Pioneer drive 3 bleeps

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Kelsojim

Pioneer drive 3 bleeps

Post by Kelsojim »

Hi All,
I have a pioneer Blu-ray drive which has worked until last week.
It now attempts to spin up emits three bleeps then spins down.
This happens a few times then the drive stoops.
Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Self isolating here in Scotland and I have time to rip my movie collection.
st4evr

Re: Pioneer drive 3 bleeps

Post by st4evr »

You’re going to have to provide more information other than “it does not work”. Gotta help us help you. No mind readers here.

What is the exact drive model?

In what environment is it installed in? E.g. PC or Mac? What OS version? Via USB enclosure or internally connected to PC/Mac? Etc.

Does this happen only when using MakeMKV? This is the MakeMKV support forum and you originally posted within the Libredrive forum (appears the post has now been moved to a different section by admin), so are you seeing or saying that this behavior only occurs when using MakeMKV and seeing some sort of specific Libredrive notification/problem/error when this problem occurs on your end when attempting to use MakeMKV?

If so, can you provide an MakeMKV error log?

Or does it do the same when attempting to open/view/use discs in/with other applications as well?

Have you already Googled (https://www.google.com) that drive’s model number to see if it’s a known problem with it after a certain amount of time, when a certain action is taken, under certain circumstances, or if there are other existing topics anywhere else on this?

How old is this drive? Could simply have failed due to age/extended use and a replacement will be required. If it’s new, then a return/exchange may be required as it could be defective.