Problème sous-titres

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Michel Duwelz

Problème sous-titres

Post by Michel Duwelz »

Bonjour,
La création des fichiers .mkv s'effectue sans problème signalé.
Je lis ces fichiers avec VLC sur mon ordinateur et tout est OK.
Quand je lis ces mêmes fichiers sur ma télé, dés q'un sous-titre apparait, l'image vidéo disparait (fond d'écran blanc) et elle revient quand le sous-titre disparait.
La lecture du DVD sur lecteur de DVD et le même téléviseur s'effectue normalement.
Merci

Hello,
The creation of the files. mkv takes place without signalled problem.
I read these files with VLC on my computer and all is OK.
When I read these same files on my television, dice q'un subtitles appears, the picture video disappears (white screen bottom) and it comes back when the subtitle disappears.
The reading of the DVD on reader of DVD and the same television normally takes place.
Thank you.
Grauhaar

Re: Problème sous-titres

Post by Grauhaar »

Most "Smart TV" have horrible Media Playing support. It can play a simple files, show pictures and so on. MKV files with video, audios, subtitles are complexer and it end up what you see. You have already verified with VLC that the MKV file is okay and playable, so the problem is not the MKV file itself, it's the bad support in the "Smart TV".
Best is to use an external Media Client Player (with Harddisc or Connected to the Network and the videos are on an NAS) which supports many formats or you can test an Blu-ray Player if the file can be played.
Good Luck :)