Batman 4k 1989 correct playlist?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Unibrowser

Batman 4k 1989 correct playlist?

Post by Unibrowser »

Shows 801 and 800 playlists. Not sure which is correct. (Retail box set version)
This is the way
Woodstock

Re: Batman 4k 1989 correct playlist?

Post by Woodstock »

Probably 00800 if you want English. You'll find that the titles and credits are in different languages between the two.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jayper

Post by jayper »

My workflow is as follows with UHD discs and it has been super helpful to determine the correct playlist in situations like this:

- Do a full decrypted folder back-up of the disc
- Open the folder back up in MakeMKV
- Find the two or three largest titles
- Review the "Title Information" in the right-hand panel for all of the titles
- Compare the "Segment Map" numbers and look for differences between the titles (Example: One title shows 55,60,61 and the other shows 55,59,61)
- In your OS file explorer, open the folder which contains your full disc back-up
- Navigate to the "BDMV" folder, and then to the "Stream" folder
- Open the two differing .m2ts files (59 & 60 from the example above) and review them in VLC or another video player
- This will show you exactly what is different between the two playlists. As Woodstock mentioned, it is often a difference in which languages are printed on-screen
- Then use MakeMKV to process your backed-up folder and create you MKV by selecting the title that has the language you prefer.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by jayper on Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esch30

Post by Esch30 »

jayper wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:04 am
My workflow is as follows with UHD discs and it has been super helpful to determine the correct playlist in situations like this:

- Compare the "Segment Map" numbers and look for differences between the titles (Example: One title shows 55,60,61 and the other shows 55,59,61)
- In your OS file explorer, open the folder which contains your full disc back-up
- Open the two differing .m2ts files (50 & 50 from the example above) and review them in VLC or another video player
- This will show you exactly what is different between the two playlists. As Woodstock mentioned, it is often a difference in which languages are printed on-screen
- Then use MakeMKV to process your backed-up folder and create you MKV by selecting the title that has the language you prefer.

Hope that helps.
I appreciate you taking the time to post this. I've had to re-rip a few 4K discs lately (mainly Disney Pixar films) because of incorrect languages in the opening titles. This seems like a surefire way of knowing you've chosen the correct playlist and I'll apply it to future rips to prevent from doing things twice.
jayper

Post by jayper »

Of course, I hope it helps others as well. Apologies for the typo in my original post: "Open the two differing .m2ts files (50 & 50 from the example above) and review them in VLC or another video player"

It should have read as: "Open the two differing .m2ts files (59 & 60 from the example above) and review them in VLC or another video player"

I've corrected the original post.
Unibrowser

Post by Unibrowser »

jayper wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:04 am

- Open the two differing .m2ts files (59 & 60 from the example above) and review them in VLC or another video player

Hope that helps.
Thank you for this! I was able to rip 3 out of the 4 4k batman movies. "Batman & Robin" couldn't be decrypted so I sent the AACS dump to the support email a few days ago. Hopefully I will be able to finish this soon.
This is the way
Unibrowser

Post by Unibrowser »

Update: Looks like the dump file was a success. It's now ripped. Mike is legit :D
This is the way
WhiteFeather

Post by WhiteFeather »

Did anyone figure out the difference between these two?

I wound up making MKV of both but couldn't tell any difference. Credits both seem to be in English.

Thanks!