Recommended drive for non UHD discs?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
John117

Recommended drive for non UHD discs?

Post by John117 »

I have a couple WH16NS40 with original 1.02 firmware that I want to flash to get rid of the sleep bug. I plan to use those for my UHD discs.

However, I have a few hundred regular Blu-ray’s I’d like to get ripped and with my schedule it’s better if I can start a bunch all at once instead of coming back to the computer every 30-45 minutes to swap a couple discs.

So I’m thinking of adding 3-4 more drives, just need something basic and proven. Most of the topics and recent information I’ve seen is regarding UHD drives.

Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you.
MartyMcNuts

Re: Recommended drive for non UHD discs?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

John117 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:59 pm
I have a couple WH16NS40 with original 1.02 firmware that I want to flash to get rid of the sleep bug. I plan to use those for my UHD discs.

However, I have a few hundred regular Blu-ray’s I’d like to get ripped and with my schedule it’s better if I can start a bunch all at once instead of coming back to the computer every 30-45 minutes to swap a couple discs.

So I’m thinking of adding 3-4 more drives, just need something basic and proven. Most of the topics and recent information I’ve seen is regarding UHD drives.

Why not stick with the same model drive? The WH14NS40 is another cheaper option.This also gives you the option of flashing those drives, at a later date, if needed. Also, if you want LibreDrive compatibility, you should probably stick with LG or ASUS drives.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
jonghotti

Re: Recommended drive for non UHD discs?

Post by jonghotti »

John117 wrote:I have a couple WH16NS40 with original 1.02 firmware that I want to flash to get rid of the sleep bug. I plan to use those for my UHD discs.

Were you asking on makemkv about this same subject if you were I won’t send the same reply I did there Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829