Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Grencola

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Grencola »

kazuma wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:54 pm
kazuma wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:37 pm
what's the difference between all profiles? (5,6,7?)
nobody?
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Dolby+vision+profiles
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

Grencola wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:57 pm
kazuma wrote:
kazuma wrote:
nobody?
That question has been probably asked at least 50-60 times before including me lol
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Sgt Hartman wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:29 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:01 pm
did you turn on frame rate matching in the plex settings? I've also noticed that frame rate matching sometimes doesnt work with the new exoplayer, and I eventually had to revert back to the old plex player to get it working.
It was already off, I tried also with the old player but I still get such effect. It doesn't occur always at the same point of the movie so it might be that it's a player issue. I'd like to test it with another player but I don't know any other able to read DV on Shield.
No, you have to try turning it on to see if it helps with the hitchy playback. I did notice the intro title screen was having some slight stutters when using exoplayer with the matching frame option on (not working properly though when checked, avr still showed 4k:60hz). When I switched to the old player with the option still turned on, the hitch went away and my avr was properly reporting 4k:24hz.
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

mulucy wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:02 pm
Grencola wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:57 pm
kazuma wrote:

nobody?
That question has been probably asked at least 50-60 times before including me lol
maybe you can tell me? the google link is to general. when i search for it in the topic i have 30 pages.. :(
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:08 pm
No, you have to try turning it on to see if it helps with the hitchy playback. I did notice the intro title screen was having some slight stutters when using exoplayer with the matching frame option on (not working properly though when checked, avr still showed 4k:60hz). When I switched to the old player with the option still turned on, the hitch went away and my avr was properly reporting 4k:24hz.
Dude,
You really gave me some nice hints in here, this could be a real game changer for me. I tried all the combinations you listed and, as you said, old exoplayer + refresh rate switching on is definitely the winner. Before all playing was set on 60 Hz, but in this way going "down" to 24 Hz it was really smooth!
One other thing that I noticed in these days, closing/re-opening Plex to play files seems to help in having smoother playbacks, keeping the app always on seems to affect the quality of the view.
Thanks again pal!
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

The only caveat with this is I don't know if the old player has the same level of dolby vision support as the new exoplayer. I know DV gets triggered and all, but I've never tried doing any kind of picture quality comparisons. You can always get exoplayer to play at 24hz, though, by manually changing the output refresh rate of the shield in its display settings to 24hz.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

kazuma wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:14 pm
the google link is to general. when i search for it in the topic i have 30 pages.. :(
just click the first link (it's a pdf) that google shows, and scroll down to page 8.
Sgt Hartman

Post by Sgt Hartman »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:12 pm
The only caveat with this is I don't know if the old player has the same level of dolby vision support as the new exoplayer. I know DV gets triggered and all, but I've never tried doing any kind of picture quality comparisons. You can always get exoplayer to play at 24hz, though, by manually changing the output refresh rate of the shield in its display settings to 24hz.
Well, that could be an interesting test to be performed, even if, at he same time, a blind test done simply with your eyes should be more "ethical" to see if you really spot any difference; at the end we use those to watch :D
jcdr428

Post by jcdr428 »

kazuma wrote:
kazuma wrote:
nobody?
@kazuma Just go some few pages back:
Profile 4: BL+EL+RPU, SDR compatible
Profile 5: BL+RPU, (Unspecified colorspace = IPT)
Profile 6: BL+EL+RPU, HDR10 compatible
Profile 7: track 1 BL non-DV, track 2 EL RPU HDR10 compatible
Profile 8: BL+RPU, HDR10 or HLG or SDR compatible
badrobot

Post by badrobot »

jcdr428 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:41 pm
badrobot wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:07 pm
that’s not good for me, because shield tv pro 2019 does not support DoVi Profile 6.

