Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Grencola

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Grencola »

technoobmaster wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:45 pm
how did you install it
just use amazon stick's search section for an app called 'Downloader', install and open it. put in the url for yusesope's .apk and download / install it. simple :)
Last edited by Grencola on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
technoobmaster

Post by technoobmaster »

lol yeah I had uploaded the unzipped version by accident opps
technoobmaster

Post by technoobmaster »

I am stuck at insert dolby vision file. I inserted the file and it didnt say anything after. I also hit play on the the app
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

technoobmaster wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:24 pm
I am stuck at insert dolby vision file. I inserted the file and it didnt say anything after. I also hit play on the the app
go on your pc and run the server, drag and drop your mp4 into the window, then on the Amazon stick open YusesoPlayer and hit play or whatev
technoobmaster

Post by technoobmaster »

ok so I got congrats message on the command line but when I click play on my device it says playback failed
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

technoobmaster wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:12 am
ok so I got congrats message on the command line but when I click play on my device it says playback failed
what type of file are you trying to play?
technoobmaster

Post by technoobmaster »

I’ve tried several single layer Dolby vision files. I don’t think the sever is working even tho it says “congrats”
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

baker99 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:42 pm
@yusesope the new player seems to be working but the audio is about 200ms out of sync, with my setup for regular content on the shield it's only about 75ms, it's the same on 2 films so it looks like it may just need an offset. I'm working it out by eye which isn't perfect.

I wonder if anyone else is getting this too?
Strange. My files are all in sync. Perhaps both the Shield and the AVR introduce a hardware delay.
I inserted in the code the possibility to increase ("plus" button) or reduce ("minus" button) the delay of the video towards the audio. You can view the delay value in the DEBUG window. Each time you click on the two buttons you increase/decrease the video delay by 50ms.

HERE you can find the new version (rev November 26th, 2019) ONLY for NVIDIA SHIELD TV 2019.
If you notice that these 200ms are constant in all your movies, I can introduce the possibility of setting a fixed video delay value in the future.

Grencola wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:47 am
Plays on my Fire TV Stick 4k now in 2160p Dolby Vision with sound, but the framerate is stuck at 60fps. Exact same as just using MX Player :?
I'm aware of it. :wink:
As I said to you the other time, first it was necessary that at least the DV track and the ATOMS track (in your case PCM) were rendered correctly.

I have neither the new Shield nor the Fire TV Stick 4K available: what you ask me is quite complicated to implement
without even a device in hand (to be honest, I wouldn't even know where to start :mrgreen: ). If you are willing to test my future failures over and over again and if you are willing to provide me with your device logs, then I can make an attempt. :D

Who uses the Schield has problems with the "frame matching" function? Is the Shield so smart to do everything by itself (although no algorithm is implemented in my app) or do you like watching the Soap opera? :shock:

technoobmaster wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:09 am
I’ve tried several single layer Dolby vision files. I don’t think the sever is working even tho it says “congrats”
Start reading from page 52
technoobmaster

Post by technoobmaster »

yusesope wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:00 pm
baker99 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:42 pm
@yusesope the new player seems to be working but the audio is about 200ms out of sync, with my setup for regular content on the shield it's only about 75ms, it's the same on 2 films so it looks like it may just need an offset. I'm working it out by eye which isn't perfect.

I wonder if anyone else is getting this too?
Strange. My files are all in sync. Perhaps both the Shield and the AVR introduce a hardware delay.
I inserted in the code the possibility to increase ("plus" button) or reduce ("minus" button) the delay of the video towards the audio. You can view the delay value in the DEBUG window. Each time you click on the two buttons you increase/decrease the video delay by 50ms.

HERE you can find the new version (rev November 26th, 2019) ONLY for NVIDIA SHIELD TV 2019.
If you notice that these 200ms are constant in all your movies, I can introduce the possibility of setting a fixed video delay value in the future.

Grencola wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:47 am
Plays on my Fire TV Stick 4k now in 2160p Dolby Vision with sound, but the framerate is stuck at 60fps. Exact same as just using MX Player :?
I'm aware of it. :wink:
As I said to you the other time, first it was necessary that at least the DV track and the ATOMS track (in your case PCM) were rendered correctly.

