Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
nj54567

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by nj54567 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:37 pm
It's a good thing I kept the official ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 Flasher. Here is the 3.02 firmware patched as per Mike's Instructions.

ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.02_OFFICIAL_(BYTE_PATCHED).bin.zip
@MartyMcNuts,could you to add an option in the program that would first save the current version of firmware on drive before flashing? It might help just in case something goes wrong during flashing. Thanks!
Boosted99

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by Boosted99 »

mike admin wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 pm
Back to BW-12B1ST from MK firmware pack or to official unpatched FW from ASUS site. You have an NS40 (or even NS30) drive, it will not read UHD discs ever.
am i missing something? i dont see a BW-12b1st in that mk firmware pack, i see a BC-12b1st (which i currently have flashed and it still wont read disks) bc-12d2ht and bw-16d1ht. i started this since it was a spare drive and its listed here and a few other places as a "uhd friendly".

i tried going back to the first firmware i flashed which is lg bh14ns40 but it gives me " valid atapi device not found" when using the firmware updater downloaded from lg, i cannot find an updater from asus for this drive and have read its just a rebranded lg drive anyway
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

nj54567 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:35 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:37 pm
It's a good thing I kept the official ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 Flasher. Here is the 3.02 firmware patched as per Mike's Instructions.

ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.02_OFFICIAL_(BYTE_PATCHED).bin.zip
@MartyMcNuts,could you to add an option in the program that would first save the current version of firmware on drive before flashing? It might help just in case something goes wrong during flashing. Thanks!
It's not that simple. I've done a lot of online searching and have not yet found any code samples on how to read a drive's firmware.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
MisterXYZ

Post by MisterXYZ »

Hello guys,

I bought the Asus BW-16D1HT. Works just fine. Now I want do downgrade the firmware with the tool provided by MartyMcNuts.
But I ran into a Problem, the label on my Player says "Asus BW-16D1HT" , but makeMKV, Windows and the tool recognize it as:
"BD-RE ASMedia ASM105x 3.03 "
Also the other tool from the polnish Webside doesnt recognize it neither.

See the pictures.
So, what do I do now to make it work? Really want to use my 4k Blu-Rays.
VersionNumber.jpg
VersionNumber.jpg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 21392 times
makeMKV.PNG
makeMKV.PNG (58.47 KiB) Viewed 21392 times
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (1.18 MiB) Viewed 21392 times
MisterXYZ

Post by MisterXYZ »

"Also the other tool from the polnish Webside doesnt recognize it neither."
Message here is:
Error2.PNG
Error2.PNG (85.22 KiB) Viewed 21385 times
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

MisterXYZ wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:17 pm
"Also the other tool from the polnish Webside doesnt recognize it neither."
You have an USB enclosure that damages so-called INQUIRY data (drive model and version). While LibreDrive runtime is smart enough to detect this and recognize the real drive behind enclosure Id data, other tools are not.
Your options:
1. Use (temporarily) any other USB enclosure, just to flash the drive
2. Connect the drive directly to SATA, again only for flash
3. Patch a "patched" flasher (requires some skills)
4. Wait for LibreDrive universal flasher to arrive (this won't happen overnight, to say the least).
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Woa! That's good to be aware of. I hadn't seen that before. Those USB enclosures can be really tricky at times it seems!!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

MisterXYZ wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:32 pm
Hello guys,

I bought the Asus BW-16D1HT. Works just fine. Now I want do downgrade the firmware with the tool provided by MartyMcNuts.
But I ran into a Problem, the label on my Player says "Asus BW-16D1HT" , but makeMKV, Windows and the tool recognize it as:

See the pictures.
That ASUS flasher in your pic is the 3.02 flasher. Please go to thread below and download the modified flasher + firmware.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933

Try this flasher and report back to us.

Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
ipkha

Post by ipkha »

I have one of the external Asus drives the BW-16D1H-U with firmware E114, but the Firmware Updater just hangs upon accepting the downgrade of the mk firmware pack. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to fix this error.

Here is the Drive info from Makemkv

Drive Information
OS device name: \Device\CdRom3
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1H-U
Revision: E114
Serial number: RFDL021541WL
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 66

Disc Information
Label: MARVELS_THE_AVENGERS
Timestamp: 2012-07-17 16:35:38
Data capacity: 43.53 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM
Number of layers: 2
Channel bit length: 74,5 nm (25.0 GB max. per layer)
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

ipkha wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:31 am
I have one of the external Asus drives the BW-16D1H-U with firmware E114, but the Firmware Updater just hangs upon accepting the downgrade of the mk firmware pack. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to fix this error.

Drive Information

Disc Information
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19153
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

ipkha wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:31 am

Drive Information

Disc Information
I'm pretty sure that the BW-16D1H-U actually contains a Pioneer drive. You might have to open it up and have a look.
ipkha

Post by ipkha »

Yes, turns out it Pioneer bdxl drive.
MisterXYZ

Post by MisterXYZ »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:28 am
MisterXYZ wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:32 pm
Hello guys,

See the pictures.
That ASUS flasher in your pic is the 3.02 flasher. Please go to thread below and download the modified flasher + firmware.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933

Try this flasher and report back to us.

Thanks
Tryed it out, worked!
Flash took ony 30sec and done.
Even with the SATA to USB Adapter.

Thank you very much:)
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

ipkha wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:13 am
Yes, turns out it Pioneer bdxl drive.
Thought so. Sorry, Pioneer drives are currently not flashable for UHD or LibreDrive.

PS: If you like the ASUS enclosure, you could always purchase another (LibreDrive and/or UHD compatible) internal drive to put in the enclosure?