Version Popup

Everything related to MakeMKV
dlk1971

Version Popup

Post by dlk1971 »

Getting a prompt that Version is old download new version. My version is 1.14.7. The latest from website is 1.14.7. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. How do I get a registered copy?
Woodstock

Re: Version Popup

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dlk1971

Post by dlk1971 »

Thanks Woodstock. I bought a license.
scott3041

Post by scott3041 »

Yes. I get the same problem with the new version which won't allow me to use. Can't afford to purchase a key now, so the original reply doesn't help me. Any thoughts on why the new version is being seen as too old?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Re-entering the current beta key didn't help? It's valid for another month... Link to it is the first thing listed in the linked topic.
scott3041

Post by scott3041 »

Not sure what you mean by re-entering the current beta key. I've reinstalled & run the latest version several times but get the same "old version" message. Is there an additional code I need to enter? That hasn't been necessary before. Thanks.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The key in the install file expired some months ago. You need to enter the CURRENT key to get it to work. Mike doesn't update the install file unless it's a new version, and the current version has been stable for two beta key expiration cycles.
scott3041

Post by scott3041 »

OK. This is the first time I've had this issue, so I'm a little dense as to where the current key is found. I know where the program files are and looked through that folder but nothing jumps out as "current key". Sorry to be so difficult.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

scott3041 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:18 pm
OK. This is the first time I've had this issue, so I'm a little dense as to where the current key is found. I know where the program files are and looked through that folder but nothing jumps out as "current key". Sorry to be so difficult.
You need to pay attention to the second post of this very thread you are replying to. As Woodstock advise above, he provided the link there. So, click on that link and it will take you to a post where you can find a link to the current key alongside an explanation on how the process works.
scott3041

Post by scott3041 »

Got it. Thanks.