Star Wars: The Complete Saga - Sound Problem

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Rich Purnell

Star Wars: The Complete Saga - Sound Problem

Post by Rich Purnell »

Hello everyone,

I've been using this program for a week now and all the movies I've ripped had no issues. However, everytime I've tried to rip the Star Wars Blu-Rays, I've encountered the problem, that the English audio has a very bad quality. The background sounds are normal, but the dialogue is either very quiet and not very audible or there isn't any dialogue at all. When watching the movie on my computer or my TV, the dialogue is normal and all the other languages are also normal. I haven't found any posts related to this problem, so I hope you can help me.
Woodstock

Re: Star Wars: The Complete Saga - Sound Problem

Post by Woodstock »

It looks like your TV and computer understand the codecs used for the video, and whatever you're having an issue with isn't properly decoding the primary channels.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Rich Purnell

Post by Rich Purnell »

Update:
Yesterday, I saw a thread which said that after the compressing with Handbrake the problems went away, so I gave it a shot. After compressing the File using the CODEC: AAC with a Bitrate of 768 with 5.1, the problem no longer occured and the audio was perfectly fine. It seems, the audio is different while using the ripped Blu-Ray but the compressed file ist fine. So the compressing fixed the issue.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Because they're 6.1 and not every TV can handle that. Changing it to 5.1 makes it something almost every device can deal with.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk