Enable LibreDrive

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
saarg

Enable LibreDrive

Post by saarg »

I have been looking around, but don't really find any info about how to enable LibreDrive. Is there anything to enable or is it automatical?
I have tried on Windows, Linux native and in Docker containers, but there are nothing about LibreDrive at all.
The private_data.tar is downloaded.
SamuriHL

Re: Enable LibreDrive

Post by SamuriHL »

It is automatically downloaded if your drive is supported.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

saarg

Post by saarg »

Shouldn't the Libredrive info box be there anyway to indicate if it's supported or not?
The libraries are already available at /usr/lib/libdriveio.so.0
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Some people have said it didn't show up for them in Linux. I'm not really sure what's up with that. But in Windows, if you open MakeMKV and then open a disc with the drive that's Libre supported, it'll download the requisite support and should show as Libre enabled from then on. The key is you first have to open a disc at least once for the requisite code to download.
saarg

Post by saarg »

Tried to open a disc on Windows, so I guess the drive I tested in windows isn't compatible then.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

saarg wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:29 pm
Tried to open a disc on Windows, so I guess the drive I tested in windows isn't compatible then.
What model drive?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

It would tell you that in the status window. Now that you've opened a disc, go back to the beginning and the status window should show you info about LibreDrive.
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

my drive tells me its supported and reads and writes like a charm the only thing I have yet to see enabled is unrestricted drive read it tells me supported but not yet enabled.I imagine its just meant to be used with certain drives more recent ones I beleve. : )
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

No, it means that the firmware extension for removing riplock on supported drives hasn't been written yet. Given that Mike has to finish supporting quite a few more drives, I suspect we'll be at the early stages of LibreDrive functionality until those drives are all supported, then he can focus on adding additional features to the code like Riplock removal for drives that support it.
iFrog

Post by iFrog »

Hi guys,
Last night I am new to the forum, and tried to create a specific topic for my situation to make it easier, but it seems to be gone this morning.

Anyway, I am looking for help regarding LibreDrive support. I recently had to replace a 5 year old Pioneer BDR-XD05W yesterday as it decided to fail. Up until that point I didn't even know LibrewDrive was a thing.
I found out about it when I got my LG BP50NB40 yesterday from Best Buy. The drive appears to work without issues, I'm not planning on ripping any UHD content, anytime soon, mainly DVD, and Standard Blu-ray Discs.

My questions were:

1. Do I need to do anything to the drive firmware, as mentioned in other posts, or will the drive continue to work normally?
2. I saw in another post that MakeMKV is going to eventually support all drives automatically in the future, is this correct?

I did try flashing the drive with an MX firmware, and the parched flasher for LG, however the flash never worked, it just sat and hung, and never started.
I primarily use a Mac, so any flashing that needs to be done, I usually do in a windows virtual machine via VMWare by connecting the drive, or device to the VM as a USB device so the guest OS can access it directly.

My specs are:
iMac 27", Late 2015, macOS 10.14.4 Mojave
MakeMKV 1.14.3.
LG BP50NB40

Here is a paste from MakeMKV with the specific drive information.

Drive Information
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BP50NB40
Revision: 1.01
Serial number: SIM08J2A95932
Firmware date: 2117-11-23 16:15
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 66

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.01
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

No disc inserted
Thanks for the help, if my original post is still here somewhere, I apologize for double posting, however this morning I couldn't find it, and my status said 0 posts.
I also apologize if I jumped onto the wrong thread, just trying to find the best thread, rather then trying to create a bunch of new ones.
redyul

Post by redyul »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:52 pm
No, it means that the firmware extension for removing riplock on supported drives hasn't been written yet. Given that Mike has to finish supporting quite a few more drives, I suspect we'll be at the early stages of LibreDrive functionality until those drives are all supported, then he can focus on adding additional features to the code like Riplock removal for drives that support it.
Is there a thread or Red.Me that keep track of RipLock?
My "BW-16D1HT" shows Unrestricted read speed: Possible, not yet enabled... using MK or DE BIOS.
my old "BC-12B1ST" rip faster DVD :)
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

redyul wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 am
SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:52 pm
Is there a thread or Red.Me that keep track of RipLock?
My "BW-16D1HT" shows Unrestricted read speed: Possible, not yet enabled... using MK or DE BIOS.
my old "BC-12B1ST" rip faster DVD :)
No. It will be supported when Mike (owner/developer of MakeMKV) decides it’s ready for deployment. Just like with any other software development. That simple.

And you’ve posted the exact same question multiple times across multiple posts. There is no need to spam the forum when your question has already been answered elsewhere. Use your head.
redyul

Post by redyul »

st4evr wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:00 pm
No. It will be supported when Mike (owner/developer of MakeMKV) decides it’s ready for deployment. Just like with any other software development. That simple.

And you’ve posted the exact same question multiple times across multiple posts. There is no need to spam the forum when your question has already been answered elsewhere. Use your head.
Thnx, Sorry for the re-post, I was not sure how the tread are managed, I will more careful.
bigozbear

Post by bigozbear »

Drive Information
OS device name: /dev/rdisk9
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: BUFFALO
Product: Optical Drive
Revision: BN10
Serial number: KZ8H92J1011
Firmware date: 2117-05-30 17:24
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 68

LibreDrive Information

Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 00.45.45.png
Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 00.45.45.png (182.2 KiB) Viewed 38715 times
Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 00.46.19.png
Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 00.46.19.png (236.77 KiB) Viewed 38715 times
Where do I find the firmware for my BUFFALO drive?
My drive (information via MakeMKV) says "Possible, Not Yet Installed"
I downloaded file: mk-firmware-pack-20191013
/MK/ASUS --- /HL-DT-ST
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

bigozbear wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:48 am
Drive Information
OS device name: /dev/rdisk9
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: BUFFALO
Product: Optical Drive
Revision: BN10
Serial number: KZ8H92J1011
Firmware date: 2117-05-30 17:24
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 68

LibreDrive Information

Where do I find the firmware for my BUFFALO drive?
My drive (information via MakeMKV) says "Possible, Not Yet Installed"
I downloaded file: mk-firmware-pack-20191013
/MK/ASUS --- /HL-DT-ST
What model drive is it?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com