asus bw-16d1ht SUCCESS because of you lot.

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
g00se

asus bw-16d1ht SUCCESS because of you lot.

Post by g00se »

Hello all,

Thank you for the tools and knowledge you all provide on this forum.

In the last few days I've learnt how to use MakeMKV, how to flash the firmware on compatible Blu-Ray drives and already having success with using MakeMKV.

Based on the advise of this forum, I ordered an Asus BW-16D1HT off Amazon (less than 48 hours before this post) it arrived on the day of writing this post and was lucky enough to receive a unit that was manufactured June 2019, with firmware 3.10 on it.

Within ten minutes of unpacking the device I already had 3.10MK flashed onto it and went to purchase my first ever Blu-Ray.

With your custom firmware not only have I been able to convert a blu-ray into an MKV, I've also been able to get VLC player to play Blu-Ray disks even with the flashed firmware on the drive, the MKV was even better though as VLC offered me the option to use more DOLBY sound options when playing the movie as an MKV instead of straight from the Blu-Ray.

I would like to thank the community for making it so effortless and easy to get this kind of stuff working.

Next challenge is to try a UHD Blu-Ray, although I don't suspect this will be a problem, then to build a linux box that can automatically create MKV's just by putting a disk in the tray.

Thank you everyone :-)
Doogles

Re: asus bw-16d1ht SUCCESS because of you lot.

Post by Doogles »

Did exactly the same a gOOse
So same again here Thankyou very much guys couldnt have done it with out everyones knowlage on this forum :-)
VarHD

Re: asus bw-16d1ht SUCCESS because of you lot.

Post by VarHD »

I'm glad all the info here helped you, enjoy the world of high quality media stripped of all the ads and FBI threats ;)
g00se wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:31 pm
Next challenge is to try a UHD Blu-Ray, although I don't suspect this will be a problem
Well... I don't want to sound negative so I'll just say this - I hope all your 3-layered discs will be readable :)