Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
mike admin

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by mike admin »

charlie62 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:04 pm
I take it the protection 2.1 on Stand By Me is the same as Fury and The Patriot which if I understand correctly cannot be decrypted yet.
This is correct. It will take at least one MakeMKV version update to decrypt these (now the grand total of 3) AACS2.1 discs.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Brilliant. Thanks, Mike!
Procat

Post by Procat »

Is this protection only on the UK version, or is it on versions released in other countries?
Thanks
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Procat wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:23 am
Is this protection only on the UK version, or is it on versions released in other countries?
AACS 2.1 discs are ridiculously expensive (or at least time-consuming) to make. So far Patriot and Fury were a a single-release "world" version. The main movie has all possible language tracks, both audio and subtitles.

p.s. And, the discs should come out in pairs to be effective. First pair was Patriot+Fury, very likely we should see another AACS 2.1 release really soon.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

So even the title keys are the same on those discs? Fascinating. And "oh joy" about the pairs...can't wait to see what movie they screw up next. LOL Thanks for the info!
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

mike admin wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:57 pm
Procat wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:23 am
AACS 2.1 discs are ridiculously expensive (or at least time-consuming) to make. So far Patriot and Fury were a a single-release "world" version. The main movie has all possible language tracks, both audio and subtitles.

p.s. And, the discs should come out in pairs to be effective. First pair was Patriot+Fury, very likely we should see another AACS 2.1 release really soon.
The only other Sony 4K UHD BD discs scheduled to be released at this time per their own official release announcements is Zombieland on October 1. Followed by 2004’s Hellboy two weeks after that. Then 2000’s Charlie’s Angels the third week of October. Appears we’ll have to wait a few weeks to see how far Sony is taking this. Yet again.

Unless another studio decides to jump into this fight as well in the meantime.
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

I would have figured Lionsgate to use 2.1, not Sony. Lionsgate in general are a-holes when it comes to this spy vs spy game. Just another title added to my titles I will not purchase.
midnighwatcher

Post by midnighwatcher »

Purchase and create a full backup of the disc to your hard drive. Once a future update of MakeMKV is able to decrypt you'll be all set. I did this with Fury.
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

Just wanted to thank mike for all his work on trying to get a.c.c.s. 2.1 discs to work.im glad im sticking to this program ive turned this disc ripping into a hobby.😎
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

just curious mike are we on version c of 2.1 ? Please refresh my memory I believe there are 3 levels of 2.1. version a version b and version c.

Im wondering how close the whole standard is to being offically broken? seems like the cat and mouse game continues. :!:
lujan

Post by lujan »

Are we able to now decrypt "Stand by Me" 4k disc? I downloaded the latest MakeMKV version and it is still not working (Failed to open disc).
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

lujan wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:18 pm
Are we able to now decrypt "Stand by Me" 4k disc? I downloaded the latest MakeMKV version and it is still not working (Failed to open disc).
No.
sleepie89

Post by sleepie89 »

yea, I had to use dvdfab and it work for fury but it took almost 24hrs. its was looooooooooooong wait. I'm battling now with the patriot I ripped about a 1hr and 30min and the rest wasn't there. so right now, I'm gonna try it again and keep you guys updated on if the patriot worked. again it will probably take another 18hrs I think for it to be done. In the end, makemkv 100% better it take 20mins to rip a 4k with makemkv for me at least but dvdfab takes a day but I guess to at least get these two movies rip I must go through with it.
Procat

Post by Procat »

sleepie89 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:58 pm
yea, I had to use dvdfab and it work for fury but it took almost 24hrs. its was looooooooooooong wait. I'm battling now with the patriot I ripped about a 1hr and 30min and the rest wasn't there. so right now, I'm gonna try it again and keep you guys updated on if the patriot worked. again it will probably take another 18hrs I think for it to be done. In the end, makemkv 100% better it take 20mins to rip a 4k with makemkv for me at least but dvdfab takes a day but I guess to at least get these two movies rip I must go through with it.
Fury took about 2 1/2 hours for me, The Patriot took about 3 hours then said completed, but only a little over two hours of the movie was there. Hope makemkv will be a better option, as this is my preferred program.
my love

Post by my love »

sleepie89 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:58 pm
I also backup my UHD disc Fury, Patriot and Stand by Me by DVDFab, it takes 30 mins only, I always backup my UHD discs without compress (BD100 in DVDFab) or MKV Passthrough in UHD Ripper.

You can try it! Good luckkk...