Unable to Rip DVD w/ Subtitle

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Jorsh

Unable to Rip DVD w/ Subtitle

Post by Jorsh »

Hi Everyone,

I've been getting the lovely error of "LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error in p->FetchFrames(1,false)," when trying to rip my remaining DBZ seasons. Of note is that I was able to successfully rip seasons 1-3, and then starting with season 4, they've been failing. Things I've tried:
1. Use multiple different drives, both internal and external
2. Rip successfully without subtitles
3. Successfully rip another DVD, AKIRA, with subtitles (could the remaining 38 discs for DBZ all be bad?

Has anyone found a way around this? I've also attached my log file.
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(2.61 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
Woodstock

Re: Unable to Rip DVD w/ Subtitle

Post by Woodstock »

They wouldn't happen to have added closed captioning in season 4 and later? If they did, you might try unselecting the CC track.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Jorsh

Post by Jorsh »

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, there's no CC track to select. There are the main video, three audio and two subtitle tracks. I've deselected both subtitle tracks, which rips fine, but as soon as either are selected, the rip fails. I've also tried on both of my work computers to rule out my own, still no joy.
Jorsh

Post by Jorsh »

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'd like to finish up these rips.
p_merc

Post by p_merc »

I just ran into this issue as well. Seasons 1-3 worked, but seasons 4 and 5 started giving errors like the ones you have in your log file if I included subtitles. I installed 1.12.2 alongside latest and that has been successful with the few discs from season 5 that I tried.
Atra1n2

Post by Atra1n2 »

I'm having a similar problem with ripping DVDs with subtitles. It will open the DVD fine, however when it begins to rip the output file size gets stuck at 4.6k, and it won't rip the file any further. When I go into the titles I've selected to rip, it will list subtitles like English, French, and Spanish; then there's a different looking subtitle file and the description reads CC->Text English ( Lossy conversion ). If I un-select this last one it rips the title with no issue. However, its annoying as I've never encountered this before on any of my other discs. Did MakeMKV lose support for ripping this subtitle format or is this the first time the software is showing this subtitle format is contained on the DVD?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

First time Closed Caption subtitles have been detected and extracted. Per [url=viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18285&p=67106]this post{/url], Windows and Mac versions of MakeMKV come with ccextractor, but the Linux version does NOT.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging