Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
siriusbox

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by siriusbox »

I wonder if what yusesope did can be done in realtime with a MKV with the two layers, of course, what I asking is if possible to do a player that can get all the work done on the fly, since it's not a matter or something encrypted, so I guess is possible.
Moe123

Post by Moe123 »

Hi guys, I actually don't think I'm too stupid, but I somehow don't get a grip on it.I created BL + EL and created an mp4 with profile 5 and created a .ts with TsM and that with many attempts, different TsM versions but the result is never an SL DV.ts.I keep getting DL DV.Where am I always making a mistake and after repeatedly searching the 127 pages I can't figure it out.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

It appears, unless i'm doing something wrong the LG Plex app can't play back a Dolby Vision .ts file created.
I made a Profile 7 just using the 640kb core audio so I know it would direct play but the TV does not trigger Dolby Vision, just HDR

Only thing I noticed was tsmuxer makes it Profile 7.05, while mp4muxer makes it 7.06

Not sure if that is the reason, or its just the the TV needs an .mp4 file instead of .ts - but the file did play just only in HDR
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

yusesope wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:46 am
badrobot wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:28 am
I registered this account to show my appreciation to @yusesope. Your tool is awesome!
Thanks. I'm glad!

tr000 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:56 pm
I missed a couple pages of history, so forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference with your tool vs. just ripping the BL, EL...
@mulucy summarized the situation for you.

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:27 am
Hi, the video nitrate reports as 0kb because the Oppo can’t decode the video stream, it can’t even determine the length of the movie, the exact same file plays fine on shield2019 pro, and in HDR10 on shield 2017.
The question is: why does the Shield manage to reproduce the video and the OPPO does not?
Without the hardware available I cannot give you an answer. You can continue to try and report successes and failures and maybe someone will notice that little inconsistency that is common to movies that are not played. However, one film does not make statistics (because statistics is defined as "aggregate of facts")
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:27 am
I can’t find the words to put this technically but I wonder if on some FEL movies one layer needs to be first... and by this I refer back to MVC where you had right eye mux and left eye mux, do you know what I mean?
As for the order of the layers, I wrote a post about it (HERE).
Note how each BL block is composed of n elements and each EL block is composed of n + 1 elements (where the +1 is represented by the RPU metadata).
Note how each NALu AUD acts as a separator.
The idea came up by looking at and reversing Dolby's mp4muxer code.
This type of order is then common to the "official files" (the very few demos of the TV manufacturers).
I am quite sure that this is the correct order and I am sure that it must apply to all movies (otherwise we could not speak of standards but of chaos)
I’ve found a common denominator, done a few FEL today and they all work on Shield 2019 and Oppo except titles with HDR10+ (Hobbs and Shaw, 1917), which is strange because the Oppo supports HDR10+ ( my tv doesn’t neither does the shield) something with this method forces the Oppo to try and send the HDR10+ layer to a DV display, maybe the descriptors are not correct???
Like I said only FEL titles with HDR10 + are not playing.

Is there anyway to strip the HDR10+ information with eac3to or ffmpeg during this process?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:08 pm
It appears, unless i'm doing something wrong the LG Plex app can't play back a Dolby Vision .ts file created.
I made a Profile 7 just using the 640kb core audio so I know it would direct play but the TV does not trigger Dolby Vision, just HDR

Only thing I noticed was tsmuxer makes it Profile 7.05, while mp4muxer makes it 7.06

Not sure if that is the reason, or its just the the TV needs an .mp4 file instead of .ts - but the file did play just only in HDR
Not sure if it's an issue with the newer versions of tsmuxer or just the LG internal player not being able to play dual track DL DV ts files, but i do remember that when going from the original decrypted m2ts directly to a TS, this was the result from an earlier version of tsmuxer: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&p=84852&hilit=x700#p84852. Maybe you can go back a month or so to an earlier version and see if that makes a difference.

edit: https://bintray.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/d ... -10-39.zip might be the one to try
Maxoumax6

Post by Maxoumax6 »

yusesope wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:17 pm
It would be interesting to see how another software would handle the matter.
I am therefore trying to modify at bit level the .ts files produced by FFmpeg.
I did some experiments using THIS file and HERE you can find the results.
If your device plays the original file, test the files I edited.
If there is a positive response (I have my doubts but there is no harm in trying!), I will explain what and how I did it.

Thank you.
Hey everyone,
I've been following the topic for a long time now. You guys are doing such a great job. I'm amazed by that, it's so cool!! :D
I get through the process and only obtained stuttering .mp4 :roll: on my C8.
But, the mp4.ts you did, works smoothly on my C8. You are a magician Yusesope :lol: but the only question is : how did you do this? :twisted:

Thanks again guys.
jcdr428

Post by jcdr428 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:59 pm
Thank you for the link, and maybe I miss spoke but I thought there were 2 versions of tsmuxer and the GitHub "version" was the one we needed over the version that says"PayPal" in the corner.

