Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Maxoumax6

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by Maxoumax6 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:09 pm
Maxoumax6 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:13 am
Is that normal that the .ts doesn't trigger Dobly Vision on both my LG C8 's embedded player and Plex app?
Or do we need a Shield to make it works.

Btw thanks guys for such a work.
tsMuxer dual-layer remux is by far the easiest and fastest solution but unfortunately, it only works(in DV) on the Sony x700 and the Oppo bluray player.
Thx for the answer :)
Maxoumax6

Post by Maxoumax6 »

tommo8 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:44 pm
TickTock wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:34 am
tommo8 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:51 pm
Hey all, long lurker and first time poster.

Can anyone confirm if this actually works on LG's built in video player? I've muxed the files together and can confirm it has DV on the file but my LG B9 just won't play the file in either .tS or .m2ts file format.

I've put the file in my Plex library and the file does play on my wife's Huawei P20 phone using the Plex app.

Thanks.
While I can't answer your question, I can say all files I've created using the MakeMKV method don't work on my Panasonic TX55GZ950B's internal player. If I use yusecope's tool they normally work.
Hey check to see if this file works on your TV it's working on my LG B9 ;) Just a 2 minute test of The Last Jedi.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rye59D ... sp=sharing
DV is working with this Star Wars sample on my LG C8 embedded player.
Donpoku

Post by Donpoku »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:21 pm
siriusbox wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:47 am
The progress made to finally get DV on MKV is awesome but it won't do any good if you can't trust the color reproduction in the only device where you will be able to see for the moment, which is the Shield TV Pro 2019

Plex on LG Smart TV

Plex on Nvidia Shield Pro 2019

The differences are subtle but are there, the girl has blushed cheeks indeed but on Smart TV is smoother and it blends better to the rest of the skin tones. On Shield the redish tones looks more saturated and isolated for the rest of the skin tones. Looks like a color compression problem.

Where could the problem be? I don't know where to put the issues, I can't be sure 100% of the rest of DV content (from Netflix or Disney+) is also affected so it doesn't look like a problem on the NVidia part.

Regards.
Yep it’s the shield and @baker99 even made a topic about it over at the nvidia forums:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... by-vision/

It got an official response from nvidia but nothing much since then. Maybe it’s time for a bump with these pictures. Also just so happens that I made a DV/Atmos sample clip of this exact scene a while back:

https://mega.nz/file/YSxhkSLK#fkfy54tYV ... xIOBZLyGR4
At least the saturation on cheek shows, it doesn't at all on my LG C6, maybe it needs ccalibrated?

It'll be interesting to know your Dolby Vision setting to compare, mine:
movie dark with oled-100, contrast-95, sharpness-10,colour-50 with everything turned off).
Last edited by Donpoku on Mon May 04, 2020 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jango8

Post by Jango8 »

Guys - can someone please clarify a few questions for me please regarding the whole DV and ATMOS developments:

* With the release of MakeMKV version 1.15.1, does this mean that I can successfully rip the entire contents of a UHD bluray title including DV and ATMOS and play this via my NAS (and get DV and ATMOS)? Therefore no 'muxing' or conversion is necessary to play DV and ATMOS?

* If the above is correct, what device and player will play that entire rip of a UHD bluray title including DV and ATMOS? I have an ATV 4K (playing files from my NAS via Infuse Pro and MrMC) and also an Nvidia Shield TV (2015 version playing files from my NAS via Kodi

* If I then wanted to rip just the .mkv movie file in version 1.15.1, there is a separate process for including the Dolby Vision stream and ATMOS tracks in any .mkv conversion. Is that correct?

* If so, is there a tutorial detailing exactly what other applications and versions are needed (and theior locations) to "mux' the DV and ATMOS tracks into the ripped .mkv file please? There is allot of narrative and opinion in this forum about differing what applications and versions to use/not use, and it's a little confusing to be honest. I just want the simplest method that does what I need please.

* To get DV and ATMOS into a muxed .mkv movie file, we need to re-rip our UHD 4K discs in v1.15.1. Is that correct?
Donpoku

Post by Donpoku »

Jango8 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:53 am
Guys - can someone please clarify a few questions for me please regarding the whole DV and ATMOS developments:

* With the release of MakeMKV version 1.15.1, does this mean that I can successfully rip the entire contents of a UHD bluray title including DV and ATMOS and play this via my NAS (and get DV and ATMOS)? Therefore no 'muxing' or conversion is necessary to play DV and ATMOS?

* If the above is correct, what device and player will play that entire rip of a UHD bluray title including DV and ATMOS? I have an ATV 4K (playing files from my NAS via Infuse Pro and MrMC) and also an Nvidia Shield TV (2015 version playing files from my NAS via Kodi

* If I then wanted to rip just the .mkv movie file in version 1.15.1, there is a separate process for including the Dolby Vision stream and ATMOS tracks in any .mkv conversion. Is that correct?

* If so, is there a tutorial detailing exactly what other applications and versions are needed (and theior locations) to "mux' the DV and ATMOS tracks into the ripped .mkv file please? There is allot of narrative and opinion in this forum about differing what applications and versions to use/not use, and it's a little confusing to be honest. I just want the simplest method that does what I need please.

