Starship Troopers 4K Steelbook: "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted" ?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
AssuredlyAnAlt

Starship Troopers 4K Steelbook: "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted" ?

Post by AssuredlyAnAlt »

I'm working with the Steelbook 4K release of Starship Troopers, which I didn't think was new. I've found posts on this forum saying other people have dumped other versions of this film. This is the first disc I've been unable to dump.

Drive Information
OS device name: \Device\CdRom0
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.10
Serial number: M6XXXXXXXXXX
Firmware date: 2119-01-04 10:14
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 61

Disc Information
Label: STARSHIP_TROOPERS
Timestamp: 2017-07-30 19:27:34
Data capacity: 58.57 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM UHD
Number of layers: 2
Bus encryption flags: 80

Log Output:
MakeMKV v1.14.3 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Downloading latest SDF to C:\Users\XXX/.MakeMKV ...
Using LibreDrive mode (v05 id=0FA242DD4D0B)
Downloading latest HK to C:\Users\XXX/.MakeMKV ...
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\XXX/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v61_Starship_Troopers_BE63.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

I have emailed the resulting AACS dump to svq@makemkv.com, but I'm not sure what else to do with this.
Is it possible that my drive or disc is somehow not reading properly? Is it possible this is some hitherto-undumped version of this movie?
st4evr

Re: Starship Troopers 4K Steelbook: "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted" ?

Post by st4evr »

Read this:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=19567

As it may apply to you as well. READ the posts in the links provided within that thread. If you have already taken those actions, then all you have to do is wait. No need to overthink it. The key submittal process is what it is and we all have to wait until Mike adds support for the specific discs submitted.