Are they the same now?
The version that says "PayPal" in the corner is 2.6.12 / proprietary. The versions on github are opensource, under active development with UHD/HDR/DV.
Angryunibrow wrote:

Maybe the TV does not read HDMV descriptors, as opposed to the BD players. As stated previously, I had pushed the standard HEVC video descriptors for DV, but was asked to come back to HDMV descriptors due to PGS, ac3+thd and ac3+eac3 BD tracks not working anymore.

I understand that the Shield reads only DV marked as profile 5. However Blu-ray profile 7 dual tracks changed to single tracks should be profile 8 and not profile 5, as the BL is BT.2100 and not Dolby IPT colorspace. The Shield SoC seems to be able to read any DV as long as it is marked profile 5, so this is something that should be addressed by NVidia in a firmware rather than allowing to disseminate non-compliant DV files.
pargo

Post by pargo »

planet_hoarder wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:40 am
Arbigator wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:53 am
What is it about a demuxed mkv rip that this tool doesn't like? Do you think it might be possible in the future?
Also would be my question, since Dolby's mp4muxer works perfectly (well at least mp4muxer_64bit.exe works) with extracted bl, el tracks from mkv-files. Watched couple of DV movies on LG Oled that way.
Edit I found the 64bit version of mp4muxer and my TV still doesn't active DV when I play the output file.

I have Shield 2019, using tsmuxer-11f852a to demux Annihilation remux MKV, and repackage the BL and EL with the AC3 layer using mp4muxer 64 bit. But the Shield through plex always shows HDR. Any ideas what I'm missing? Would really appreciate it.
Last edited by pargo on Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

jcdr428 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:31 pm
I understand that the Shield reads only DV marked as profile 5. However Blu-ray profile 7 dual tracks changed to single tracks should be profile 8 and not profile 5, as the BL is BT.2100 and not Dolby IPT colorspace. The Shield SoC seems to be able to read any DV as long as it is marked profile 5, so this is something that should be addressed by NVidia in a firmware rather than allowing to disseminate non-compliant DV files.
I think the Shield is good with reading single track+dual layer dv profile 4, and single track+single layer profile 5 and 8 videos. Dual track+dual layer profile 7 videos have always been the problem, hence yusecope's tool to merge the tracks but keep the layers still separate (or the -mode 2 option to also merge the layers). The issue somebody was having was with an Apple TV 4k not reading a ST+SL file in prof 8, but when the same video track is remuxed in 5, it'd work perfectly. Probably an issue with the Apple TV not supporting prof 8
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

jcdr428 wrote:
Angryunibrow wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:59 pm
Thank you for the link, and maybe I miss spoke but I thought there were 2 versions of tsmuxer and the GitHub "version" was the one we needed over the version that says"PayPal" in the corner.

Are they the same now?
The version that says "PayPal" in the corner is 2.6.12 / proprietary. The versions on github are opensource, under active development with UHD/HDR/DV.
Angryunibrow wrote:

Maybe the TV does not read HDMV descriptors, as opposed to the BD players. As stated previously, I had pushed the standard HEVC video descriptors for DV, but was asked to come back to HDMV descriptors due to PGS, ac3+thd and ac3+eac3 BD tracks not working anymore.

Do you know what the last version was before the change that you think might work, I'm looking for an easier way to do profile 7. mp4muxer takes to long
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:14 pm
jcdr428 wrote:
I think the Shield is good with reading single track+dual layer dv profile 4, and single track+single layer profile 5 and 8 videos. Dual track+dual layer profile 7 videos have always been the problem, hence yusecope's tool to merge the tracks but keep the layers still separate (or the -mode 2 option to also merge the layers). The issue somebody was having was with an Apple TV 4k not reading a ST+SL file in prof 8, but when the same video track is remuxed in 5, it'd work perfectly. Probably an issue with the Apple TV not supporting prof 8
Apple TV 4K only supports Profile 5. Apparently, the all-new Shield TV supports Profile 4 and 5. And with Profile 4, you get both: single track dual layer and single track single layer and all with lossless audio and ATMOS/DTS-X.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

mulucy wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:19 am
Apparently, the all-new Shield TV supports Profile 4 and 5. And with Profile 4, you get both: single track dual layer and single track single layer and all with lossless audio and ATMOS/DTS-X.
Just gotta lower the Red and Green sliders in your TV's color settings and you're all set :wink:
jcdr428

Post by jcdr428 »

mulucy wrote:
Apple TV 4K only supports Profile 5. Apparently, the all-new Shield TV supports Profile 4 and 5. And with Profile 4, you get both: single track dual layer and single track single layer and all with lossless audio and ATMOS/DTS-X.
To clarify the profiles:
Profile 4 is SDR BL with DV IPT EL -therefore backward compatible with SDR, not HDR10.
Profile 5 is DV IPT colorspace BL, not backward compatible with SDR or HDR10, i.e. will not give correct colors on a non-DV TV.
Profile 7 is dual track HDR10 BL with DV IPT colorspace EL, backward compatible with HDR10.
Profile 8 is SDR or HDR BL with DV metadata, backward compatible with SDR or HDR.