* To get DV and ATMOS into a muxed .mkv movie file, we need to re-rip our UHD 4K discs in v1.15.1. Is that correct?
Please read the thread as it explains everything including getting Dolby vision working on your ATV.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

PanaGz wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:06 pm
Hey guys I tried to read as much as I could about this thread but I'm missing something. I want to play the movie with dolby vision on my gz1500 internal player, I don't need the lossless audio since It won't play but I keep it in the file for the future. My starting point is an mkv file containing two hevc, the main video and the dolby vision layer
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/download/ ... ew&id=2641
First I muxed It with the thd+ac3 in the correct version of ts muxer 4.06 fix. I played the obtained ts on tv and It showed the normal hdr10 image. On mediainfo:
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/download/ ... ew&id=2642
I saw that there's another method using yusesope's tool so I downloaded the v0.0.3, I extracted the two hevcs with Useac3to and I obtained two .h265 files. Then I ran the start_bl_el_rpu_builder.bat of yusesope and dropped the two files: the Bl analysis was 100% but the EL was stuck at 0.
I'm also a bit confused about the -mode 1 or 2, I didn't change anything. I also don't know if I have to install bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.3_rev_1.py and how to, since I'm not an expert in coding/python.
If you have some tips I'll be very grateful.
If your starting point is an mkv with two hevc tracks, then your only option is yusecope's tool. Even then, it is not guaranteed to work because those tracks may have been altered when initially muxed into the mkv. Your best bet would be to start over with the physical disk as the starting point.
TickTock

Post by TickTock »

tommo8 wrote:
TickTock wrote:
tommo8 wrote:

Can anyone confirm if this actually works on LG's built in video player? I've muxed the files together and can confirm it has DV on the file but my LG B9 just won't play the file in either .tS or .m2ts file format.

I've put the file in my Plex library and the file does play on my wife's Huawei P20 phone using the Plex app.

Thanks.
While I can't answer your question, I can say all files I've created using the MakeMKV method don't work on my Panasonic TX55GZ950B's internal player. If I use yusecope's tool they normally work.
Hey check to see if this file works on your TV it's working on my LG B9 ;) Just a 2 minute test of The Last Jedi.

That worked :). I used MakeMKV to create two mkv files and then used the version of tsMuxeR you posted a link to, the first film: Ip Man 4 was washed out and looked green and white (as in black and white). The second film: Terminator Genisys, had a green tint and a slight wash out of colours.

Both are a big improvement over the black screen and audio I was getting before. That's now three version of tsMuxeR I have for different needs.
obalit

Post by obalit »

My try was "successfullish", DV is triggered on my LG C9, but image is "doubled", i see the same picture, transparent, zoomed in, overlayed.
obalit

Post by obalit »

tommo8 wrote:
TickTock wrote:
tommo8 wrote:

Thanks.

Working flawlessly on my LG C9, using Plex, or TV's internal video player (renaming file from .ts to .mkv so it "sees" it (: )
Which version of TSMuxer did you use ?
tommo8

Post by tommo8 »

obalit wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:21 am
tommo8 wrote:
TickTock wrote:

Working flawlessly on my LG C9, using Plex, or TV's internal video player (renaming file from .ts to .mkv so it "sees" it (: )
This one https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qkCsVS ... sp=sharing
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

tommo8 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:36 pm
obalit wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:21 am
tommo8 wrote:

This one https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qkCsVS ... sp=sharing
Have a quick look at the list here:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276448

Of all the titles you have tried so far, do any of them have a "FEL" next to it in the list above? If so, are they working properly on your B9's internal player? It's been a while since I did any extensive testing on the B9, but from what I remembered, there were quite a bit of stuttering issue when playing back FEL titles.
tommo8

Post by tommo8 »

Have a quick look at the list here:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276448

Of all the titles you have tried so far, do any of them have a "FEL" next to it in the list above? If so, are they working properly on your B9's internal player? It's been a while since I did any extensive testing on the B9, but from what I remembered, there were quite a bit of stuttering issue when playing back FEL titles.
I can Confirm that on my B9 the 2 files that I have tested that have caused me playback issues are 1917 and Gemini Man and both are FEL files.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

tommo8 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:01 pm
I can Confirm that on my B9 the 2 files that I have tested that have caused me playback issues are 1917 and Gemini Man and both are FEL files.
1917 has hdr10+ and dv, and gemini man is in 60fps, both cause their own issues, so fel could be coincidental..
Last edited by Grencola on Mon May 04, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djj82

Post by djj82 »

Anyone tried the TSmuxer procedure with IT on 4K UHD? MakeMKV is able to make the .mkv file. And I can make the trd/ac3 audio file using eac3to. But when I try to load the MKV into tsmuxer nothing happens, no tracks are listed, its as if it does not like the MKV file. I even went and recreated the MKV a 2nd time using my disc, same problem. Tried TSMuxer 04.06 (fix) as well as the 04-30 nightly, and no go on either one. Something specific about this movie?
shroomM

Post by shroomM »

yusesope wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:17 pm
ragico wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:32 pm
@yusesope
How can a file created by your tool be demuxed to the original two hevc files?
I have this necessity but can't find the correct tool...
You can't find it because it doesn't exist :D
If you need it I will write a few lines of code (next weekend)
I would very much appreciate this as well.