Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
edward75

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

Post by edward75 »

Hi, so I'm trying to rip the bluray and for some reason MakeMKV shows 3 same titles for the main feature, same number of chapters and file size, the only difference is on the title description, it says angle 1 on the first title, angle 2 on the 2nd title and angle 3 on the 3rd title. And so I played the movie on bluray player to check the menu and see if maybe there's different versions of the movie like maybe theater version or director's cut version but there is no other versions only one version of the movie. So does anyone know what's going on? What's the difference between the angles? Not sure which one to pick. Please advise. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
edward75

Re: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

Post by edward75 »

So I went ahead and mkv all 3 titles angles 1, 2 and 3. So now I have 3 files but when I open the Infuse app on ATV4K, it only shows 1 movie. So now I'm more confused.
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

In case of different angles, there are different mpls (Playlists) with different Segment Maps (the stream elements = m2ts files).

Select the title, look into the right window, you see the "Source File xxxx.mpls" (the playlist), look deeper and you see the Segment map: 1,5,9,44,23 ... whatever. These are the xxxx.m2ts files which are assembled together to build the complete movie file.
The best is to make a decrypted backup, after this go into the created backup folder and select the STREAM folder, now you see the xxxxx.m2ts files and you can check what is behind the files (with differs from the playlists) from the segment map. After finding the correct title, you can open from the created backup the index.bdmv file within MakMKV (Open files) and create the mkv file from the backup instead of re-reading it from the blu-ray.
Good Luck :)

Post by preserve »

The difference is the end credits for listing the voice actors of the different language tracks.

Segment 217 is the movie except for the end credits, and then the three additional segments for each of the 3 playlist versions are the end credits:

Angle 1 is 217,218 - Japanese
Angle 2 is 217,219 - English dub
Angle 3 is 217,220 - French dub