Product Expired?

Everything related to MakeMKV
mmicrosysm

Product Expired?

Post by mmicrosysm »

I'm getting these errors...

I'm running the latest build available on your site.

Woodstock

Re: Product Expired?

Post by Woodstock »

The current beta key expired. They are good for about 2 months.

A new one has not been issued yet; when it is, you'll find it in this message: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

In the mean time, you can set your system DATE back to before the key expired, start MakeMKV, and the reset the date to current.

Or, there is always the option to buy a permanent key, and not worry about it every 2 months.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mmicrosysm

Post by mmicrosysm »

I looked at the purchase option and they do not support Paypal. I'm not a fan of handing out my CC# all over the net.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

PayPal isn't an option because PayPal objects to anything that can possibly be used to pirate movies. That decision wasn't the author's. If it removes DRM, it's against PP policy.

(of course, you CAN use PP to buy pirated movies and TV shows from Malaysia, but that's a different kettle of worms)
jerryfudd81

Post by jerryfudd81 »

Through searching forum I'm in the boat as many where I'd happily hand over $50 in a heartbeat (even before it expired) for this great software but being in the UK it wants to charge me £51.34 ($66.97).

Even on VPN it reverts back to GBP presumably based on the delivery address. Wanting to pay the author the due's he's asked for $50 would there be any problem putting in a US postal address?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

That I cannot tell you - from what Mike has said in the past, he told Avangate that it was US$50, and they deal with currency conversion and local VAT so that Mike gets USD$50 (minus their percentage, I assume).

Since there isn't any "delivery" involved, giving them any address would suffice, but... the country that your credit card is registered to would be used to select the price.

I've heard of services you can join that will give you either a "one-time" or "multi-use" credit card number to use for orders (they charge your real card for the purchase, make their money off the processor's fee paid by the seller), and you can select what country it is based in. I first heard of it when some people bought a LOT of electronic books when a certain vendor miss-priced them at "9" of whatever the local currency was, instead of, say, US$9, ¥899, etc.

I personally have no experience with them.
jerryfudd81

Post by jerryfudd81 »

thanks, ive read the various comments in threads before and can certainly understand the use of the merchant.

is the code instantly e-mailled or does it take time (days?) to generate and email?
xr200

Post by xr200 »

>>] is the code instantly e-mailled or does it take time (days?) to generate and email?

In my case (about 3 years ago), the key came via email pretty much instantly.
I assume the process is the same today, but I don't have any personal experience.
jerryfudd81

Post by jerryfudd81 »

xr200 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:08 pm
>>] is the code instantly e-mailled or does it take time (days?) to generate and email?

In my case (about 3 years ago), the key came via email pretty much instantly.
I assume the process is the same today, but I don't have any personal experience.
Just purchased.... your right it was instant.
ARAMP1

Post by ARAMP1 »

I've found that I've been using MakeMKV more and more often than the others, so I decided to purchase this go around. It's been over an hour since I've paid. Maybe I didn't do something I was supposed to, but the code hasn't been instant.
GariKuba

Post by GariKuba »

ARAMP1 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:39 pm
I've found that I've been using MakeMKV more and more often than the others, so I decided to purchase this go around. It's been over an hour since I've paid. Maybe I didn't do something I was supposed to, but the code hasn't been instant.
Did the same thing; received the payment accepted mail .. but no key yet. Been waiting for 2 hours now.

I'll be patient and hope to receive it later today. :)
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

ARAMP1 wrote:
Have you checked your SPAM folder? Sometimes filters are overly aggressive.
ARAMP1

Post by ARAMP1 »

d00zah wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 pm
ARAMP1 wrote:
Have you checked your SPAM folder? Sometimes filters are overly aggressive.
Yes. Even though order confirmation email and payment received email were sent to my inbox.
Mcrfan44

Post by Mcrfan44 »

ARAMP1 wrote:
Same here, ordered around 9am, payment has been process, no code.
danielg

Post by danielg »

Did you get your codes? A few of you said you were waiting, then no more responses...

I'm considering purchase, I've ripped 100 DVDs and a few BluRays, and I'm feeling an obligation to do my part in supporting this amazing software.

Also - I know beta the key expires every 2 months, but also the program itself expires occasionally? If I buy a permanent key will the software version I have work forever too or will the program still expire at times?

The reason I say is that I also want to buy a key to insure against the possibility that this site or program may just cease to exist one day, and know that my registered copy will continue to work for a long time... as long as the OS supports it...

I know that if this project ceases, then future updates to bluRay formats may render it not useful for those, but that's not too much of a concern. I'm more concerned about continuing to have MakeMKV access to my existing library of purchased discs to decide what I want to put on my Plex server.