Slot load friendly BD drive

Everything related to MakeMKV
ptr727

Slot load friendly BD drive

Post by ptr727 »

Hi, I have a slot load Matshita BD-MLT UJ265 drive for my small form factor NCase M1 case.

The UJ265 is not particularly friendly, and I am looking for suggestions for friendly slot load drives?
semajm85

Re: Slot load friendly BD drive

Post by semajm85 »

bumping this. I'm interested to know too
PaperLawyer

Post by PaperLawyer »

I also have a UJ265 that is frustrating me (not least an inability to go faster than 2x read speed within MakeMKV). I'm contemplating an external drive from asmcom (I'm based in the UK) as I assume flashing libredrive onto the UJ265 (if that were possible) is not going to make it UHD friendly.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 484#p73484
quartermain

Post by quartermain »

I have a fanless media PC with a Streacom case and a Streacom slot-loading BD, which can't load UHD disks.

So I bought the drive you refer to from asmcom. Simple, just plug one cable into a USB3 socket and the other into a USB2 (though I expect this cable is only for power so a USB3 would do as well) and off she goes. Very painless.
buffalo master

Post by buffalo master »

Sorry for the bump, but was this ever resolved? I also have the Ncase M1 and was hoping to move from a giant, stupid-looking external 5.25" drive to an internal slot-loader. Are there still none available?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

buffalo master wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:04 pm
Sorry for the bump, but was this ever resolved? I also have the Ncase M1 and was hoping to move from a giant, stupid-looking external 5.25" drive to an internal slot-loader. Are there still none available?
None
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
buffalo master

Post by buffalo master »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:12 pm
buffalo master wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:04 pm
None
Ugh.
Bixmen

Post by Bixmen »

I have a TEAC-BD. It's Slot Loader, but is external and USB powered. It can be finicky. has to be plugged directly into the computer, no hubs, otherwise MakeMKV fails. Not quite what you are looking for, but maybe you can remove the guts and use it as an internal?