John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Mystic95z
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by Mystic95z » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:30 pm

gamecaptor wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:27 pm
Using Process Monitor on a RedBox disc I came back with 00965.mpls
Hmm, that doesn't match the RB disc I have as there isn't even a 00965.mpls on mine...

NeoCortex
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:30 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by NeoCortex » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Mystic95z wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:30 pm
gamecaptor wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:27 pm
Using Process Monitor on a RedBox disc I came back with 00965.mpls
Hmm, that doesn't match the RB disc I have as there isn't even a 00965.mpls on mine...
Same here. No 00965.mpls on my RB disc either.

debof14
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by debof14 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 pm

Yep thats the encryption working against you ...make sure you are on latest java install and make mkv version ... I see 965.mpls

blckz28
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by blckz28 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:03 pm

I just updated to 1.14.5 this morning and did the Java update suggest by debof14 but my mpls still jumps from 00964 to 00967 on a RB disk. I did try the Process Monitor filter and it showed to be using 00005 but this is the first time I tried finding mpls and don't entirely trust my findings.

FredT
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by FredT » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:04 pm

debof14 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 pm
Yep thats the encryption working against you ...make sure you are on latest java install and make mkv version ... I see 965.mpls
I checked and have latest version of MakeMKV and Java. Still see 00964 and no 00965. Running on a Mac. Anything else to try?

dwgallone
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:56 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by dwgallone » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Same thing here latest java and mkv I dont have 965 either

debof14
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by debof14 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:23 pm

towards the bottom of the list... click on the descriptions and on the right-hand side you will see the source file name. is about the 14th from the bottom. Still assuming that the correct one.

jeflatt
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by jeflatt » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:29 pm

The process monitor worked! Here is the correct mpls for the Best Buy Blu Ray/DVD/Digital combo...

Title information
Name: John Wick 3: Parabellum (English)
Source file name: 00957.mpls
Duration: 2:10:45
Chapters count: 16
Size: 32.0 GB
Segment count: 19
Segment map: 518,512,514,510,515,506,520,511,516,505,501,504,502,519,507,508,509,503,517
File name: John Wick 3- Parabellum_t369.mkv

FredT
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by FredT » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:42 pm

debof14 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:23 pm
towards the bottom of the list... click on the descriptions and on the right-hand side you will see the source file name. is about the 14th from the bottom. Still assuming that the correct one.
Yes, 14th from the bottom:
Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 12.38.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 12.38.47 PM.png (71.75 KiB) Viewed 6235 times

Mystic95z
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by Mystic95z » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:27 pm

debof14 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 pm
Yep thats the encryption working against you ...make sure you are on latest java install and make mkv version ... I see 965.mpls
Seriously doubt that. From process monitor the segment map from the disc I have is 510,511,502,505,512,501,519,516,508,514,507,515,518,503,509,504,520,517,506 and matches up to 00429.mpls. Gotta wonder if they are now sending out RB discs with different obfuscation. But btw I do have latest versions of both....
Last edited by Mystic95z on Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unibrowser
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by Unibrowser » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:31 pm

I bought the 4k/1080p retail version today. I'm not sure if the titles that are (main feature) are correct. I seem to have very different playlists than other people. I'm most cases in the past the Main Feature listed one is correct. Can anyone confirm this?

http://imgur.com/gallery/mgNTLCo

Mystic95z
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by Mystic95z » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Unibrowser wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:31 pm
I bought the 4k/1080p retail version today. I'm not sure if the titles that are (main feature) are correct. I seem to have very different playlists than other people. I'm most cases in the past the Main Feature listed one is correct. Can anyone confirm this?

http://imgur.com/gallery/mgNTLCo
Betting the main feature listed is NOT correct, have never seen one that is on one of these screen pass discs.

Sterling74
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:08 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by Sterling74 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:42 pm

Mystic95z wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:27 pm
debof14 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 pm
Yep thats the encryption working against you ...make sure you are on latest java install and make mkv version ... I see 965.mpls
Seriously doubt that. From process monitor the segment map from the disc I have is 510,511,502,505,512,501,519,516,508,514,507,515,518,503,509,504,520,517,506 and matches up to 00429.mpls. Gotta wonder if they are now sending out RB discs with different obfuscation. But btw I do have latest versions of both....
Mystic95z - I agree with you too. I just finished scanning a RB disc to compare against the one I bought from Best Buy. The RB Blu-Ray disc is using 00429.mpls according to Proc Mon and that lines up with the order you have as well (510,511,502,505,512,501,519,516,508...). The RB disc did NOT have a playlist number 00965.

So, as of now, I think 00429 is the correct one for the disc I have.

Unibrowser
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by Unibrowser » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:51 pm

Mystic95z wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:37 pm
Unibrowser wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:31 pm
I bought the 4k/1080p retail version today. I'm not sure if the titles that are (main feature) are correct. I seem to have very different playlists than other people. I'm most cases in the past the Main Feature listed one is correct. Can anyone confirm this?

http://imgur.com/gallery/mgNTLCo
Betting the main feature listed is NOT correct, have never seen one that is on one of these screen pass discs.
Hmmm. Well how do I go about figuring out which is correct? There is the one titled main feature and then like 200 other titles. So far the 300 movies I have ripped have been straightforward including the 4k movies. Although a few of the Disney disks have tried to throw me for a loop. Sorry I'm still a Makemkv noob. I updated to the latest version of Makemkv today, and Java is up to date as well.

FredT
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Post by FredT » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:51 pm

Sterling74 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:42 pm
Mystic95z - I agree with you too. I just finished scanning a RB disc to compare against the one I bought from Best Buy. The RB Blu-Ray disc is using 00429.mpls according to Proc Mon and that lines up with the order you have as well (510,511,502,505,512,501,519,516,508...). The RB disc did NOT have a playlist number 00965.

So, as of now, I think 00429 is the correct one for the disc I have.
Thanks for that. The disk I have also has 00429, so I guess I'll go with that.

Post Reply