NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
MartyMcNuts

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by MartyMcNuts »

JuicelessMango wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:49 pm
So if I buy an LG WH16NS40 off of Amazon and then download and use this tool i'll be good to go?
Yes, providing it's a new drive with SVC NS50 on the sticker.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
JuicelessMango

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by JuicelessMango »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 pm
JuicelessMango wrote:
So if I buy an LG WH16NS40 off of Amazon and then download and use this tool i'll be good to go?
I assume there is no way of knowing this beforehand? Gonna have to order the drive off Amazon and then return it if it doesn't have this number on the sticker?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

JuicelessMango wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:34 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
JuicelessMango wrote:
I assume there is no way of knowing this beforehand? Gonna have to order the drive off Amazon and then return it if it doesn't have this number on the sticker?
If you are buying a brand new drive from a reputable seller, then it should be SVC NS50.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
JuicelessMango

Post by JuicelessMango »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:34 am
JuicelessMango wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:34 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:

If you are buying a brand new drive from a reputable seller, then it should be SVC NS50.
It was indeed SVC NS50. Thanks for all the help
Krawk

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher

Post by Krawk »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Did you use the eeprom data mover as per the old dosflash method's instructions to copy your calibration data to the attached firmware before flashing with dosflash? Geez, I hope so......
This is only needed if using the dosflash correct? The program on the OP does all that automagically within Windows, correct?
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

jerryfudd81 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:23 pm

is it only MK 3.10 that has the sleep bug fixed? I'm guessing this is what I'm experiencing with 3.01 that if I leave the disc in after a rip for an extended period the drive makes a god awful noise and pressing eject does nothing however ejecting via MakeMKV pops it out ok.
Silly question. Where does one get 3.10 firmware for ASUS? I am to understand it must be a modified firmware as 3.03 breaks UHD friendly aspect.
SamuriHL

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher

Post by SamuriHL »

Krawk wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:40 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Did you use the eeprom data mover as per the old dosflash method's instructions to copy your calibration data to the attached firmware before flashing with dosflash? Geez, I hope so......
This is only needed if using the dosflash correct? The program on the OP does all that automagically within Windows, correct?
Yes, you don't need any of that for the Windows flashers. They don't flash those parts of the firmware.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Krawk wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:59 pm
jerryfudd81 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:23 pm

is it only MK 3.10 that has the sleep bug fixed? I'm guessing this is what I'm experiencing with 3.01 that if I leave the disc in after a rip for an extended period the drive makes a god awful noise and pressing eject does nothing however ejecting via MakeMKV pops it out ok.
Silly question. Where does one get 3.10 firmware for ASUS? I am to understand it must be a modified firmware as 3.03 breaks UHD friendly aspect.
Top of the LibreDrive forum, the custom firmware pack thread.
Benji

Post by Benji »

Hi,

I've been reading through all the different threads before I attempt to downgrade the firmware in my new Asus drive. Could someone please conform if the BW-16D1HT is the same as the BW-16D1HT-Pro (Australian version). I searched everywhere, and although I can find references, I can't find if they are the same in relation to firmware etc.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Benji wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:15 am
Hi,

I've been reading through all the different threads before I attempt to downgrade the firmware in my new Asus drive. Could someone please conform if the BW-16D1HT is the same as the BW-16D1HT-Pro (Australian version). I searched everywhere, and although I can find references, I can't find if they are the same in relation to firmware etc.
Yes, it is the exact same drive. I've flashed plenty of them.
leelawmkv

Post by leelawmkv »

Hi,

I'm new in this forum

i have asus BW-16D1HT a (FW 1.01, manf date: Jun 2016) + OMG mercury Pro enclosure

I tired to use this tool but have Error " Your optical drive firmware is up to date"

anyone can help?

thanks
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

leelawmkv wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:00 am
Hi,

I'm new in this forum

i have asus BW-16D1HT a (FW 1.01, manf date: Jun 2016) + OMG mercury Pro enclosure

I tired to use this tool but have Error " Your optical drive firmware is up to date"

anyone can help?

thanks
to old 1.xx asus wot work for uhd disks don't continue to try and flash your drive it will make it unable to read all disks
see here for more details: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
leelawmkv

Post by leelawmkv »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:01 am
leelawmkv wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:00 am
Hi,

I'm new in this forum

anyone can help?

thanks
to old 1.xx asus wot work for uhd disks don't continue to try and flash your drive it will make it unable to read all disks
see here for more details: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Thanks Billy
Think I need to find another drive...
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

EDIT (24.08.2019): I have updated the Modified ASUS Flasher which will now allow:
  • The LG BP60NB10 external UHD drive to be flashed with firmware LG_BP60NB10_1.00_MK only.
  • The LG BP50NB40 external Blu-Ray drive to be flashed with firmware LG_BP50NB40-NB50_1.01_MK only. (Not UHD friendly but enables libredrive.)
I'm sure this will help a few folks out!! See original post for the links.

Cheers!