NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Bobvader

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by Bobvader »

st4evr wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:52 pm
Bobvader wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:36 pm
And now guy at blue cloner say to me I must use my asus drive because my lg have certificate revoked ???

What is that? And I can fix that or my drive is dead?

Thanks
Ok first and foremost this is the MakeMKV Support Forum. It’s literally what this forum is called. Use a bit of your common sense there. Not the Blue Cloner support forum. You’ve been asking Blue Cloner related support questions here since you joined.

Two, you have to discuss this with their support as to how their application handles certificates for drives and how they add support for AACS host certificates. Not at the MakeMKV support forum. These are two completely different softwares and completely unrelated development teams/entities. Again, common sense.

Here Mike (owner/developer of MakeMKV) has his way of updating MakeMKV for support as versions come out. You need to discuss with Blue Cloner support how they provide their customers (you) with support for this separately. And what drives they specifically support and why. It's their software and their decision as to what to support and why.

Ok sorry

I'm new with UHD friendly drive and all around that

sorry again

thanks
davie

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by davie »

Hi, I just Got the Asus BW16D1HT with firmware in an extrenal usb enclosure but flahsing keeps failing with the standard asus updater, so I tried downloading the modified asus software from the links in post 1 of this thread but they wont download, any mirrors, I really need to flash it.

Ok, I downloaded it with edge and it worked :)), Thanks!!!
DVD Maniac

Post by DVD Maniac »

Hi all,
I have used Marty's great tool on older build BW-161HT's fine. I have recently got one with this pesky 3.10 and I get "Updating Error #5". There are many threads out there and YouTube vids but I don't want yet another bricked drive! Can one of the experts here point me to the right thread / download. Its the European model.

Many Thanks.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

DVD Maniac wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:11 pm
Hi all,
I have used Marty's great tool on older build BW-161HT's fine. I have recently got one with this pesky 3.10 and I get "Updating Error #5". There are many threads out there and YouTube vids but I don't want yet another bricked drive! Can one of the experts here point me to the right thread / download. Its the European model.

Many Thanks.
Yep, flash bw-16d1ht 3.10_mk from the MK firmware pack to the drive first, then you are able to flash other firmware if you want to.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
jerb2k

Post by jerb2k »

Hi Everyone, I bought the following drive in hopes to be able to burn UHD discs and using the link above I get an error message saying "Write DRAM NG 05/26/03". Can anyone please help? I'm completely new to all this but I am determined to make it work with a little help from all of you! Thanks, and I really appreciate any guidance.

Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH14NS40
Revision: 1.04
Serial number: M63J4AF1930
Firmware date: 2119-01-04 13:51
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 68

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Start by reading the sticky at the top of this sub-forum:

Ultimate UHD Drives Guide Updated 2019

IF you still have questions/need clarification/run into trouble, let us know.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

jerb2k wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:01 pm
Hi Everyone, I bought the following drive in hopes to be able to burn UHD discs and using the link above I get an error message saying "Write DRAM NG 05/26/03". Can anyone please help? I'm completely new to all this but I am determined to make it work with a little help from all of you! Thanks, and I really appreciate any guidance.

Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH14NS40
Revision: 1.04
Serial number: M63J4AF1930
Firmware date: 2119-01-04 13:51
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 68

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Flash BH16NS55 1.04 MK first. Then whatever firmware you want to use.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Rew452

Post by Rew452 »

Hi
I have a BH16NS60 which I flashed to Revision: 1.00 back i n Feb., so now makemkv has the LibreDrive enabled which work very well but recently discovered Anydvd can't use the drive since it's not UHD Friendly.

So now if I flash using this flasher and using the 1.01 in the MK directory for this drive I should be good to go with makemkv and anydvd, right?

Just want to be sure before I do it.

Thanks
Rew
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

No. NS60 will not work with AnyDVD. If - then flash it to NS55 1.02. All higher versions of NS55 will also not work with AnyDVD.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Rew452 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:55 pm
Hi
I have a BH16NS60 which I flashed to Revision: 1.00 back i n Feb., so now makemkv has the LibreDrive enabled which work very well but recently discovered Anydvd can't use the drive since it's not UHD Friendly.

So now if I flash using this flasher and using the 1.01 in the MK directory for this drive I should be good to go with makemkv and anydvd, right?

Just want to be sure before I do it.

Thanks
Rew
That drive is an official UHD BD drive. No firmware in the world that is directly designed for that drive will add AnyDVD support. AnyDVD does not support UHD Official Drives and their firmware. Why? You can ask them at their own support forum as this is the MakeMKV support forum with no relation to that software.

Unless you cross-flash to a supported UHD Friendly firmware (e.g to BW-16D1HT) which some have done. Cross-flashing comes with risks and will potentially disable some native features for that drive. Cross-flash at your own risk or pay an experience member to advise and do it for you:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Rew452

Post by Rew452 »

OK,
I've used both programs over the years but have favored makemkv to make my mkv's and use Backup to make decrypted backups. But recently wanted to make uhd iso of a disc. This is why I went to use anydvd which didn't work, saying it needs to be a Uhd Friendly Drive. That is how I got here asking the questions since title says UHD Friendly firmware. I've owned both programs for years. So please don't jump me for that.

1. So given what has been said here nothing to be gained by flashing to this version over the original 1.00, is that right?

2. Also is there a good program to make a iso of a uhd disc?

Thanks
Rew
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Rew452 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:34 pm
OK,
I've used both programs over the years but have favored makemkv to make my mkv's and use Backup to make decrypted backups. But recently wanted to make uhd iso of a disc. This is why I went to use anydvd which didn't work, saying it needs to be a Uhd Friendly Drive. That is how I got here asking the questions since title says UHD Friendly firmware. I've owned both programs for years. So please don't jump me for that.

1. So given what has been said here nothing to be gained by flashing to this version over the original 1.00, is that right?

2. Also is there a good program to make a iso of a uhd disc?

Thanks
Rew
Yep, correct. I'd leave that drive as is (on 1.00). If you want to make an iso, there are 2 options for you:

1. Use MakeMKV to backup to folder, then use ImgBurn to create iso from the folder you just created with MakeMKV.
2. Buy a different, "UHD friendly" drive to use with AnyDVD.

Cheers
franz

Post by franz »

Hello. I'm in trouble:
I bought an asus bc-12d2ht with firmware 3.11. my aim was to downgrade it to 3.00. doing it directly resulted in error # 4. so I read that you had to first downgrade it to 3.10 MK. BUT I was wrong flashing the firmware for bw-16d1ht instead of bc-12d2ht. now I can't flash any firmware for bc-12d2ht but I can flash any firmware for 16d1ht. how can i go about solving?
please help me
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

franz wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:17 pm
now I can't flash any firmware for bc-12d2ht but I can flash any firmware for 16d1ht.
Why? what kind of error do you get?