"Fake playlist" protection - help needed

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Krawk

Re: "Fake playlist" protection - help needed

Post by Krawk »

I am archiving some of my Blu-rays as I have bought the 4K versions. In the case of The Expendables, the 4K discs I bought do not include the Blu-rays, so I am making a rip of the Blu-ray so that I still have access to the HD version of the movie should I ever need it for any reason. Anyway, when I insert the disc, I am greeted with probably 40 titles or so, only 2 of which are of decent size. The largest of the 2 is 25.9 GB, and a play time of 2:01:00, which is considerably longer than the run time listed on the cover, buy about 18 minutes! All it contains for audio is DD Stereo and cover jpg. The segment map is completely random, but the tipper that it is a fake playlist is that it doesn't have any HD Audio tracks. The next playlist seems to be the right run time and surprisingly the segment map is all in sequence, not random.
Am I looking at a not quite perfect situation? I do have Java installed so I presume it is processing and eliminating the remaining bad playlists?

Just tried Expendables 2, got the jre run process, and still have too many titles to pick from. So, this OLD title, which playlist is correct? Why is it not auto-selecting?
expendables2.jpg
expendables2.jpg (102.21 KiB) Viewed 47843 times
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

(FPL_MainFeature) is the one MakeMKV chose and moved towards the top.

The auto-select isn't going to stop the display of all the possible play lists, it's just trying to get the best candidate to the top.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

Does anyone know the correct playlist for Angel Has Fallen (2019)? Im getting a ton of playlists. Ive uploaded the necessary files without the stream to the support email. I also have links to the file if that is needed/allowed to post.

Angel has Fallen play list thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20918
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

Gollum wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:25 pm
Does anyone know the correct playlist for Angel Has Fallen (2019)? Im getting a ton of playlists. Ive uploaded the necessary files without the stream to the support email. I also have links to the file if that is needed/allowed to post.

Angel has Fallen play list thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20918
Just FYI, I used handbrake on my decrypted disc copy and it chose playlist 191. I have a copy that I need to test, but so far it appears like the right one. I will confirm, but so far, playlist 191 is the one to choose.
sphinc70

Post by sphinc70 »

Hi,
I can't work out how to have Make MKV identify the correct playlist. No information comes up that identifies the main feature. When the movie is being processed, the program indicates that java is being utilised. The movie I'm having issues with is "Wonder". I see other posts that Make MKV does select the correct playlist for this movie. I have installed a new version of java and Make MKV. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
preserve

Post by preserve »

Looking for the playlist for the Canada retail release of Source Code. It's not the same as the US release. I've emailed the requested files to the support email address.

Source Code playlist thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17882
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
swannmonk

Post by swannmonk »

I am trying again to get help. I tried to rip a purchased movie, "Midway", with several fake copies or fake playlist. The fix, according to MakeMv website is to download JRE (Java Runtime) into a "private" location - not systemwide. I was informed by a computer-literate person that a private location is not possible. Is there another fix? Or, any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Signed,

Barely computer literate
StormMeows

Post by StormMeows »

I am really trying to understand how to get this fake playlist protection off of Lionsgate movies. I have tried a variety of ways as listed on this forum and others and cannot figure it out.

First I have tried to install Java on my Windows 10 x64 PC (I downloaded the Java x64 version).
I do not see anything with Java in the "log" on MakeMKV for this Lionsgate title I am trying to rip "Age of Adaline."
Second, I have tried to do as suggested using ProcMon (Process Monitor) and OpenedFilesView with Cyberlink DVD and this Blu-ray just crashes when running those programs with it.
Third, I have tried using ANYDVD HD under "Settings" and looking to see if it had the correct file, but it does not for this one. I tried another Lionsgate with it and it showed the correct file, but does not show anything for this Age of Adaline Blu-ray.
Fourth, I have tried to use VLC with Process Monitor, but VLC just gives me an error that I cannot playback the blu-rays with it. I have looked into making VLC work with blu-ray discs, but it involves moving different files around your PC and it still doesn't work for me with this method.

I realize that I could just search for this movie and use what others have reported, but I would rather figure this out each time manually for each blu-ray/dvd/4K so that I know that I have the right movie file each time. Can someone direct me in the right direction on figuring these movies/studios out?

Please let me know! thanks!
trumpet205

Post by trumpet205 »

^^^

Don't bother with VLC approach. While VLC can handle BD-J menu, it cannot deal with playlist obfuscation.

MakeMKV will load Java if it thinks the disc is using playlist obfuscation. You have to email mike if MakeMKV isn't using it.
As for PowerDVD route try running ProcMon after playback has started?
StormMeows

Post by StormMeows »

^^^ I will definitely try doing the PowerDVD after I run Procmon . Is this the best manual way (Power DVD + ProcMon) to figure this out? Can you use something like DVDFab or if I used AnyDVD to fully rip the folders, would MakeMKV read it correctly? It is just a frustrating place to be in. VLC won't play the blu-ray disc at all so I am definitely giving up that option (as you mentioned).
StormMeows

Post by StormMeows »

It worked for my Age of Adaline by using Process Monitor and PowerDVD :)
Mondays

Post by Mondays »

I uninstalled Java a month or so ago, figured I had no need for it, security risk bla bla bla. Today I opened a movie with many playlists "Judy", and and was surprised to see no playlist identification. Do I need to install Java again?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Mondays wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:32 pm
I uninstalled Java a month or so ago, figured I had no need for it, security risk bla bla bla. Today I opened a movie with many playlists "Judy", and and was surprised to see no playlist identification. Do I need to install Java again?
That function only works w/ java available. Based on advice given here in the forum (somewhere?), I tried downloading the 'portable' server version (64-bit only). Just extract it & add the path to the java executable in prefs. Java now only available to MakeMKV (security!). Worth a try?
Angryman

Post by Angryman »

StormMeows wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:07 pm
It worked for my Age of Adaline by using Process Monitor and PowerDVD :)
I always use the Process monitor / Power DVD route myself as not too keen to have Java installed, just more bloat of little use to anything of relevance to me outside of MakeMKV. To be fair, I'm coming across fewer and fewer discs with it these days. Perhaps the studios realise that its a waste of time for preventing the type of piracy they are concerned about (sticking a copy of the movie on the various pirate sites) as only a single copy needs to be made for that to happen. I suspect most users like me get the disc and keep it whilst ripping just the movie to some form of devices be it an HTPC or Shield etc.
Steveredrum

Post by Steveredrum »

Here is a list of over 100 working Lionsgate Films (Using My TUT The Steveredrum Way) That Had Screen Pass:-

Code: Select all

PAGE DEAD
Last edited by Steveredrum on Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.