Dovi Profile 6 has been deprecated by dolby.
@badrobot It's already been confirmed that Profile 6 is working on Shield. In any case BL+EL+RPU HDR10 tracks are profile 6 according to Dolby, we just can't have tsMuxer produce non-compliant files with incorrect profile simply because one STB would not accept a profile.
I agree with you.

What I am worrying about is that, plex on shield uses the open source exoplayer, exoplayer does not support profile 6 for now.

And, according to the help information of Dolby’s open source mp4muxer, Profile 4 has HDR compatibility?

Code: Select all

--dv-profile <arg>                 = Sets the Dolby Vision profile. This option is MANDATORY for
                                      DoVi elementary stream: Valid profile values are:
                                      4 - dvhe.04, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: HEVC10; BL compatibility: SDR/HDR.
                                      5 - dvhe.05, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: N/A;    BL compatibility: None.
                                      7 - dvhe.07, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: HEVC10; BL compatibility: Blue-ray HDR10.
                                      8 - dvhe.08, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: N/A;    BL compatibility: SDR/HDR.
                                      9 - dvav.09, BL codec: AVC;    EL codec: N/A;    BL compatibility: SDR/HDR
I am not a native English speaker.
Sorry for my bad English.
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

jcdr428 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:06 am
kazuma wrote:
kazuma wrote:
nobody?
@kazuma Just go some few pages back:
Profile 4: BL+EL+RPU, SDR compatible
Profile 5: BL+RPU, (Unspecified colorspace = IPT)
Profile 6: BL+EL+RPU, HDR10 compatible
Profile 7: track 1 BL non-DV, track 2 EL RPU HDR10 compatible
Profile 8: BL+RPU, HDR10 or HLG or SDR compatible
thnx man! whats the reason to go for each profile? what is the best to take with mp4muxer? i'm using now profile 7 on my LG C9.
box4m

Post by box4m »

Someone wanna help a noob and explain how i get a working .mp4 from mp4muxer that has sound in it? Maybe mp4muxer doesnt do sound? Cmdwindow gets spammed with:
ERR: lost dd sync. resync

If i try muxing it with newest TXMUSER it plays sometimes but sound is chopping up and it barely plays.

Thanks

edit: im using mpxplayer on shield, maybe thats why(?)
stehohrhase

Post by stehohrhase »

Hi guys,

i have create with yusecope's tool and tsmuxer foolowing file:

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.06.06, BL+EL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

Is it possible to demux back BL and EL files (for future usage)?
jcdr428

Post by jcdr428 »

badrobot wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:39 am
What I am worrying about is that, plex on shield uses the open source exoplayer, exoplayer does not support profile 6 for now.
Exoplayer is open source, easy to push a fix to profile 6 if needed.
badrobot wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:39 am
And, according to the help information of Dolby’s open source mp4muxer, Profile 4 has HDR compatibility?

Code: Select all

--dv-profile <arg>                 = Sets the Dolby Vision profile. This option is MANDATORY for
                                      DoVi elementary stream: Valid profile values are:
                                      4 - dvhe.04, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: HEVC10; BL compatibility: SDR/HDR.
                                      5 - dvhe.05, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: N/A;    BL compatibility: None.
                                      7 - dvhe.07, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: HEVC10; BL compatibility: Blue-ray HDR10.
                                      8 - dvhe.08, BL codec: HEVC10; EL codec: N/A;    BL compatibility: SDR/HDR.
                                      9 - dvav.09, BL codec: AVC;    EL codec: N/A;    BL compatibility: SDR/HDR
mp4muxer profile 6 has been removed on 12 Feb 20. The latest document DolbyVisionProfilesLevels_v1_3_2_2019_09_16.pdf mentions BL compatibility with SDR (VUI 1,1,1) only. I've asked Dolby mp4muxer developper on Github to clarify compatibility with CTA HDR10, and whether the document would be revised accordingly.
kws53

Post by kws53 »

What is difference between these?

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, EL+RPU / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.05, EL+RPU, 8 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

Both were made from the same DV master - one via the MP4 method, the other via the M2TS method.