Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ragico

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by ragico »

yusesope wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:16 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:35 am
Hi, can confirm this mux of 1917 that didn’t work on the Oppo works in Dolby Vision and Atmos on 2019 shield pro, shame I will have to have 2 muxes of some FEL movies till it’s sorted, particularly because the Oppo is a better picture, the Colours are more balanced.

Is there any other way to try and mux so we get a file that works on both?

Regards.
I'm sorry but at the moment I don't have any other ideas.
The strange thing is that the video bit rate of 1917 is 0kbps.
If the cobination of my tool + tsMuxeR worked for Mission Impossible, it may also work for other FEL titles.
You should make some attempts.

I thank those who have tried the files that I modified (by patching the output of FFmpeg ) but at the moment the whole process consumes too much time (so it is useless).
@yusesope
I did 1917.m2ts DV using your tool and tsmuxer.
It plays perfectly in Shield 2019 and this is the mediainfo:

HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
Bit rate : 82.6 Mb/s
tr000

Post by tr000 »

yusesope wrote:
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Hi, can confirm this mux of 1917 that didn’t work on the Oppo works in Dolby Vision and Atmos on 2019 shield pro, shame I will have to have 2 muxes of some FEL movies till it’s sorted, particularly because the Oppo is a better picture, the Colours are more balanced.

Regards.
If the cobination of my tool + tsMuxeR worked for Mission Impossible, it may also work for other FEL titles.

I thank those who have tried the files that I modified (by patching the output of FFmpeg ) but at the moment the whole process consumes too much time (so it is useless).
I missed a couple pages of history, so forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference with your tool vs. just ripping the BL, EL, and audio with TSMuxer and using Dolby's MP4Muxer with a respective profile to produce an .MP4? Does it allow for lossless audio or something?

I also noted that 0kbps thing—DVDFab BDInfo has been showing that for a lot of DV discs.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

tr000 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:56 pm
yusesope wrote:
DaMacFunkin wrote:

Regards.

I missed a couple pages of history, so forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference with your tool vs. just ripping the BL, EL, and audio with TSMuxer and using Dolby's MP4Muxer with a respective profile to produce an .MP4? Does it allow for lossless audio or something?

I also noted that 0kbps thing—DVDFab BDInfo has been showing that for a lot of DV discs.
Correct, no Atmos in .mp4 container.
tr000

Post by tr000 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:19 pm
tr000 wrote:
yusesope wrote:

Thanks for the reply—what's all this business about the enhancement layers as well? MEL/FEL? Apparently TSMuxer strips one? Just want to be sure I'm not missing anything when I'm making my (non-Atmos) MP4s. My TV can only do up to E-AC3 anyway.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

tr000 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:22 pm
Angryunibrow wrote:
tr000 wrote:

Thanks for the reply—what's all this business about the enhancement layers as well? MEL/FEL? Apparently TSMuxer strips one? Just want to be sure I'm not missing anything when I'm making my (non-Atmos) MP4s. My TV can only do up to E-AC3 anyway.
The modified tsmuxer posted here a few pages back does not strip any enhancement layers, the official build will. Use the modified one and it keeps it intact.

https://mega.nz/#!9m4FDJjT!1276qfyWM_tU ... 5SqsVORvSg
tr000

Post by tr000 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:29 pm
tr000 wrote:
Angryunibrow wrote:

The modified tsmuxer posted here a few pages back does not strip any enhancement layers, the official build will. Use the modified one and it keeps it intact.
I see. I used the regular TSMuxer and 1917 looked pretty great—is there any visual benefit to keeping all layers? My TV only does Profile 5 AFAIK. Just want to be sure I'm getting the best DV experience possible.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

tr000 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:31 pm
Angryunibrow wrote:
tr000 wrote:

I see. I used the regular TSMuxer and 1917 looked pretty great—is there any visual benefit to keeping all layers? My TV only does Profile 5 AFAIK. Just want to be sure I'm getting the best DV experience possible.
On paper, yes. There are two types of enhancement layers; one is full ( FEL ) and the other one is minimal ( MEL ). The FEL is 12-bit, and MEL is 10-bit. FEL can re-create 4000 nits from the 1000-nit mapped base layer. MEL can not re-create a 4000 nit brightness from the 1000-nit mapped base layer ( the base layer needs to be mapped 4000 by the studio itself - Warner Brothers do it usually ). Not all studios bother with FEL these days, only a few. You can find a good read here> https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.ph ... st16884278

There are no commercially available displays capable of displaying a true 12-bit signal. Even the best consumers TVs are today struggling to output a full 10-bit color. Some people argue that a downscaled* ( is it a right term lol ) 12-bit signal is better than the native 10-bit signal ( from 4k>1080p analogy ) - no comment about that tbh

Long story short, I would not bother at this point if you don't care about the lossless audio and ATMOS/DTS-X ( if you do, you have a few choices: Oppo, Sony X700, Nvidia Shiled TV 2019...etc ). All streaming platforms are pushing Profile 5 anyways. Enjoy it!
tr000

Post by tr000 »

mulucy wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:05 am
tr000 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:31 pm
Angryunibrow wrote:

