Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by SamuriHL »

I was wondering when a new build would get released for mediainfo. I'm surprised they didn't include DV MKV, either. sigh.
kweenie

Post by kweenie »

Boss21 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:47 pm
Please can you help what I am doing wrong.
I followed new method for saving Dv parameters while ripping the movie
I ripped the Dolby vision movie using new update the movie file saved is showing HDR10+.
I used the same to file with TVs muxer nightly update to get the Ts file
The ts file I got still don’t have any Dolby vision parameters.
The original disc contains Dolby vision metadata

Please can someone help what I am doing wrong while making the movie file.
How are you checking this? Mediainfo? That has not been updated yet, see also post above from SamuriHL.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

If you're making TS files, mediainfo should show DV info. My guess is that the wrong version of tsmuxer is being used. Look at the earlier pages of this thread for a version labeled "04.06" fix.
Boss21

Post by Boss21 »

I am using media info to look for information in the file. I am using tsmuxer 2.6.12. What should I used for checking the file ?
Epedemic

Post by Epedemic »

Boss21 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:59 pm
I am using tsmuxer 2.6.12.
There's yer problem... You need a specific/custom "04.06" version. It is linked numerous times in this very thread.
xmenw

Post by xmenw »

Just to confirm something, this DV included mkv files can only be played back on NVIDIA shield as of right now? I tried using my Oppo 203 and they only played in HDR10, is there anyway to play this on oppo except the whole backup, and which other hardware is able to do this?
kcxserver

Post by kcxserver »

yusesope wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:44 pm
HERE you can find the new apk.
Let me know!
Thank you!
The transfer has expired... I can unfortunately no longer download it :(
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

kcxserver wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:42 pm
Thank you!
The transfer has expired... I can unfortunately no longer download it :(
I have updated my original post
kweenie

Post by kweenie »

xmenw wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:20 pm
Just to confirm something, this DV included mkv files can only be played back on NVIDIA shield as of right now? I tried using my Oppo 203 and they only played in HDR10, is there anyway to play this on oppo except the whole backup, and which other hardware is able to do this?
Do not have a real Oppo, but the clone. That clone should be equal and indeed to get DV you need to play the full backup. The DV mkvs are not recognized as DV and it is more than unlikely that this will be changed. Only other file based DV option is using the 04.06 tsmuxer and remux to m2ts. But that has its minus, like no chapters as example.

With the APK from yuse, I can play the DV mkvs on the shield and works like a charm.

Hopefully exoplayer will be updated any time soon, so that Emby or other apps can use the DV version.
mrhollywood

Post by mrhollywood »

kweenie wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:25 pm
With the APK from yuse, I can play the DV mkvs on the shield and works like a charm.

Hopefully exoplayer will be updated any time soon, so that Emby or other apps can use the DV version.
Sorry if I'm misreading, but it's hard to keep up with this. Are you saying profile 7 dv directly ripped with MakeMKV is working on the sheild?
cipher

Post by cipher »

Balthazar2k4 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:34 pm
Disappointed to see the new version of MediaInfo still doesn't identify DV in MKV containers. The wait continues...
Agreed. It's kind of weird that 4 months have passed since v20.03 was released and now a new version is released without this support. Unless a lot of effort is required to add this DV logic, it may have made more sense to release the new version once the new DV code was implemented.

Lets hope we're now not waiting a couple of months for the DV version. :(
kcxserver

Post by kcxserver »

yusesope wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:18 pm
I have updated my original post
GREAT! THX!
kcxserver

Post by kcxserver »

mrhollywood wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:03 pm
Sorry if I'm misreading, but it's hard to keep up with this. Are you saying profile 7 dv directly ripped with MakeMKV is working on the sheild?
Yes works wonderfully. The profile doesn't seem to really matter if I got that right.
kweenie

Post by kweenie »

mrhollywood wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:03 pm
kweenie wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:25 pm

I think MAKEMKV does not produce profile 7 mkv. Unless I misunderstood it combines the 2 layers and retains the DV data.

These files do work on a shield with the apk from yusesope.

MAKEMKV mentions dvhe.07.06 BL+EL+RPU FEL or MEL during the creation of the DV mkv.
userr

Post by userr »

yusesope wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:44 pm
Hi testers!
Today it was really too hot...that's why I spent a few hours coding with the aim of implementing chapters support (for mkv files only).
The code is very "basic" (to say the least :lol:) and I hope it works properly!
Furthermore, if you open the app directly, you can play the test files that mike has made available.

HERE you can find the new apk.

Let me know!
when using this apk as external player for kodi, im guesssing you cant use zoomfunctions anymore?