Everything related to MakeMKV
SPOOK101

Bluray Drive Stopped reading Blurays and 4k blurays help needed asap thanks

Post by SPOOK101 »

Bluray Drive Stopped reading Blurays and 4k blurays help needed asap thanks
Woodstock

Re: Bluray Drive Stopped reading Blurays and 4k blurays help needed asap thanks

Post by Woodstock »

We need some help to help you... Did you recently try playing or ripping a BD with a version of AACS newer than v70? In your MakeMKV data directory, are there any files that start with MKB_v or MKB2_v and a number larger than 70?

Version 71 of AACS has been reported "in the wild", and some drives are treating is as a "revoking release", disabling MakeMKV access, pending a new version being released. If your MakeMKV data directory has a MKB file for v71 or later, please send it to svq@makemkv.com so that Mike can update support for it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Woodstock wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:35 pm
We need some help to help you... Did you recently try playing or ripping a BD with a version of AACS newer than v70? In your MakeMKV data directory, are there any files that start with MKB_v or MKB2_v and a number larger than 70?

Version 71 of AACS has been reported "in the wild", and some drives are treating is as a "revoking release", disabling MakeMKV access, pending a new version being released. If your MakeMKV data directory has a MKB file for v71 or later, please send it to svq@makemkv.com so that Mike can update support for it.
This happens relatively frequently yes? I keep getting sporatic reports of "2K" blu rays and DVDs just not ripping at all suddenly and I know I test each drive with a 4K (twice) 2K and standard DVD.

So bear with me version 71 of aacs is only found on 4k UHD blu rays or any blu ray? And would the act of reading one shut down ripping entirely on a drive?

Thank you sir.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Some AACS versions have new key revocation tables in them. If a drive loads one of them (even if you don't play it), the key revocation table in the drive is updated, and the revoked key (in this case, MakeMKV's) becomes invalid for accessing any BD content, including UHD.

LibreDrive tells compatible drives to ignore that table, so it won't affect people using LD mode. But it does affect drives those drives in non-LD mode.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Woodstock wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:06 pm
Some AACS versions have new key revocation tables in them. If a drive loads one of them (even if you don't play it), the key revocation table in the drive is updated, and the revoked key (in this case, MakeMKV's) becomes invalid for accessing any BD content, including UHD.

LibreDrive tells compatible drives to ignore that table, so it won't affect people using LD mode. But it does affect drives those drives in non-LD mode.
Thank you very much!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
SPOOK101

Post by SPOOK101 »

no idea all i know is i ripped 1 4k bluray 2 weeks ago and now it wont detect any 4k blurays or normal bluray but will only dvds in both makemkv and deuhd for 4k blurays