Levels are only about bitrate and HEVC profile.
MastaG

Post by MastaG »

jcdr428 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:22 am
mulucy wrote:
To clarify the profiles:
Profile 4 is SDR BL with DV IPT EL -therefore backward compatible with SDR, not HDR10.
Profile 5 is DV IPT colorspace BL, not backward compatible with SDR or HDR10, i.e. will not give correct colors on a non-DV TV.
Profile 7 is dual track HDR10 BL with DV IPT colorspace EL, backward compatible with HDR10.
Profile 8 is SDR or HDR BL with DV metadata, backward compatible with SDR or HDR.

Just gave the 1917 movie a shot.

First using yusesope's v0.0.3 rev 1 tool:

Code: Select all

python src/bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.3_rev_1.py -bl ./BL.hevc -el ./EL.hevc -of 1917.hevc

BL_ANALYSIS: 100.0%  EL_ANALYSIS: 100.0%  BL_EL_RPU WRITING: 100.0%  (BL AUDs: 171176  EL AUDs: 171176)

ELAPSED TIME: 09m 08s
Press a button to exit
And afterwards I remuxed the 1917.hevc along with the TrueHD+ac3 core track from the bluray disc into a .ts file with the latest TsMuxer (built from source).

For the record, I didn't use mp4muxer in the process...

Here's the output file:

mediainfo 1917.ts 
General
ID                                       : 1 (0x1)
Complete name                            : 1917.ts
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
File size                                : 70.3 GiB
Duration                                 : 1 h 58 min
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 84.6 Mb/s
Maximum Overall bit rate                 : 35.5 Mb/s

Video
ID                                       : 4117 (0x1015)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : HEVC
Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                           : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format                               : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
Codec ID                                 : 36
Bit rate                                 : 79.9 Mb/s
Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.402
Stream size                              : 66.4 GiB (95%)
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics                 : PQ
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries        : Display P3
Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level              : 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level        : 168 cd/m2

Audio
ID                                       : 4352 (0x1100)
Format                                   : AC-3 MLP FBA 16-ch
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3 + Meridian Lossless Packing FBA with 16-channel presentation
Commercial name                          : Dolby TrueHD with Dolby Atmos
Muxing mode                              : Stream extension
Codec ID                                 : 131
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 448 kb/s
Maximum bit rate                         : 7 158 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 8 channels
Channel layout                           : L R C LFE Ls Rs Lb Rb
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 381 MiB (1%)
Language                                 : English
Service kind                             : Complete Main
Number of dynamic objects                : 11
Bed channel count                        : 1 channel
Bed channel configuration                : LFE
As you can see it reports: 04.06.

Shouldn't it report profile 05 instead?
Because your PR has been merged: https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/pull/264 and I built the latest rev, which should include your fix.
badrobot

Post by badrobot »

MastaG wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:27 am
jcdr428 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:22 am
mulucy wrote:
To clarify the profiles:

Just gave the 1917 movie a shot.

First using yusesope's v0.0.3 rev 1 tool:

python src/bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.3_rev_1.py -bl ./BL.hevc -el ./EL.hevc -of 1917.hevc

BL_ANALYSIS: 100.0%  EL_ANALYSIS: 100.0%  BL_EL_RPU WRITING: 100.0%  (BL AUDs: 171176  EL AUDs: 171176)

ELAPSED TIME: 09m 08s
Press a button to exit
And afterwards I remuxed the 1917.hevc along with the TrueHD+ac3 core track from the bluray disc into a .ts file with the latest TsMuxer (built from source).

For the record, I didn't use mp4muxer in the process...

Here's the output file:

mediainfo 1917.ts 
General
ID                                       : 1 (0x1)
Complete name                            : 1917.ts
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
File size                                : 70.3 GiB
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 84.6 Mb/s
Maximum Overall bit rate                 : 35.5 Mb/s

Video
ID                                       : 4117 (0x1015)
Format                                   : HEVC
Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                           : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format                               : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
Codec ID                                 : 36
Bit rate                                 : 79.9 Mb/s
Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.402
Stream size                              : 66.4 GiB (95%)
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics                 : PQ
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries        : Display P3
Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level              : 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level        : 168 cd/m2

Audio
ID                                       : 4352 (0x1100)
Format                                   : AC-3 MLP FBA 16-ch
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3 + Meridian Lossless Packing FBA with 16-channel presentation
Commercial name                          : Dolby TrueHD with Dolby Atmos
Muxing mode                              : Stream extension
Codec ID                                 : 131
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 448 kb/s
Maximum bit rate                         : 7 158 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 8 channels
Channel layout                           : L R C LFE Ls Rs Lb Rb
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 381 MiB (1%)
Language                                 : English
Service kind                             : Complete Main
Number of dynamic objects                : 11
Bed channel count                        : 1 channel
Bed channel configuration                : LFE
As you can see it reports: 04.06.

Shouldn't it report profile 05 instead?
Because your PR has been merged: https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/pull/264 and I built the latest rev, which should include your fix.
When you use yusesope's v0.0.3 rev 1 tool, you MUST add a parameter -mode 2,then you will get a DoVi Profile 5 hevc video, without this parameter, the default mode produces a DoVi Profile 4 hevc video.
I am not a native English speaker.
Sorry for my bad English.