Setup for pulling all audio and subtitle tracks on linux

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
nathanc1

Setup for pulling all audio and subtitle tracks on linux

Post by nathanc1 »

I paid for the key a while back and this program is great, but I am looking to customize and automate a setup to convert a shelf of DVDs. I want to have all subtitles and (english as well as japanese) audio tracks in the output files. I have been searching on google as well as these forums for several days and haven't been able to understand the proper setup.

I have a settings.conf file in ~/home/.MakeMKV/ and it contains a line for my key as well as a line for ccextractor. I noticed a notification that my key was less then 30 days so I am not certain if adding the line for ccextractor broke something on my config. Is there another location to configure ccextractor to avoid the error messages when running?

I read a lot about the profiles. I dug a while and finally found some copies of the default.mmcp.xml file and it seems like I need to edit the line for "app_DefaultSelectionString". Is that correct or is that now obsolete since I saw a comment saying that it is ignored by MakeMKV 1.14.4 and later.

I would appreciate if someone could give me a hand for my linux setup. (Linux mint and Ubuntu server - testing to see which works better for me) I think I mainly need to know which file to edit and where it would be found? I have an idea on the profile string if they are still valid. Though couldn't I just do "+sel:all" to grab everything?

OH I am running with the version MakeMKV 1.14.3

Thanks,
Nathan
Woodstock

Re: Setup for pulling all audio and subtitle tracks on linux

Post by Woodstock »

The setting string found in the profiles no longer affects the selection of tracks. You can change the one in Preferences->Advanced (if you have expert mode enabled) in the GUI, and it should set it for both the GUI and the command line version.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
nathanc1

Post by nathanc1 »

I am running with an OS that is command line only so I don't have the GUI to set initially. Is there another file that I can edit or command line arguments that I can pass to makemkvcon?
nathanc1

Post by nathanc1 »

I got it working.

To clarify for any other newbies, the advanced profile settings are now in /home/<username>/.MakeMKV/settings.conf.
This file has entries for your permanent/monthly key
Add a line for custom profile:
app_DefaultSelectionString="+sel:all"

"+sel:all" (selects all the audio and subtitle tracks)
"-sel:all,+sel:(eng|jpn),-sel:mvcvideo,+sel:subtitle&(eng|jpn),=100:all,-10:favlang" (Grabs english and japanese audio and subtitles)

If you have installed ccextractor to avoid those error messages, add this line:
app_ccextractor = "/opt/ccextractor/linux/ccextractor" (Full path including filename)