On paper, yes. There are two types of enhancement layers; one is full ( FEL ) and the other one is minimal ( MEL ). The FEL is 12-bit, and MEL is 10-bit. FEL can re-create 4000 nits from the 1000-nit mapped base layer. MEL can not re-create a 4000 nit brightness from the 1000-nit mapped base layer ( the base layer needs to be mapped 4000 by the studio itself - Warner Brothers do it usually ). Not all studios bother with FEL these days, only a few. You can find a good read here> https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.ph ... st16884278

There are no commercially available displays capable of displaying a true 12-bit signal. Even the best consumers TVs are today struggling to output a full 10-bit color. Some people argue that a downscaled* ( is it a right term lol ) 12-bit signal is better than the native 10-bit signal ( from 4k>1080p analogy ) - no comment about that tbh

Long story short, I would not bother at this point if you don't care about the lossless audio and ATMOS/DTS-X ( if you do, you have a few choices: Oppo, Sony X700, Nvidia Shiled TV 2019...etc ). All streaming platforms are pushing Profile 5 anyways. Enjoy it!
Interesting, thanks. I guess I could get the Shield but honestly 640kbps sounds great on my home theatre. I got the new TSMuxer so I can keep all the layers without any real changes to my workflow presumably, so shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'm trying to see if I can exploit E-AC3 support in my TV to achieve higher audio bitrates.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

yusesope wrote:
DaMacFunkin wrote:

Regards.

Hi, the video nitrate reports as 0kb because the Oppo can’t decode the video stream, it can’t even determine the length of the movie, the exact same file plays fine on shield2019 pro, and in HDR10 on shield 2017.
I can’t find the words to put this technically but I wonder if on some FEL movies one layer needs to be first... and by this I refer back to MVC where you had right eye mux and left eye mux, do you know what I mean?
box4m

Post by box4m »

So did anyone get any of these methods working with 2019 Shield and MXPlayer?
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

badrobot wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:28 am
I registered this account to show my appreciation to @yusesope. Your tool is awesome!
Thanks. I'm glad!

tr000 wrote:
I missed a couple pages of history, so forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference with your tool vs. just ripping the BL, EL...
@mulucy summarized the situation for you.

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:27 am
Hi, the video nitrate reports as 0kb because the Oppo can’t decode the video stream, it can’t even determine the length of the movie, the exact same file plays fine on shield2019 pro, and in HDR10 on shield 2017.
The question is: why does the Shield manage to reproduce the video and the OPPO does not?
Without the hardware available I cannot give you an answer. You can continue to try and report successes and failures and maybe someone will notice that little inconsistency that is common to movies that are not played. However, one film does not make statistics (because statistics is defined as "aggregate of facts")
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:27 am
I can’t find the words to put this technically but I wonder if on some FEL movies one layer needs to be first... and by this I refer back to MVC where you had right eye mux and left eye mux, do you know what I mean?
As for the order of the layers, I wrote a post about it (HERE).
Note how each BL block is composed of n elements and each EL block is composed of n + 1 elements (where the +1 is represented by the RPU metadata).
Note how each NALu AUD acts as a separator.
The idea came up by looking at and reversing Dolby's mp4muxer code.
This type of order is then common to the "official files" (the very few demos of the TV manufacturers).
I am quite sure that this is the correct order and I am sure that it must apply to all movies (otherwise we could not speak of standards but of chaos)
traykov_77

Post by traykov_77 »

HI, I need some help with mp4muxer to make dolby vission file profile 5.09
when open command prompt do I have to open the mp4muxer directory and write command in it or to open the directory where are 2 hevc files and ac3.
I try to demux m2ts with tsmuxer then with yousope tool version 2 with mode 2 made bl rpu hevc and when muxed with ac3 in ts muxer from the last pages I get ts file with verssion 8. Is there a way to use ts muxer and get ts file with dolby vission verssion5 or have to use mp4 muxer?
jcdr428

Post by jcdr428 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:32 pm
Could someone post the new tsmuxer modified for profile 5, I have no idea how to use github and download anything
@Angryunibrow this link always has the latest version and does not need login https://bintray.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/t ... sion#files

[Edit]
Angryunibrow wrote:
@Angryunibrow what do you mean, the official build strips EL ? What do we need to change in tsMuxer ?
deadchip12

Post by deadchip12 »

deadchip12 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:53 am
RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:56 pm
here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q5v4-J ... sp=sharing

open source tsmuxer have the github icon and no paypal icon.

Thanks. It shows Dolby Vision during playback now, but the film stutters and freezes every 2 seconds. I'm playing it on an external hdd connected to LG C9 OLED via usb.
Anybody has a solution for this? Gemini Man DV created using yusesope tool
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

jcdr428 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:42 pm
Angryunibrow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:32 pm
Could someone post the new tsmuxer modified for profile 5, I have no idea how to use github and download anything
@Angryunibrow this link always has the latest version and does not need login https://bintray.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/t ... sion#files

[Edit]
Angryunibrow wrote:
@Angryunibrow what do you mean, the official build strips EL ? What do we need to change in tsMuxer ?
Thank you for the link, and maybe I miss spoke but I thought there were 2 versions of tsmuxer and the GitHub "version" was the one we needed over the version that says"PayPal" in the corner.

Are they the same now?