Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Grencola

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Grencola »

tango306 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:42 pm
H.265 HEVC is lossy codec. Period.
But that is literally what UHD Discs use..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_HD_Blu-ray
<<Encoding: H.265/MPEG-H Part 2 (HEVC)>>
Last edited by Grencola on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

bgalakazam wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:21 pm
Grencola, I recently got Atmos stuff. So back to this, any way to do DV with lossy Atmos? I know there is ATV4K solution, but I only have a Sony X700.
If you try what I said above, I bet the x700 would play it. the full uhd-bd bdmv rip, dvdfab, and tsmuxer is all you would need.
tango306

Post by tango306 »

Grencola wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:38 pm
tango306 wrote:
I’ve said that several times to you when we discussed on DV. It’s a common knowledge here.
Doesn’t change the fact that the codec is lossy.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

tango306 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:03 pm
Grencola wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:38 pm
tango306 wrote:
I’ve said that several times to you when we discussed on DV. It’s a common knowledge here.
Doesn’t change the fact that the codec is lossy.
Cool man. UHD Blurays are encoded with a lossy codec. I got it. 8) Anyway, imho, getting Dolby Vision AND 5000+ kbps Lossless audio+Atmos with a few megabits of video compression is waay better than having those 3 or 4 Mbps back but hearing 640kbps ac3, lol. If what I even said will work, I mean. Otherwise of course go with the lossless mp4 vs lossy mp4.
Donpablo80

Post by Donpablo80 »

Grencola wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:49 pm
tango306 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:14 pm
Donpablo80 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Yes, but you can't see the difference between this encode of 48,2 Mb/s or the remux of 52,7 Mb/s. I have been comparing it several times. Maybe this is a nice solution for tv's that don't play dual layer mp4.
Well, whether the difference is visible or not is different topic. And this is very dependent in viewing environment, equipment and viewer.
That's not true at all; HEVC is NOT just a lossy codec. It can be perfectly lossless. In fact, Blurays use HEVC :) This is also such minor compression, we're talking a few mbits, that he's right, you won't see that. Plus the benefit could be a HUGE; what's now stopping us from demuxing the new single layer dv video track, and then muxing it with the hd-audio + atmos track into a ts container to now get full playback we've been wanting without an Oppo?! Apple TV 4k running MrMC, the Sony X700 BDP, and some TV's with e-arc can playback dolby vision from single layer video files and they support hd audio. I'm pretty excited! :D
Tsmuxer doesn't reconize the single layer dvhe video track, so i can't mux it with the TrueHD Atmos audio track. Is there an other muxer to try with?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Donpablo80 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:05 pm
Grencola wrote:
tango306 wrote:

Well, whether the difference is visible or not is different topic. And this is very dependent in viewing environment, equipment and viewer.
That's not true at all; HEVC is NOT just a lossy codec. It can be perfectly lossless. In fact, Blurays use HEVC :) This is also such minor compression, we're talking a few mbits, that he's right, you won't see that. Plus the benefit could be a HUGE; what's now stopping us from demuxing the new single layer dv video track, and then muxing it with the hd-audio + atmos track into a ts container to now get full playback we've been wanting without an Oppo?! Apple TV 4k running MrMC, the Sony X700 BDP, and some TV's with e-arc can playback dolby vision from single layer video files and they support hd audio. I'm pretty excited! :D
Tsmuxer doesn't reconize the single layer dvhe video track, so i can't mux it with the TrueHD Atmos audio track. Is there an other muxer to try with?
Do you mean when demuxing? This: https://github.com/DolbyLaboratories/dl ... 64bits.exe will demux your mp4 and give you the single-layer video.hevc track. Then add that to tsmuxer. If you did that and you meant it isn't recognized (weird cuz it should be) then ffmpeg should work.
Donpablo80

Post by Donpablo80 »

Grencola wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:16 pm
Donpablo80 wrote:
Grencola wrote:

Do you mean when demuxing? This: https://github.com/DolbyLaboratories/dl ... 64bits.exe will demux your mp4 and give you the single-layer video.hevc track. Then add that to tsmuxer. If you did that and you meant it isn't recognized (weird cuz it should be) then ffmpeg should work.
I mean the compressed single layer Dolby vision track that DVDFab is creating.

Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU
Codec ID : dvhe
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
Duration : 2 h 23 min
Bit rate : 48,2 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23,976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.242
Stream size : 48,2 GiB (99%)
Encoded date : UTC 2019-06-01 06:28:37
Tagged date : UTC 2019-06-01 07:11:03
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Donpablo80 wrote:
Grencola wrote:
tango306 wrote:

I suggest using mkvtoolnix. Just change the extension to mp4 before muxing.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Donpablo80 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:06 pm
Grencola wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:16 pm
Donpablo80 wrote:

I mean the compressed single layer Dolby vision track that DVDFab is creating.

Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU
Codec ID : dvhe
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
Duration : 2 h 23 min
Bit rate : 48,2 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23,976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.242
Stream size : 48,2 GiB (99%)
Encoded date : UTC 2019-06-01 06:28:37
Tagged date : UTC 2019-06-01 07:11:03
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC
it would be something similar to this:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i <audio-stream> -i <video-stream> -async 1 -c copy test.ts
I haven't used ffmpeg much though, so those triggers might not be right
generalmilk

Post by generalmilk »

Hmm, I just thought all hope is lost according to Grencola's comment. I don't trust Sony and Kodi won't get license. However, if DVDFab can indeed convert dual layer DV into single layer DV, then Sony TV might have a chance. But, how is it possible?
hepe9

Post by hepe9 »

And no exist other program can make single layer dolby vision without compression?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

hepe9 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:06 am
And no exist other program can make single layer dolby vision without compression?
the only method was needing a Dolby CMU Workstation with Dolby Encoder Suite and an official license from Dolby to reauthor the film into a different container. Not entirely sure how DVDFab achieves this. I personally haven't been successful yet, but I'm also only using the trial version as I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars if it doesn't actually work.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

generalmilk wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:23 am
Hmm, I just thought all hope is lost according to Grencola's comment. I don't trust Sony and Kodi won't get license. However, if DVDFab can indeed convert dual layer DV into single layer DV, then Sony TV might have a chance. But, how is it possible?
If your TV can play the single layer LG DV demos files then you might have a chance..
fib1985

Post by fib1985 »

Hi guys,

how to make an .mp4 dolby vision file from full blu ray iso using clonebd ?
hepe9

Post by hepe9 »

Donpablo80 where is the compression mode in dvdfab?

I use the trial and have only 3 attempts and i used 2

1º time I used the Passtrought MP4 and create a MP4 with dual layer DV, the 2º attempt I used the MP4 Dolby Vision and is very very rare, it takes long time and is a Passtrought too.

Where is the option in the menu what do you say?