I have neither the new Shield nor the Fire TV Stick 4K available: what you ask me is quite complicated to implement
without even a device in hand (to be honest, I wouldn't even know where to start :mrgreen: ). If you are willing to test my future failures over and over again and if you are willing to provide me with your device logs, then I can make an attempt. :D

Who uses the Schield has problems with the "frame matching" function? Is the Shield so smart to do everything by itself (although no algorithm is implemented in my app) or do you like watching the Soap opera? :shock:

technoobmaster wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:09 am
Start reading from page 52
I am bad at using terminal tried everything. Made my ip static and that didnt fix it. Tried running in linux and it keeps telling me to insert dolby vision file in terminal even after I already inserted in multiple times. If I click the .exe for streaming player it lets me insert the vision and atmos and get congrats message but I get playback error on my firestick. Maybe I should just wait for gui lol
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

technoobmaster wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:52 pm
I am bad at using terminal tried everything. Made my ip static and that didnt fix it. Tried running in linux and it keeps telling me to insert dolby vision file in terminal even after I already inserted in multiple times. If I click the .exe for streaming player it lets me insert the vision and atmos and get congrats message but I get playback error on my firestick. Maybe I should just wait for gui lol
  • The first time you started the server, did you give it permission to pass the firewall?
    example image
  • Are the server and the fire stick connected to the same network?
  • What is the IP address of the fire stick?
    (HERE tells you how to recover it)
bleze

Post by bleze »

Is DVDFab UHD Ripper enough for ripping UHD Blurays with dual layer Dolby Vision into single layer? Or should one go for the Black Friday bundle?
technoobmaster

Post by technoobmaster »

yusesope wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:25 pm
technoobmaster wrote:
  • The first time you started the server, did you give it permission to pass the firewall?
    example image
Should that have popped up when I fist clicked the exe in your folder cause it did not. Anyways just turned it off. Still playback failed. Whats the difference between running the streaming_server.exe vs the steaming_server.py. I can't get past the dolby vision insert running the python script
technoobmaster

Post by technoobmaster »

technoobmaster wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:48 pm
yusesope wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:25 pm
technoobmaster wrote:
    example image
Should that have popped up when I fist clicked the exe in your folder cause it did not. Anyways just turned it off. Still playback failed. Whats the difference between running the streaming_server.exe vs the steaming_server.py. I can't get past the dolby vision insert running the python script
Actually fixed it had my ip settings off so now audio works and dolby vision shows up but black screen so almost there now gotta figure out why the video will not show

Also. why does ffmpeg keep giving me atmos.mp4 in mlpa format? what is wrong with my command? no sounds plays in this format. ffmpeg -i "E:\Dolby VIsion Blueray Rip\a quiet place\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts" -map 0:1 -c:a copy -strict -2 "C:\Users\Theodore\Desktop\atmos.mp4" 0:1 is the truehd atmos
hydrad

Post by hydrad »

Anybody here could explain the differences in the output produced by Dual Layer (profile 7) and Single Layer (profile 5) Dolby Vision?

I've tried to find technical details about it and couldn't find.

The thing is:

If I take a disc and remux it in Dual layer & single layer, would they look exactly the same? Or does the Dual Layer have better quality?

I've noticed that single layer .mp4s result in smaller size than dual layer ones, so I wonder where those extra GB are going.
kws53

Post by kws53 »

I create for PLEX and use AnyDVD/eac3to for demuxing. Here is the process as I understand it:

1) Take the the dual layer BL and EL files from eac3to (.h265) and use the Dolby MP4MUXER (mode 7) to create a new MP4 container with a NEW EL (BL seems to remain the same...). WHERE IS THE METADATA stream?
2) Take the hiDef audio (DTSMA, Atmos, etc) and mux into MKA, then use ffmpeg to create MP4
3) Take MP4 from MP4MUXER, the audio MP4 from ffmpeg and the SRT SUB from eac3to, and use MP4BOX to create final MP4 container for play on PLEX.

This creates a dual layer MP4 container - will PLEX have any problems streaming? And will a Dolby Vision/Atmos ONKYO/DENON (for example) carry this through to the Dolby Vison enabled LP OLED (for example).

I plan on picking up the requisite ONKYO AVR and LP OLED TV, but would like to start muxing my library of 4K DV disks (~15) for streaming through PLEX.