Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
MartyMcNuts

Re: GetMPLS - An Application to help find the correct playlist for BD / UHD

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:24 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:13 am
Ok, very strange. Does it only do this for Midway? I'll take another look.
I've only tried it on the two UHD's I've got with screen pass. Knives Out worked great and found the proper playlist. Midway gave this locking up issue. I could try to find screen pass on some of the blu-rays I have kicking around if you need me to test anything else. The event log didn't tell me anything useful.

EDIT: I'm ripping the blu-ray of John Wick that came with my UHD just to see how it does on that one. I'll let you know when it's done ripping.
Cool. If you could also check a couple of your BD's that have screenpass, that'd be appreciated.

PS: I've messaged you about a Midway test.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:55 am

Cool. If you could also check a couple of your BD's that have screenpass, that'd be appreciated.

PS: I've messaged you about a Midway test.
Will do. I just responded. That test didn't go the way we hoped. LOL Hopefully it gives you an idea.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

FYI it crashes the same way on John Wick Blu-ray.
blrtl

Post by blrtl »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:56 pm
blrtl wrote:Please, do I understand correct: make folder backup first, then check with GetMPLS for right PL?
Yes that's correct.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Great. And great community here ;)
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

UPDATE 25/03/2020:

A few minor code adjustments to stop GetMPLS from crashing on folders created from discs containing screenpass. (Thanks to SamuriHL for the assistance.)

Screenpass is really hit & miss (mostly miss) at this stage but you still at least end up with a list of all playlists (with m2ts segment in order).

I have tested GetMPLS on approximately 60 decrypted UHD folders and 20 decrypted BD folders and none of them took more than 30 seconds. (Most of them took less than 5 seconds.)

Download link and hash checks have been updated in the first post.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Thanks for the update!
aloha

Post by aloha »

Hello:

@MartyMcNuts - Your application seems great. If I may make a request... Please consider adding version number to your application. Thus far (by my count), GetMPLS has gone through 4 revisions, the latest being 03-25-2020. However, there is no way to actually tell if one is using the most current vs an older version. I even went into the detail of the exe and ALL versions seem to show version number 1.0.0.0.

Grrr… the part I really hate (but I think needs to be stated)...

A few more ideas you might want to consider...
A. Copyright/Copyleft your work. (More below)
B. Release it as a "Freeware/GPL x/etc (More below)
C. State the normal BS of no reverse engineering etc etc etc (More below)

More Portion: I suggest to make the above considerations listed directly above because I'm guessing you don't want some company (or individual) claiming it as their original work, charging for said work, or reverse engineer YOUR work to accomplish both A & B. I know you don't want to be bogged down in a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo (and you souldn't have to be), but do you want someone or some company to block you from YOUR original piece of work? Or at the very least, have done to you what happened to MakeMKV by leawo (https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5790#p5790)?

I'm guessing your intentions are provide a quick and easy utility to help all here find the correct playlist for discs that might utilize playlist obfuscation, but other nefarious people/entities my see this as a profit opportunity. Please do NOT be dissuaded from continual development as I think your application has HUGE potential. I'm just concerned another (person or company) my try to hijack a great utility in its infancy. Granted, it's sad one has to resort to such tactics to protect their work, but if you don't the loss could be even greater IMHO.

Sorry to be a bummer, and come off as a lawyer (I'm not), but please consider the above.

Have a great day!
A
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

aloha wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:51 am
Hello:

@MartyMcNuts - Your application seems great. If I may make a request... Please consider adding version number to your application. Thus far (by my count), GetMPLS has gone through 4 revisions, the latest being 03-25-2020. However, there is no way to actually tell if one is using the most current vs an older version. I even went into the detail of the exe and ALL versions seem to show version number 1.0.0.0.

Grrr… the part I really hate (but I think needs to be stated)...

