LibreDrive and Offline Systems

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
VDubb

LibreDrive and Offline Systems

Post by VDubb »

I have a dedicated computer that I use for ripping and encoding that is purposely not connected to the Internet. I recently purchased a LG WH16NS60 and was planning on flashing it with the MK firmware. I was under the assumption I could then install MakeMKV and I would be good to go. But then I read posts about MakeMKV needing to download additional files, like an SDF file for LibreDrive.

Could I still use MakeMKV in offline mode for BD and UHD discs? Where can I manually download the additional files I would need so I can transfer it to my other computer?
SamuriHL

Re: LibreDrive and Offline Systems

Post by SamuriHL »

You can download the SDF manually (there's a link somewhere on the forum but it escapes me at the moment). However, that being said, it won't do you a lot of good with UHD. Unsure about blu-ray. But with UHD, you have to allow it to download the keys from the server so an offline MakeMKV installation isn't super useful.
VDubb

Post by VDubb »

Thanks SamuriHL.

I found the link for the SDF file. The file has a modified date of 10/30/2018, so I don't know if that is the current version.

Does MakeMKV download all the keys at once, or does it download only the key needed for the disc you rip? If it was all the keys at once, I was thinking I could do a temp install of MakeMKV on my Internet computer, get the key file, and then transfer the file to my encoding PC? It was nice when the manual hash key file was still updated.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:02 am

http://www.makemkv.com/svq/sdf.bin

found it you will probably also need the hashed keys
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=16959

not as up to date as the ota version but it will work if it has your movie in there
i think i will add this to the uhd drive guide so we dont keep losing it
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

VDubb wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:16 am
Thanks SamuriHL.

I found the link for the SDF file. The file has a modified date of 10/30/2018, so I don't know if that is the current version.

Does MakeMKV download all the keys at once, or does it download only the key needed for the disc you rip? If it was all the keys at once, I was thinking I could do a temp install of MakeMKV on my Internet computer, get the key file, and then transfer the file to my encoding PC? It was nice when the manual hash key file was still updated.
I believe it downloads all the new keys at once. But it's not going to be a one time thing. Every time you get a new disc you're going to need to get the latest keys. But, it would work.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 am

i think i will add this to the uhd drive guide so we dont keep losing it
Excellent idea.
VDubb

Post by VDubb »

Thanks for the advice and guide.

I did a temp install of MakeMKV on a PC that is Internet connected. MakeMKV downloaded the private data file. It is 407 KB in size and contains an index, SDF file, and 93 hkd files.

Does that seem the correct size or number of files to have all the current keys? Should I be able to transfer this private data file to my offline computer?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea that's probably about right. Yes,copy it to your .makemkv directory on the other machine and it'll have everything up to today. You'll need to repeat this process when new keys are released.