Anyone Able to Rip Ghostbusters II? (from the 35th anniversary steel book set)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
JohnnyPhantom

Anyone Able to Rip Ghostbusters II? (from the 35th anniversary steel book set)

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

I got the new 35th anniversary set of Ghostbusters 1 + 2 with the blu ray and 4K versions. It has 5 discs (Three bluray/1080 and Two 4K discs) of all the discs, I just cant seem to rip the Ghostbusters II movie files from the Ghostbusters II Bluray/1080 disc. I scanned it and see 21 titles, 3 of which are the movie it self, the other 18 are extra things. the 3 movie files I cannot rip. I've tried turning off all subtitles, all audio, copying the blu ray files to my drive and ripping with MKV, and tried 5 different bluray drives (4 internal 1 USB) and 3 different computers (2 Windows, 1 Mac) and no luck. the discs are brand new, and I can't exchange the discs just yet, as Best Buy (where I got this set) is sold out within 250miles of me. Curious before I go hunting for a replacement set of discs, has anyone been able to rip this?

ripping off the drive backup I get this error "The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 590469120, attempting to work around"

ripping off the disc i get this "Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:ID CRC OR ECC ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' at offset '590671872'"

Thanks!
~John
paddypadawan

Re: Anyone Able to Rip Ghostbusters II? (from the 35th anniversary steel book set)

Post by paddypadawan »

Hey,

I'm also having this exact same issue with the 35th Anniversary pack - was bought for me as a present so I can't return it as they do not have the receipt.

Has anyone else having this issue, is there a fix?

-Paddy
JohnnyPhantom

Re: Anyone Able to Rip Ghostbusters II? (from the 35th anniversary steel book set)

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

I returned mine and got another new set, same issue
JohnnyPhantom

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

Got the latest version of MakeMKV 1.14.5, same error either while trying to rip the bluray directly or a backup off the hard drive

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 590469120, attempting to work around
The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 590469120, attempting to work around

bummer
oddeyeball

Post by oddeyeball »

Mine ripped fine, think you might have had bad luck with a bad batch. I ran into this before with Community complete series TV show on Blu-ray and it was the 3rd copy that finally work for me.
JohnnyPhantom

Post by JohnnyPhantom »

just to confirm, you're talking about this release...

and the 4K disc of part 2?

I hope its not a case of bad batches, the set's getting harder and harder to find

Thanks!
~John
oddeyeball

Post by oddeyeball »

JohnnyPhantom wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:09 pm
just to confirm, you're talking about this release...

and the 4K disc of part 2?

I hope its not a case of bad batches, the set's getting harder and harder to find

Thanks!
~John
Oh, this ones is different from the one I have. I was thinking it was the Bestbuy pop art ones. I didn't even know they made this one.