Need some assistance with auto sub and audio

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Cooler

Need some assistance with auto sub and audio

Post by Cooler »

Hi!

I have enabled expert mode and I have also selected favorite subtitle language, but how do I select more than one? Is there an option for selecting favorite language for audio as well?

I would only like to have my native language subs + engligh subs and then all english audio tracks (DTS 7.1, 5.1, stereo and so on), is that possible?

Big thanks to anyone who knows, it would be suuuch a time saver! :D
Woodstock

Re: Need some assistance with auto sub and audio

Post by Woodstock »

You can only select one favorite language, and it applies to both audio and subtitle tracks. Generally, ALL in that language will be selected by the default rule, and any others will be ignored.

If you want multiple languages, it is best to NOT select a favorite language, rip all of them, and you can remove the ones you later decide you do NOT want using mkvtoolnix tools.

I've run into instances where the subtitle tracks are tagged as "English" but were actually Malay or Chinese.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Cooler

Re: Need some assistance with auto sub and audio

Post by Cooler »

Thanks for the suggestion!

I got it working by using:
-sel:all,+sel:(eng|nor),-sel:mvcvideo,+sel:subtitle&(eng|nor),=100:all,-10:favlang
I only want one more thing selected automatically and that is the attachment image at the end of each title on the disc.