Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by SamuriHL »

I plan on doing some testing this weekend. However, the Plex beta still isn't pushed to my SHIELD. Beyond that there are a handful of bugs that nVidia is working on fixing, as well. I think the early stages here are going to be problematic but hopefully things improve.
astephon88

Post by astephon88 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:45 pm
I plan on doing some testing this weekend. However, the Plex beta still isn't pushed to my SHIELD. Beyond that there are a handful of bugs that nVidia is working on fixing, as well. I think the early stages here are going to be problematic but hopefully things improve.
Would you be willing to side load the beta? The apk is available in the release announcement on the Plex forums
sajtipajti

Post by sajtipajti »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:22 pm
as I said here: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 690#p80363
it's not just about triggering DV.
i beg to remark, that LG OLED tv's and x700 are certified by Dolby Labs, madVR and Mediainfo are not.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

Hello friends!
Who wants some TrueHD/ATMOS inside an mp4? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't have an AVR available right now so I don't know if ATMOS metadata has been preserved.
By simulating an audio output on Windows I can state that the TrueHD stream has been correctly integrated into the mp4 container.

If someone wants to do some tests, I attach a sample file (HERE).
To play the file and allow the Bitstream passthrough you have to use the LAV Filters (I used the version 0.74.1-29 Nightly) and MPC-BE (v 1.5.3).
Follow the tutorial you find HERE.

For those who ask: "Why does mediainfo show only two channels?"

Greetings to all and see you soon.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

yusesope wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:48 pm
Hello friends!

I don't have an AVR available right now so I don't know if ATMOS metadata has been preserved.
By simulating an audio output on Windows I can state that the TrueHD stream has been correctly integrated into the mp4 container.

To play the file and allow the Bitstream passthrough you have to use the LAV Filters (I used the version 0.74.1-29 Nightly) and MPC-BE (v 1.5.3).

did you use the latest ffmpeg to create the mp4 from atmos?
Because I also tried that(i try every time there is a new version) and it wouldn't bitstream atmos to my AVR but it played correctly in mpc(showing 7.1channels) when lavfilter bitstream is unchecked.
and unlike an mp4/DTS-X, my Oled tv was unable to play the audio.

I'm still going to try your sample. thanks!
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:14 pm
did you use the latest ffmpeg to create the mp4 from atmos?
Yep!
RESET_9999 wrote:
Because I also tried that(i try every time there is a new version) and it wouldn't bitstream atmos to my AVR but it played correctly in mpc(showing 7.1channels) when lavfilter bitstream is unchecked.
and unlike an mp4/DTS-X, my Oled tv was unable to play the audio.
The important thing is that the LAV Audio Decoder is able to process the TrueHD stream.

As you say, mpc recognizes the stream: this is potentially a fantastic news for those who own or who will buy the new Shield TV.
The PLEX Client is in fact based on the ExoPlayer library which can be associated with FFmpeg (compiled for Android).
RESET_9999 wrote:
I'm still going to try your sample. thanks!
Let me Know.
lifeolife

Post by lifeolife »

Guys,
I have used the below command to merge/rip the video tracks from 4K Disk m2ts file. But after ripping I found there are still two tracks are there. Any help?
In my LG 49UH75 TV, other DV demo files are playing correctly. When I try to play this kind of file then entire screen is greenish.
Command (I did not include audio track intentionally) - "G:\test\dlb_mp4base-master\bin\mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 7 --input-file G:\test\00234.track_4113.hevc --input-file G:\tesyyy\00234.track_4117.hevc --output-file H:\dv_video.mp4"

Thanks...
Attachments
dv.JPG
dv.JPG (34.93 KiB) Viewed 22187 times
20191102_090733_01.jpeg
20191102_090733_01.jpeg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 22187 times
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

lifeolife wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:55 am
Guys,
I have used the below command to merge/rip the video tracks from 4K Disk m2ts file. But after ripping I found there are still two tracks are there. Any help?
In my LG 49UH75 TV, other DV demo files are playing correctly. When I try to play this kind of file then entire screen is greenish.
Command (I did not include audio track intentionally) - "G:\test\dlb_mp4base-master\bin\mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 7 --input-file G:\test\00234.track_4113.hevc --input-file G:\tesyyy\00234.track_4117.hevc --output-file H:\dv_video.mp4"

Thanks...
sounds like the same issue the LG C6 has with certain movies (4000nits P3 movies i think).
superfans124

Post by superfans124 »

yusesope wrote:
Hello friends!
yusescope at work once again! appreciate all your trailblazing works and future developments.
powdeau

Post by powdeau »

yusesope wrote:
Hello friends!

