy of MakeMKV for years now, its been fantastic, just trying to go to the next level now that I've finally got a UHD capable tv.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

What is "firmware type: original (unpatched) vs. what???
Is that supposed to be detecting if a drive has been flashed? No, how could it know? Read a date code somewhere in the drive's BIOS and say hey this drive is too new to have 3.01 on it!?
What about raw data read? Does that mean it's bypassing the encryption entirely? Does that mean no more hashed keys?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

The what is if the firmware was patched for speed increase. Basically rip lock. As for libredrive mode I believe the idea is that the entire contents of the disc can be read without all the authentication nonsense which should mean no more key downloads needed. Mike will have to answer that for sure but that's how I read it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:49 am
As for libredrive mode I believe the idea is that the entire contents of the disc can be read without all the authentication nonsense which should mean no more key downloads needed. Mike will have to answer that for sure but that's how I read it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That's what I thought as well when i was able to rip The Grinch a day after it was released I was betting it would not have keys but it went just fine. Today though I tried the aircraft carrier imax disc and it complained about not having a key but yeah Mike can weigh in.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

reflex wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:10 am
It is on and I have seen it download the update previously. I turned on debug mode, which does give me a few codes but none that match the post by Billycar11.

MakeMKV v1.14.2 win(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\dflee/MakeMKV_log.txt
Using direct disc access mode
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
DEBUG: Code 0 at :*ku5+wDTH"E&[WUR:213130766
DEBUG: Code 0 at 9XP]H:#E}/Ipb8o3Av:121263521
<more like this>
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..002000800 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
DEBUG: Code 0 at 9XP]H:#E}/Ipb8o3Av:213132721
DEBUG: Code 4 at 9XP]H:#E}/Ipb8o3Av:213130904
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
DEBUG: Code 32 at %Hem0ps62FIWd!#vA&FuH:29393884
Error 'OS error - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process' occurred while creating 'C:\Users\dflee/.MakeMKV/UHD/MKB20_v61_Watchmen-_Ultimate_Cut_EE7F.tgz'
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
DEBUG: Code 0 at FcF^D,r,a.ZGY1pC:29396115
DEBUG: Code 0 at FcF^D,r,a.ZGY1pC:213134262
Failed to open disc

This implies the hashed keys file may not have this disc, but this does not work for any disc I have, even older ones.

BTW, thanks to those who are offering suggestions, it is appreciated. Have had a paid copy of MakeMKV for years now, its been fantastic, just trying to go to the next level now that I've finally got a UHD capable tv.
Sorry, I somehow missed this reply. That looks like what you get when your drive isn't supported by LibreDrive. For example, when my NS60 was on firmware 1.01 that's the type of info I got in the log only I saw a bit more info than that. I genuinely don't know what's going on there. You double checked that expert mode is enabled? I know you said it is but never hurts to look? Something weird is going on there.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Just keep sending logs to Mike. Don't rule out that these changes he's making may produce a whole host of bugs. It's still beta software.

The trick is to rule out as many variables as possible. Which is why I sell drives to begin with.
pimpinonline

Post by pimpinonline »

mike admin wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:00 pm
Today the support for "official UHD" drives was finally enabled (not as smooth as it was hoped). As of today most "official" drives are supported, EXCEPT ones with latest firmware. If you have an "UHD official" drive, you should get one of two messages:
The proper explanation is coming soon. Thanks for the patience!
I don't know where I've been for the last 3 weeks, but I'm just seeing this news now. This is HUGE! I can ditch my big, clunky, external drive enclosure now, and use the BU40N in my desktop! Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication, this type of thing really makes a difference.

I have already ripped a couple of my movies using my BU40N as a test, and it's working great.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

BU40Ns are awesome.
sirmeili

Post by sirmeili »

jonghotti wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:45 pm
Yes it needs to be flashed with BU40N 1.00 which I am happy to send you. Alternatively I'll swap you a BU50N with supported firmware for yours.
I have a BU40N with 1.02. Any chance you can help a brother out with 1.00?
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Yep