Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by SamuriHL »

So convert it to a TS for now. The instructions for doing so are all over this thread. Then you can try it in plex to make sure it works for you.
djbuddha

Post by djbuddha »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:33 pm
So convert it to a TS for now. The instructions for doing so are all over this thread. Then you can try it in plex to make sure it works for you.
I'd rather do it once then make TS files I'd have to wait to remux into MKV. But thanks. Hopefully an APK comes soon to mess around with.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:17 pm
Patience. I'm pretty sure yusesope is planning on releasing an exoplayer apk once the code is cleaned up.
I didn't realize that you guys were still interested in my apk (given the pull request already present on the exoplayer github page). If you want I can upload the apk tomorrow (because I'm not at home at the moment and I will be back late at night) ... There is no need to clean anything because it is no longer my turn to present an "impeccable" job to the Exoplayer team. The code is more than good as it is ...
Last edited by yusesope on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ragico

Post by ragico »

Very interested in yr apk yusesope. But we will need someone instrucion on how to configure it for kodi on shield.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

yusesope wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:40 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
Patience. I'm pretty sure yusesope is planning on releasing an exoplayer apk once the code is cleaned up.
I didn't realize that you guys were still interested in my apk (given the pull request already present on the exoplayer github page). If you want I can upload the apk tomorrow (because I'm not at home at the moment and I will be back late at night) ... There is no need to clean anything because it is no longer my turn to present an "impeccable" job to the Exoplayer team. The code is more than good as it is ...
Yes please. Some of us would definitely like to play around with it when you have time.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

djbuddha wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:46 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:33 pm
I'd rather do it once then make TS files I'd have to wait to remux into MKV. But thanks. Hopefully an APK comes soon to mess around with.
It's not difficult. You rip the MKV first (which is what you're going to end up keeping). And then make the TS using tsmuxer and eac3to from the MKV. The ts would be transient and could be deleted once the APK is released, but, it'd allow you to test the HDFury.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Once yusecope's modified exoplayer apk is released and installed on your Shield, you need to make the following changes:

1) Create a playercorefactory.xml file as shown from the example here: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_exter ... on_Android

2) Add this entry to the players block:

Code: Select all

<player name="ExoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
			<filename>com.google.android.exoplayer2.demo</filename>
			<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
			<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
		</player>
3) Move the file over to the Shield at /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata

4) Restart Kodi on your Shield and then browse to the mkv you're trying to play, hold down the select button and you should now see a "Play Using" option. Select that and then ExoPlayer to start playing.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

ragico wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:44 pm
Very interested in yr apk yusesope. But we will need someone instrucion on how to configure it for kodi on shield.
You must follow the same instructions that apply to the apk that I uploaded when MakeMKV 1.15.1 was released.
Read THIS and THIS post and some of the following ones.
SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:50 pm
Yes please. Some of us would definitely like to play around with it when you have time.
Tomorrow I will release the apk...
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:58 pm
Hey shawnc22,if you still have the apk that I sent you the other day (I deleted our conversation and I can no longer find the link) you can also upload it now!
This way you make everyone happy!
Thank you!
ragico

Post by ragico »

shawnc22 wrote:
Once yusecope's modified exoplayer apk is released and installed on your Shield, you need to make the following changes:

1) Create a playercorefactory.xml file as shown from the example here: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_exter ... on_Android

2) Add this entry to the players block:

Code: Select all

<player name="ExoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
			<filename>com.google.android.exoplayer2.demo</filename>
			<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
			<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
		</player>
3) Move the file over to the Shield at /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata

4) Restart Kodi on your Shield and then browse to the mkv you're trying to play, hold down the select button and you should now see a "Play Using" option. Select that and then ExoPlayer to start playing.
Thank you for these instructions. Now hoping you upload the apk. :D :D
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

yusesope wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:13 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Hey shawnc22,if you still have the apk that I sent you the other day (I deleted our conversation and I can no longer find the link) you can also upload it now!
This way you make everyone happy!
Thank you!
Sure of course. Here is the latest version of yusecope's modified ExoPlayer apk:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/581a34 ... 917/ba7865

Please note that I have only tested short sample clips made from makemkv 1.15.2 and not a full length title. Also this has only been tested on the 2019 Shield Pro, so YMMV on other Android devices. And finally, all credit goes to yusecope and thanks again for the great work :).
Last edited by shawnc22 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Quill

Post by Peter Quill »

Guys, I have a question, and it's not about DV.
Looking at the mediainfo of a m2ts (4K) file, the bit rate of the video is different compared to BDinfo, for example.
An example of this is the movie Avengers: Endgame: in the mediainfo of the m2ts file the video hits 42.5 Mb / s; in BDinfo the video hits 36.2 Mb / s.
Is this 42.5 Mb / s information wrong? I notice that these bit rate differences happen almost always in comparisons.
If this matter has been commented on before, I apologize for not seeing it.
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:29 pm
Sure of course. Here is the latest version of yusecope's modified ExoPlayer apk:

Please note that I have only tested short sample clips made from makemkv 1.15.2 and not a full length title. And again, all credit goes to yusecope and thanks again for the great work :).
I've just tried this, and while Dolby Vision mode is triggered, I just get audio and a black screen. I can't choose the 3840x2160 video track.
Maybe that's expected though.
djbuddha

Post by djbuddha »

yusesope wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:40 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
This was why I was wondering. I didn't think yusesope was providing an APK as someone 'beat him to the punch' :shock:

I'm just happy we have something to mess with in the interim. I'm fairly excited 8)

Thank you!
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

quietvoid wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:38 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Please note that I have only tested short sample clips made from makemkv 1.15.2 and not a full length title. And again, all credit goes to yusecope and thanks again for the great work :).
I've just tried this, and while Dolby Vision mode is triggered, I just get audio and a black screen. I can't choose the 3840x2160 video track.
Maybe that's expected though.
Give this sample a try and see if you get the same behavior:

https://mega.nz/file/FSpXXIYC#yyKOpypa7 ... 7M7ihjRmSo