I have tried your sample on X700 and unfortunately the audio does not work :/
FusionNeo

Post by FusionNeo »

I have the new Shield 2019 Pro, I will test it when I’m home. If this works you have no idea how happy I’ll be!
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

powdeau wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:19 pm
I have tried your sample on X700 and unfortunately the audio does not work :/
I repeat myself:
the only way to play the file is to use a PC with MPC + LAV Filters.
To test everything:
PC --> HDMI --> AVR.
The file cannot work on any other device (TV, BD Player, Console, etc.)

At the moment I don't have an AVR available and therefore I can't say that the metadata has been stored correctly.

If the file works, then all that remains is to implement FFmpeg on a device capable of reproducing
Dolby Vision movies (ex: Shield TV 2019)
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

yusesope wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:42 pm

Let me Know.
it works, AVR show atmos with my htpc.

Oled cant play the file at all. no video/audio

I tried again with a movie and it works with the htpc. i wonder why it didnt work when i tried a couple days ago(didnt update any software since then)
this one plays on the oled without audio (say unsupported)

FusionNeo

Post by FusionNeo »

Yusesope, you are the man!

Just tried the new Plex beta out on my Shield 2019 with your Dolby Vision DTS-X and DTS-HD MA and both files played back in Dolby Vision with DTS-X and DTS-HD MA audio.

The new file you just posted has proper ATMOS support too when played back on a HTPC using your tutorial. Confirmed I am getting ATMOS audio and I was able to hear sound come out of my ATMOS speakers.

That same file will NOT play back on my NVIDIA Shield vía Plex, it says my server has been disconnected, but when looking at playback info it says the audio is attempting to transcode due to the audio codec not being in a compatible container. I’m kind of a noob, so what’s left to get this file playing back properly on the SHIELD? Does Android need to support it? Do the PLEX devs need to add support?

Once this file plays back on the SHIELD, then I would assume it would be trivial to use a Dolby Vision video track in place of the video track you used in that file for full TRUEHD + Dolby Vision support, is that correct?

Thanks again for all of your hard work. Amazing stuff.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:58 pm
it works, AVR show atmos with my htpc.
FusionNeo wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:16 am
The new file you just posted has proper ATMOS support too when played back on a HTPC using your tutorial. Confirmed I am getting ATMOS audio and I was able to hear sound come out of my ATMOS speakers.
Thank you both for your feedback.
RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:58 pm
I tried again with a movie and it works with the htpc. i wonder why it didnt work when i tried a couple days ago(didnt update any software since then)
it's magic!
FusionNeo wrote:
Yusesope, you are the man!
Thanks but the credit also goes to the user likeadoc (look HERE).
FusionNeo wrote:
Just tried the new Plex beta out on my Shield 2019 with your Dolby Vision DTS-X and DTS-HD MA and both files played back in Dolby Vision with DTS-X and DTS-HD MA audio.
I assume, the Single Layer files. Excellent news anyway!
FusionNeo wrote:
That same file will NOT play back on my NVIDIA Shield vía Plex...Do the PLEX devs need to add support?
Correct . We must inform the developers (Plex, MrMC, etc.) about the existence of this possibility and they will implement the correct decoding (as did the developers of LAV Filters).
FusionNeo wrote:
Once this file plays back on the SHIELD, then I would assume it would be trivial to use a Dolby Vision video track in place of the video track you used in that file for full TRUEHD + Dolby Vision support, is that correct?
Correct again. I've just updated my "HOW TO".