John Wick Chapter 2

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
mathewbeall

John Wick Chapter 2

Post by mathewbeall »

Hi Folks,

New to this - but got a good UHD friendly drive and have been ripping all my UHD's this weekend - about 15 with no problem. One has a problem - John Wick Chapter 2. It keeps getting drive errors, etc. I thought it might be a bad disc, so grabbed a buddy's disk and it behaves the exact same way.

Lots of errors like this:

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00004.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 30720, attempting to work around
The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00004.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 30720, attempting to work around

And then it finally goes to the screen were I can select which titles to rip - and then the drive spins up and it looks like there is no disc in the drive....

Help! It's my last one! :)

Matt
Attachments
this is before it loads the disc
this is before it loads the disc
before.png (73.07 KiB) Viewed 10701 times
this is after it does all the loading
this is after it does all the loading
Untitled.png (76.12 KiB) Viewed 10701 times
ronaldTrage

John Wick Chapter 2

Post by ronaldTrage »

Its good to see Keanu Reeves on the spotlight again. Like the good old times with The Matrix.
MartyMcNuts

Re: John Wick Chapter 2

Post by MartyMcNuts »

@matthewbeall,

Give your disc a good clean (even if it already looks clean) and try doing a full folder backup.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
mathewbeall

Post by mathewbeall »

Thanks @MartyMcNuts - I was able to copy the files over to the hard drive.

When I go to use MakeMKV on the folder structure - it says it doesn't recognize the volume and drops a .tgz file out there - but when I did the optical drive, it recognized it....

Any idea what to do next? (I am hesitant to send the .tgz file in because I know it didn't have that issue with the optical drive).

Matt
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

mathewbeall wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:52 am
Thanks @MartyMcNuts - I was able to copy the files over to the hard drive.

When I go to use MakeMKV on the folder structure - it says it doesn't recognize the volume and drops a .tgz file out there - but when I did the optical drive, it recognized it....

Any idea what to do next? (I am hesitant to send the .tgz file in because I know it didn't have that issue with the optical drive).

Matt
I meant use MakeMKV to decrypt the disc and back-up to a folder. Don't select individual titles. Back-up the entire disc to folder.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
mathewbeall

Post by mathewbeall »

Actually - I went into AnyDVD and said "Copy Disc" - that got all the hidden files, etc - and MakeMKV is now doing its magic... Thanks for the suggestion of trying to copy it local!