Cracker: To Be a Somebody

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
wrldtvlr

Cracker: To Be a Somebody

Post by wrldtvlr »

Trying to rip my Cracker box set. All the discs went fine except for this one. Log attached.
Attachments
MakeMKV_log_1.txt
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 496 times
Woodstock

Re: Cracker: To Be a Somebody

Post by Woodstock »

The log shows multiple read issues. While trying to figure out what parts of the disk contain which parts of the titles (the "Complex multiplex encountered" lines), it found navigation issues, consistent with unreadable VOB files. Cleaning the disk may help.

When MakeMKV can't find a usable title to rip (either too short or navigation errors), it will say "Failed to open disk".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
wrldtvlr

Post by wrldtvlr »

The disk is pretty clean, but I do see a very fine linear scratch on one part of it. I'll pick up some plastic polish today and see if I can buff it out.
wrldtvlr

Post by wrldtvlr »

Buffed it out, but didn't make any difference and it seems to play in a DVD player with no problem. Ordered a new DVD, but suspect it may be a mastering error or something makemkv hasn't seen before. Strange, as it's not a newer title.
wrldtvlr

Post by wrldtvlr »

And I was able to grab this off an individual DVD (not from the box set) with no problems. As posted previously, suspect the box set dvd was a mastering error or construct that makedvd couldn't deal with.