4k Blu-ray Discs not showing up in Windows at all

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Post Reply
grnday5
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:51 am

4k Blu-ray Discs not showing up in Windows at all

Post by grnday5 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:41 pm

When I insert a 4k blu-ray disc, it does not show up in windows or makemkv. I have no problems ripping standard blu-ray discs. When I throw a 4k blu-ray disc into the drive, I get the following info:

Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.03
Serial number: K9DI2NJ4814
Firmware date: 2118-01-19 15:58
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 65

LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 3.03
DVD all regions: Possible, not yet enabled
BD raw data read: Possible, not yet enabled
BD raw metadata read: Possible, not yet enabled
Unrestricted read speed: Possible, not yet enabled

No disc inserted


Is there more info I can provide on from my PC specs to see if anyone would know why 4k discs arent even apearing in Windows despite having a 4k friendly drive? I appreciate any insight!

SamuriHL
Posts: 869
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: 4k Blu-ray Discs not showing up in Windows at all

Post by SamuriHL » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:18 pm

Your drive is on an unfriendly firmware version. So the results you're seeing are normal. It needs to be downgraded.

TheWoofies
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:39 pm

Re: 4k Blu-ray Discs not showing up in Windows at all

Post by TheWoofies » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:08 pm

I'm having a similar problem: I have an "LGWH16NS40" and I just put in one of my 4k bluray's and it loaded in then said no disk inserted. How do I fix this? (can I?)

Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS40
Revision: 1.03
Serial number: ---------
Firmware date: 2117-11-21 16:53
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 19

LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Possible, not yet enabled
BD raw data read: Possible, not yet enabled
BD raw metadata read: Possible, not yet enabled
Unrestricted read speed: Possible, not yet enabled

No disc inserted
Last edited by TheWoofies on Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Billycar11
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: 4k Blu-ray Discs not showing up in Windows at all

Post by Billycar11 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:21 am

TheWoofies wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:08 pm
How do I fix this? (can I?)
yes
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18873
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933
or send it to me if you dont want to flash it yourself
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17831

TheWoofies
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:39 pm

Re: 4k Blu-ray Discs not showing up in Windows at all

Post by TheWoofies » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Billycar11 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:21 am
TheWoofies wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:08 pm
How do I fix this? (can I?)
yes
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18873
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933
or send it to me if you dont want to flash it yourself
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17831
I am super confused by all of this, and I just tried the new flasher tool and got this error https://imgur.com/a/ZQ4kfpI I picked the "flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_WH16NS40_1.02" I thought that was all I had to do? can I get some other way to contact you so I don't have to wait for the forum for a mod to verify my post?

Billycar11
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: 4k Blu-ray Discs not showing up in Windows at all

Post by Billycar11 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:02 pm

TheWoofies wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:46 pm
Billycar11 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:21 am
TheWoofies wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:08 pm
How do I fix this? (can I?)
yes
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18873
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933
or send it to me if you dont want to flash it yourself
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17831
I am super confused by all of this, and I just tried the new flasher tool and got this error https://imgur.com/a/ZQ4kfpI I picked the "flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_WH16NS40_1.02" I thought that was all I had to do? can I get some other way to contact you so I don't have to wait for the forum for a mod to verify my post?
You didn't use the firmware me or Marty made use one of those with downgrades enabled and it will work follow my video in 3rd post of ultra haxor guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfpf6HoMMis

TheWoofies
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:39 pm

Re: 4k Blu-ray Discs not showing up in Windows at all

Post by TheWoofies » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:57 am

Billycar11 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:02 pm
TheWoofies wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:46 pm
Billycar11 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:21 am

yes
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18873
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933
or send it to me if you dont want to flash it yourself
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17831
I am super confused by all of this, and I just tried the new flasher tool and got this error https://imgur.com/a/ZQ4kfpI I picked the "flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_WH16NS40_1.02" I thought that was all I had to do? can I get some other way to contact you so I don't have to wait for the forum for a mod to verify my post?
You didn't use the firmware me or Marty made use one of those with downgrades enabled and it will work follow my video in 3rd post of ultra haxor guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfpf6HoMMis
OMG it's really that easy? thank you. Just from reading the previous posts it was confusing me, because I thought like I had to do some kind of hex edit or something. thank you so much. It seems to be working right now. Thank you.

asmcom
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:26 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: 4k Blu-ray Discs not showing up in Windows at all

Post by asmcom » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:08 pm

Glad to hear you got your drive sorted out and yes it is very easy to do yourself if you read the posts and links. Well done!!

Post Reply