American Assassin gets error

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Bains999

American Assassin gets error

Post by Bains999 »

American Assassin cannot be 'opened' by MakeMKV. It keeps getting an error -- see attached screen shot.

This is the second disk and the issue happens on two ASUS drives -- one older and one with the most recent LibreDrive firmware.

I find it unusual that MakeMKV cannot open the files and I doubt that there is a real i.po error at the same location for two different disk media.
Any ideas??
MKV02.PNG
MKV02.PNG (91.14 KiB) Viewed 5279 times
Woodstock

Re: American Assassin gets error

Post by Woodstock »

I can only relate the anecdote of Hercules Season 5, and one track one disk that failed to rip with 5 different drives, 3 different computers, and through 2 sets of disks, AND a Netflix rental disk. All failed at the same point.

I finally was able to rip it by pulling out an old DVD drive, which managed to work its way through the problem. All 3 of the disks had a mastering defect in them. But the red laser of a DVD drive was able to rip what the blue lasers of all my BD drives couldn't even see.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Bains999

Re: American Assassin gets error

Post by Bains999 »

Thank you for taking the time to reply -- much appreciated.

My disk was a DVD. And I am essentially a newbie with little practical experience at this point.

In my case my issues involved two separate media and a new ASUS Blu-Ray disk reader and older ASUS DVD reader. Failures were identical as in your case.

It is good to hear that someone else with a good experience level and knowledge, has had a similar issue and I will chalk it up to a manufacturing defect unless it starts to appear in other content.

Thanks again