New Hashkeys ?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
danny74

New Hashkeys ?

Post by danny74 »

Good morning,

how can i find a newest update from Hashkeys?
the last update was from 19.03.2019

ist this actually? In this list can´t i find the movie Bumblebee UHD.
Can somebody help me please?

thanks

regards from Germany
MartyMcNuts

Re: New Hashkeys ?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

danny74 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:14 am
Good morning,

how can i find a newest update from Hashkeys?
the last update was from 19.03.2019

ist this actually? In this list can´t i find the movie Bumblebee UHD.
Can somebody help me please?

thanks

regards from Germany
Make sure you are using the latest version of MakeMKV and have enabled "Allow contacting web server for updates" in preferences. The latest keys will be automatically downloaded once you start a UHD disc backup.

Cheers.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
danny74

Post by danny74 »

Hi,

So far, I have added the hash keys manually. How do you have to set this under the preferences that he always makes automatic updates of Hashkeys?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

danny74 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:34 am
Hi,

So far, I have added the hash keys manually. How do you have to set this under the preferences that he always makes automatic updates of Hashkeys?
You do not need to manually download keys anymore.

Go to Preferences and in the General tab make sure to check the box for "Allow contacting web server for updates". Once you have done this, insert the disc and start the back-up. MakeMKV will then automatically download the latest keys.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
danny74

Post by danny74 »

ok I try it in the evening. Can you say me the Hashkey from Bumblee is there?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

danny74 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:31 am
ok I try it in the evening. Can you say me the Hashkey from Bumblee is there?
Yes it should be as I decrypted my Bumblebee UHD a couple of weeks ago.
danny74

Post by danny74 »

Thank you, I'll call you today afternoon or evening
danny74

Post by danny74 »

the box was activated. Where can I find out that he also updates a current list?

in which folder the hashes must be clean? i´ve the hashes in the makemkv folder.
but the date from the hashes in the makemkv folder has not changed after the start from makemkv. Is still the old date in it

my Version is 1.14.3 of makemkv
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

In your MakeMKV data directory (set in Preferences->General), there is a file named _private_data.tar, which is updated when the new keys are downloaded.

MakeMKV uses that file to store information about your system, including the keys, so they are less likely to be deleted accidentally.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

@danny74,

Have you actually tried to back up Bumblebee yet? Stick the disc in and start backup. If you get an error, let us know what it is.
danny74

Post by danny74 »

Hi
i have makemkv new installed. so its ok.The Backup has completly.
to all thanks for the support.

best regards
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

So in essence there is no longer an offline file available, correct? Gone back to the regular OPD method?
Unless I insert a specific disc, the updated list never downloads.
I've noticed that inserting a standard Blu-ray now even shows it retrieving data.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Krawk wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:57 am
So in essence there is no longer an offline file available, correct? Gone back to the regular OPD method?
Unless I insert a specific disc, the updated list never downloads.
I've noticed that inserting a standard Blu-ray now even shows it retrieving data.
Correct, no need for the offline file anymore.

When you start a disc backup (any disc, nothing specific), MakeMKV automatically downloads the latest key updates file from the server if it newer than what is currently on your PC. You don't see the keys anymore as they are inside the private_data.tar file.
VDubb

Post by VDubb »

My ripping/encoding PC is offline and will be not connected to the Internet.

How would I manually update the hash key file?
killkong1211

Post by killkong1211 »

Has the generation of new keys by request been automated in a similar way or is it still a case of sending the file to the email and waiting for it to be added to the hash update?