Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Dinst

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by Dinst »

Good news! Top Gun played flawlessly for 15 minutes! I didn't want to leave it playing any longer as I'm very paranoid about burn in on my OLED :?
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

Dinst wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:45 am
I didn't want to leave it playing any longer as I'm very paranoid about burn in on my OLED :?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Now I understand why!

Mamma mia!
It's a bit of an exaggeration!
However, I understand your anxieties and that's why I updated my previous post.
Thanks for the feedback!
kcxserver

Post by kcxserver »

yusesope wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 am
good job!! I can no longer find any problems. Everything seems to be working well. 24hz, dts:x, atmo, pgs subtitel and dv. Thanks alot!! :D 8)
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

kcxserver wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:22 am
yusesope wrote:
good job!! I can no longer find any problems. Everything seems to be working well. 24hz, dts:x, atmo, pgs subtitel and dv. Thanks alot!! :D 8)
Thank you too!
Find the version without debug window in my previous post.
Thanks again.
kcxserver

Post by kcxserver »

yusesope wrote:
EDIT:
HERE version without debug window.
super very great 8) worked!
Dinst

Post by Dinst »

You're the man yusesope! Thank you! :D
ragico

Post by ragico »

I have already defined you as "the man of the miracles" and I can only confirm that.
Everything works flawlessly.
Great Yusesope.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Very nice! I guess I'll have a fun evening of Dolby vision watching tonight.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

safcsat

Post by safcsat »

This is amazing work, so firstly, thank you!

I've installed the latest app for exoplayer, from a few posts back without the debug. Also have created the playercorefactory.xml and copied that over. No matter what I try, when I select to play with external player, or it does it itself as I have a rule in playercorefactory.xml, I get a popup to say external player is active, click ok when playback has ended, but nothing plays. Tried the samples from this thread to be sure it is not related to non-working conversions.

Any ideas?

Shield Pro 2019
Latest Kodi from Play Store
latest exoplayer.apk from this thread.
Dinst

Post by Dinst »

safcsat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:57 pm

I've installed the latest app for exoplayer, from a few posts back without the debug. Also have created the playercorefactory.xml and copied that over. No matter what I try, when I select to play with external player, or it does it itself as I have a rule in playercorefactory.xml, I get a popup to say external player is active, click ok when playback has ended, but nothing plays. Tried the samples from this thread to be sure it is not related to non-working conversions.

Any ideas?

Shield Pro 2019
Are you trying to play via the Kodi Plex add on?
safcsat

Post by safcsat »

Dinst wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:59 pm
safcsat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:57 pm

Any ideas?

Shield Pro 2019
Are you trying to play via the Kodi Plex add on?
Ah! I had only tried direct playing from a NAS share within Kodi (mapped the share)

Just tried in Plex and it triggers Dolby Vision instantly! So this is indeed just for Plex? Better for me that way anyway!
Lost_Brit

Post by Lost_Brit »

Hopefully someone can point me to what I'm doing wrong. Using Shield 2019 with LG C8.

I've got ExoPlayer set up as an external player with Kodi, and Exoplayer is launched, but after about 2 seconds, I get a message 'Playback failed'. This doesn't just happen on DV files made with latest MakeMKV, I can't get ExoPlayer to play any files at all.
Dinst

Post by Dinst »

safcsat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:04 pm
Just tried in Plex and it triggers Dolby Vision instantly! So this is indeed just for Plex? Better for me that way anyway!
I have it working in both, it may have something to do with the way you've mounted your NAS. I was having issues until I mounted my external drive correctly.
Lost_Brit wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:05 pm
Hopefully someone can point me to what I'm doing wrong. Using Shield 2019 with LG C8.

I've got ExoPlayer set up as an external player with Kodi, and Exoplayer is launched, but after about 2 seconds, I get a message 'Playback failed'. This doesn't just happen on DV files made with latest MakeMKV, I can't get ExoPlayer to play any files at all.
This does happen, try clicking play again or closing exoplayer and trying again.
safcsat

Post by safcsat »

Lost_Brit wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:05 pm

I get this (playing via Plex inside Kodi) and I just press play again and it plays.
Lost_Brit

Post by Lost_Brit »

Dinst wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:32 pm
This does happen, try clicking play again or closing exoplayer and trying again.
Thanks, have done that, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, cleared cache, restarting the Shield etc. Playback failed with every single file :-/