No help for 3d huh? That stinks...

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
joshuagoard

No help for 3d huh? That stinks...

Post by joshuagoard »

So I have posted a few questions about 3d copies. I know how to make a backup and every time I create a backup, delete the MakeMKV folder and use imgburn to burn the backup to a BDR disc the playback is fine. But when I complete the same process with ANY 3d movie, the disc loads, I select the language track, get the first intro screen, get the "TV has detected 3d playback notification" but the main menu never/or takes forever to load and even if it does load when I select play nothing ever happens.

Hoping at some point this can be fixed. Since there really is no good way to rip 3d movies for playback without a re-encode and losing quality (that I am aware of) the only other option would be to purchase an additional piece of software...

Please don't take this as complaining, I appreciate all the work and effort that has gone into this program. But it is a little frustrating to buy software and ask for help several times and get nothing in response...
SamuriHL

Re: No help for 3d huh? That stinks...

Post by SamuriHL »

3d is not easily ripped to folders. This is due to how the data is stored on the disc. The only proper way to back up 3d discs is ripping to an iso which makemkv doesn't support. It will happily create a 3d mkv which plays back fine, however.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

joshuagoard

Post by joshuagoard »

Unfortunately the blu ray player I have doesn't playback MKV files in 3d, only 2d. Looks like I'm stuck buying another piece of software then...bummer. Thanks for the explanation though.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yeah 3d is stored in a way that compresses it on disc. Ripping it to folders doesn't work properly. Really needs an iso if you're burning to disc for a standalone player. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

thetoerag

Post by thetoerag »

You could use DVDFabs Virtual Drive to create a Mini ISO and mount that in the virtual drive, it does work on Raw Folders for 2D & 3D.

Thought it would be nice to have the option to back up to a ISO if you wished to
Heaven Won't Have Me & Hells Afraid I Will Take Over
klapa

Post by klapa »

You could also use mkisofs in Windows or Linux.

I think there is a utility for mounting an iso in Windows - in Linux it is easy by mounting in loopback mode.