A few more ideas you might want to consider...
A. Copyright/Copyleft your work. (More below)
B. Release it as a "Freeware/GPL x/etc (More below)
C. State the normal BS of no reverse engineering etc etc etc (More below)

More Portion: I suggest to make the above considerations listed directly above because I'm guessing you don't want some company (or individual) claiming it as their original work, charging for said work, or reverse engineer YOUR work to accomplish both A & B. I know you don't want to be bogged down in a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo (and you souldn't have to be), but do you want someone or some company to block you from YOUR original piece of work? Or at the very least, have done to you what happened to MakeMKV by leawo (https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5790#p5790)?

I'm guessing your intentions are provide a quick and easy utility to help all here find the correct playlist for discs that might utilize playlist obfuscation, but other nefarious people/entities my see this as a profit opportunity. Please do NOT be dissuaded from continual development as I think your application has HUGE potential. I'm just concerned another (person or company) my try to hijack a great utility in its infancy. Granted, it's sad one has to resort to such tactics to protect their work, but if you don't the loss could be even greater IMHO.

Sorry to be a bummer, and come off as a lawyer (I'm not), but please consider the above.

Have a great day!
A
Thanks for the info. I will take it under advisement.
82ATQZ

Post by 82ATQZ »

Hi,

I'm having a hard time with GetMPLS. I'm trying to make a RIP of a UK Retail version of Knives Out. This seems different from the US version I've seen mentioned on this board for which I'm trying to find the correct playlist. MakeMKV backup made 433 playlist files so I was hoping GetMPLS can help me here because the MakeMKV suggested playlist looks incorrect (some sections missing).

Although GetMPLS runs on the decrypted folder it seems to get stuck in a loop and pins one of the threads on my 4 core CPU (about 15% CPU). GetMPLS does however suggest a different playlist which isn't quite correct either as I watched the movie last night on a standalone Blu-Ray player and some of the scenes are out of sequence.

Also using the GetMPLS app is slow, i.e. it is slow to respond to mouse clicks on the scrollbar. If you click the TextBox window it seems to start flickering (constantly updating) even though it has finished going through the folder so it is difficult to compare playlists.

I'm not sure what else help I can be but if you need any more information then please let me know.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Thanks for the info.
GRW031

Post by GRW031 »

Hello Marty -

I am very new to all of this and have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure it all out. I think this program looks fantastic, but I seem to be stuck at step one. I downloaded GetMPLS and need more information on where I get the file the program will read. I tried taking it directly from the disc drive and also ripped all of the possible movie files and tried to load them as well. Nothing is working. Again, sorry for the noob question, but I would very much like to gain a better understanding of this and know that this tool will help me tremendously with that. Thanks in advance.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

GRW031 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:30 am
Hello Marty -

I am very new to all of this and have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure it all out. I think this program looks fantastic, but I seem to be stuck at step one. I downloaded GetMPLS and need more information on where I get the file the program will read. I tried taking it directly from the disc drive and also ripped all of the possible movie files and tried to load them as well. Nothing is working. Again, sorry for the noob question, but I would very much like to gain a better understanding of this and know that this tool will help me tremendously with that. Thanks in advance.
To use GetMPLS, just click "Source" and select your decrypted BD / UHD folder or drag 'n' drop your decrypted BD / UHD folder onto the textbox.

It may work directly from the disc by selecting/dragging the disc.
Mr_Orange

Post by Mr_Orange »

I've only just come across this thread and app. It looks handy, not that I have really had too many issues with playlist obfuscation so far, but my first thought would be to integrate its functionality into MakeMKV. Or is that already happening?
hanneslan83

Post by hanneslan83 »

Hi Marty,

Tried with Antebellum Complete UHD.

Doesn‘t work.

Wrong Playlist ist selected.

Disc has about 180 Playlists.

Any Chance for a Fix?

Hannes
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

hanneslan83 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:24 pm
Hi Marty,

Tried with Antebellum Complete UHD.

Doesn‘t work.

Wrong Playlist ist selected.

Disc has about 180 Playlists.

Any Chance for a Fix?

Hannes
Sorry but nope.

It selects whichever playlist ffmpeg says is correct. Most of the time it is not correct when obfuscation is used but it should at least advise which m2ts files to look at so you can find the correct playlist.