Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Erfero

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Erfero »

today i was reading the manual of the philips 804 i bought, and i found this:

What do you think it means? The assistance was unable to give me even half the information, they were able to say only "read the technical data sheet". I have not understood if he intends that the reader inside the TV is castrated at 30 \ 40 mpbs, or what else ...
The player inside the TV does not allow you to check the information of the video, so I don't know how much effective bandwidth it is from a Dolby Vision movie inserted from USB which theoretically should also have 80 mpbs ...
Last edited by Erfero on Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

Do we need m2ts file (from the original bluray disc) to make this dolby vision remux? Or does mkv file (from the remux version of the original bluray disc) suffice?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Erfero wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:45 pm

What do you think it means? The assistance was unable to give me even half the information, they were able to say only "read the technical data sheet". I have not understood if he intends that the reader inside the TV is castrated at 30 \ 40 mpbs, or what else ...
The player inside the TV does not allow you to check the information of the video, so I don't know how much effective bandwidth it is from a Dolby Vision movie inserted from USB which theoretically should also have 80 mpbs ...
technically that's all your TV's soc really needs to handle, since all the streaming apps using h265 wil max out around 30mbps. your uhd bd-player will be doing all the decoding on high bitrate discs. the newest Phillips 804 models use the P5 PRO chip that could probably handle more, but who knows..
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

deadchip12 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:12 am
Do we need m2ts file (from the original bluray disc) to make this dolby vision remux? Or does mkv file (from the remux version of the original bluray disc) suffice?
depends. if you want a single layer mp4, dvdfab needs to use the m2ts. my dual-layer mp4 tool can use both. I've made many from mkv and they play fine, however I have read some users (making far more than me) encountered the odd problem vs the always working m2ts.
Erfero

Post by Erfero »

Grencola wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:19 pm
Erfero wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:45 pm

technically that's all your TV's soc really needs to handle, since all the streaming apps using h265 wil max out around 30mbps. your uhd bd-player will be doing all the decoding on high bitrate discs. the newest Phillips 804 models use the P5 PRO chip that could probably handle more, but who knows..
But if I put a DV backup on USB with 80mpbs video track? Philips isn't able to tell me if this limit applies only on streaming services, or even through USB... My model is the 804.
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

Man I tried many ways but still couldn't make Gemini Man in dolby vision to run at the correct 60 fps. I suspect there is mismatch between the framerate of 2 video layers somehow since the hdr10 version runs perfectly fine at 60fps.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

deadchip12 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:58 am
Man I tried many ways but still couldn't make Gemini Man in dolby vision to run at the correct 60 fps. I suspect there is mismatch between the framerate of 2 video layers somehow since the hdr10 version runs perfectly fine at 60fps.
Hi, I have 2 set ups LG C9 and LG C7, none have problems playing back single layer Gemini man at 60fps via the internal Plex app over wired gigabit network, I have all motion processing disabled on both sets.

On my C7 I have a normal shield (2017) as Plex server and my DV files plugged into that via USB 3, I can then play them back via the built in Plex app.

On my C9 I have a new DV shield and my DV files plugged into that via a usb 3 drive, that the goes through a Denon 5.2.2 system, I can then playback via Plex on the shield or Plex on the C9 with no problems.

On my DVDfab single layer of Gemini Man I even made a 7.1 aac at quality 1.0 with neroaac codec and muxed that back in.
436CABEC-0FD9-4933-847B-CEF2D33D8096.jpeg
436CABEC-0FD9-4933-847B-CEF2D33D8096.jpeg (2.47 MiB) Viewed 16831 times
daddy

Post by daddy »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:23 am
On my C7 I have a normal shield (2017) as Plex server and my DV files plugged into that via USB 3, I can then play them back via the built in Plex app.
Is the Shield 2017 compatible with Dolby Vision ??
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
deadchip12 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:58 am
Hi, I have 2 set ups LG C9 and LG C7, none have problems playing back single layer Gemini man at 60fps via the internal Plex app over wired gigabit network, I have all motion processing disabled on both sets.

On my C9 I have a new DV shield and my DV files plugged into that via a usb 3 drive, that the goes through a Denon 5.2.2 system, I can then playback via Plex on the shield or Plex on the C9 with no problems.

On my DVDfab single layer of Gemini Man I even made a 7.1 aac at quality 1.0 with neroaac codec and muxed that back in.436CABEC-0FD9-4933-847B-CEF2D33D8096.jpeg
Is there a way to make it work for double layer? I don’t really want to try making a single layer because some people say it is questionable whether the dolby vision of that is real or simply hdr10 with false dolby flag.
jesper1994

Post by jesper1994 »

Grencola wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:21 pm
deadchip12 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:12 am
depends. if you want a single layer mp4, dvdfab needs to use the m2ts. my dual-layer mp4 tool can use both. I've made many from mkv and they play fine, however I have read some users (making far more than me) encountered the odd problem vs the always working m2ts.
Could you also select dts audio with your tool? Would be awesome, now it takes lots of time for me to remux all the files.
daddy

Post by daddy »

deadchip12 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:58 am
Is there a way to make it work for double layer?
I think the Gemini man mp4 DL @60fps people made with mp4muxer are working.
The problem is to play it without stutter. Perhaps on a M9702 . (if someone can confirm...)
jesper1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:58 pm
now it takes lots of time for me to remux all the files
usually it takes me 1h30 to make a 120 min video file (Core i7-2600K @4.4ghz & SSD 500Gb)
- demux m2ts with ffmpeg => 20 min
- mux dual layer DV with mp4muxer => 40 min (if ac3 or ec3 you can add here and finish here)
- add of a dts audio => 20 min
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

jesper1994 wrote:
Could you also select dts audio with your tool? Would be awesome, now it takes lots of time for me to remux all the files.
I suppose I could. it would require quite a bit of coding though since not all movies have dts sound. I'd have to write a sound detection script: it would output the video's mediainfo to a txt file, then search that txt for dts-hd or true-hd and run a dts/dd core-extraction script accordingly (or give a choice). that way if the movie has dts-hd ma it will give you dts 1509kbps and if it has true-hd it will give you 640kbps ac3.. there's gotta be way smarter coders on here than me though who could crank that out in no time, if anyone's up for it then by all means ;)
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

daddy wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:54 pm
deadchip12 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:58 am
Is there a way to make it work for double layer?
I think the Gemini man mp4 DL @60fps people made with mp4muxer are working.
The problem is to play it without stutter. Perhaps on a M9702 . (if someone can confirm...)
Yes Gemini man dolby vision mp4 dual layer made with mp4muxer works but doesn't run at 60fps but a choppy framerate. I play it via usb. Hdr10 version runs fine. Maybe people who have more expertise here can look at the tool and figure out some solution?
jesper1994

Post by jesper1994 »

Grencola wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:26 pm
jesper1994 wrote:
I suppose I could. it would require quite a bit of coding though since not all movies have dts sound. I'd have to write a sound detection script: it would output the video's mediainfo to a txt file, then search that txt for dts-hd or true-hd and run a dts/dd core-extraction script accordingly (or give a choice). that way if the movie has dts-hd ma it will give you dts 1509kbps and if it has true-hd it will give you 640kbps ac3.. there's gotta be way smarter coders on here than me though who could crank that out in no time, if anyone's up for it then by all means ;)
If you let me select the audio track, it would already be a huge improvement for me!
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

daddy wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:27 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Is the Shield 2017 compatible with Dolby Vision ??
No, I mean the built in Plex app on the C7, the 2017 shield is just acting as server.