Fatal Error - BD+

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Lovely Rita

Fatal Error - BD+

Post by Lovely Rita »

Due to a drive error, I'm in the process of rebuilding some of my library.
Discs in question, Avatar and Showtime series Homeland (all BD+ protected) were previously processed years ago. Now, receiving "fatal errors" during the "processing BD+ code" process. :?

Thought I would throw this out to the collective.....
I've reached out to support@makemkv.com twice in the past 6 weeks, unfortunately with no reply.
Last edited by Lovely Rita on Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
Billycar11

Re: Fatal Error - BD+

Post by Billycar11 »

Lovely Rita wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:34 pm
Due to a drive error, I'm in the process of rebuilding some of my library.
Discs in question, Avatar and Showtime series Homeland (all BD+ protected) were previously processed years ago. Now, receiving "fatal errors" during the "processing BD+ code" process. :?

Thought I would throw this out to the collective.....
I've reached out to support@makemkv.com twice in the past 6 weeks, unfortunately with no reply.
try with java installed
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:25 am
try with java installed
I've had Java installed ever since Mike came out with his Java RE addition. 2+ years?
Verified, after your suggestion, with my John Wick 3 disc.
Using Java runtime from /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
Buy MakeMKV
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Lovely Rita wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:20 am

I've had Java installed ever since Mike came out with his Java RE addition. 2+ years?
Verified, after your suggestion, with my John Wick 3 disc.
Using Java runtime from /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
so it now works once you pointed makemkv at java?
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:44 am

so it now works once you pointed makemkv at java?
No, my point was that it’s always been pointed at Java.
After your initial post all I did was pop in Wick, which I knew would utilize java and it did. I did not go into preferences and repoint.

The BD+ discs still give fatal errors.

***This occurs on both my Mac (High Sierra) and Windows 7 boxes.
Buy MakeMKV
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

BD+ should not need Java; just the playlist obfuscation needs it. The BD+ "engine" is built into MakeMKV.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

I'll wait to hear back from the BD+ guru...
Since it's occurring on both of my machines, I suspect the software.
I can see no other recent mentions of it from others but it seems most of the attention these days is related to UHD. :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
Geurtswebdesign

Post by Geurtswebdesign »

i have the same problems, sometimes it also stops in the middle of the process and only counts up the time but doesn't do anything else.
i think it's in the software because a couple of version before this i didn't have that problem.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Yes, I agree that it’s something to do with this version.

I can see where I added Independence Day (BD+ disc) to my server last November so something has happened between then and present day.
Buy MakeMKV
BlueMac77

Post by BlueMac77 »

Lovely Rita wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:33 am
Yes, I agree that it’s something to do with this version.

I can see where I added Independence Day (BD+ disc) to my server last November so something has happened between then and present day.
Hi Lovely Rita. Not sure if this will work, please try to reset your Mac’s “PRAM” if you have not done this yet. Luckily on my Mac, I did not get any “Fatal Error Program will now exit” error. I’m using MakeMKV 1.14.5 on Sierra. I have a Pioneer BDR-207DBK drive.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

BlueMac77 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:31 pm
Hi Lovely Rita. Not sure if this will work, please try to reset your Mac’s “PRAM” if you have not done this yet. Luckily on my Mac, I did not get any “Fatal Error Program will now exit” error. I’m using MakeMKV 1.14.5 on Sierra. I have a Pioneer BDR-207DBK drive.
It’s not a Mac issue as the same thing happens on my PC.

Thanks!!
Buy MakeMKV
sheik124

Post by sheik124 »

Hey Rita, I just ran into this issue for the first time with my first BD+ discs today. I kept getting the same exact error as you.

I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV and then right clicked "makemkv.exe" and "Run as Administrator" - the error went away and it was able to finish processing the BD+ code. Have you tried that yet?
gamereviewgod

Post by gamereviewgod »

Just tried running as admin and it's still giving me the error. I was able to rip Scarface's 4K, but not It's a Wonderful Life or Wizard of Oz.
digimars

Post by digimars »

I'm having the same exact problem today on my disc for "The Omen". I'm on Debian 10, and running the latest MakeMKV (compiled per instructions). This is the only disc that I have ever received this error on. I have ripped multiple titles the last couple of days, this is the first time I'm seeing it.

Just for grins and giggles, I ran MakeMKV again using sudo (which you should really NEVER do), and it worked just fine on this disc. There is something about the BD+ access permissions on this build I guess?
nitro322

Post by nitro322 »

I also have the same problem, with John Wick 3. Running 1.14.7 on Linux with OpenJDK 1.8.0_222 installed. Tried running via sudo as digimars suggested, but still encountered the same error.

Edit: Installing 11.0.5 seemed to do the trick. Weird that a newer version of Java is required for John Wick 3 - it's not likely that the vast majority of blu-ray players out there are still actively receiving firwmare updates containing new versions of Java.