Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Meister_Proper

Re: Official Dolby Vision MKV spec support

Post by Meister_Proper »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:41 am
Meister_Proper wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:39 am
Yes, I own the unit. It's too early to tell as DV is still new for both, Zidoo and Realtek. Having said that, they added DV mkv pretty soon so I'm optimistic.
For mkv profile 5, 7 MEL and 8 are supported right now.
If you want to know anything specific let me know.
Do you happen to have a UHD Bluray player or an LG Oled TV to do some playback comparisons of an MEL title? Mostly just interested to see if there are any color issues on the Zidoo.
Sorry I don’t have either of those :(
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

Meister_Proper wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:39 am
mulucy wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:09 pm
Meister_Proper wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:20 pm

Its probably just a typo. Profile 7 with MEL works just fine on the Zidoo, though.
I think you are very active in Zidoo forums ( I have seen your username there ), do you actually own the unit? What are your thoughts about it in terms of DV support?
Yes, I own the unit. It's too early to tell as DV is still new for both, Zidoo and Realtek. Having said that, they added DV mkv pretty soon so I'm optimistic.
For mkv profile 5, 7 MEL and 8 are supported right now.
If you want to know anything specific let me know.
I appreciate it! I own the Zidoo X9S, bought it for 3D support with my old LG TV, which I sold. So I had to retire the box, and it's collecting dust. Till this day, it's receiving updates, Zidoo is definitely committed when it comes to support and software updates!

Do you have any idea if they are planning on adding a support for Profile 7 MEL playback in a regular Blu-Ray menu like with HDR10? Otherwise, I don't see any value in boxes ( at least for me) supporting Profile 8 or 5 since we don't have try methods of combining FEL to single layer AFAIK. DVDFab and Yusecope's tool discard the FEL, the result is undefined color space ( which is miles better than HDR10 counterpart, of course )
Meister_Proper

Post by Meister_Proper »

Sorry, I don't know if they will add profile 7 MEL for fill UHD BD playback as well.
I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Just give them some time.
mattmarsden

Post by mattmarsden »

Does MakeMKV 15.2 now do the finalised mkv DV spec or do we need to wait for a new version - just wondering if I should process my movies now or wait for the next version.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

mattmarsden wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:24 am
Does MakeMKV 15.2 now do the finalised mkv DV spec or do we need to wait for a new version - just wondering if I should process my movies now or wait for the next version.
It does, when using BD source (or backup).

Main limitation of 1.15.2 - it can't open MKV files with DV and can't repair MKV files produced by 1.15.1
Fuluer

Post by Fuluer »

Fuluer wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:58 pm
mike admin wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:07 am
Fuluer wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:02 pm
Will the next version of Makemkv support muxing an MKV with 2 video streams (made with mkvtoolnix from an old Makemkv backup) into a DV-compliant MKV?
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&p=94209#p94209
When I tried to PM you...
"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature. "

Hopefully this post will get me over the hump :)
Still not over the hump...

I did receive your PM, but am still not able to send PMs back. The links you posted were truncated in your PM "makemk ... 2-dv01.zip"
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Testing the new Zidoo Z9X, Mel titles created with 1.5.2 trigger Dolby Vision, Fel titles created with 1.5.2 only trigger HDR.
Have to say every mode I have tried with DV MKV files color is pushed same as shield when compared to Oppo- maybe DV in MKV from UHD BD just isn’t possible??
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:47 pm
Testing the new Zidoo Z9X, Mel titles created with 1.5.2 trigger Dolby Vision, Fel titles created with 1.5.2 only trigger HDR.
Have to say every mode I have tried with DV MKV files color is pushed same as shield when compared to Oppo- maybe DV in MKV from UHD BD just isn’t possible??
its probably not possible to decode 100% correctly at the moment. It doesn't mean it won't be possible in the future. the bigger problem then is if it will require hardware decode (i.e. not possible with cpu power in software without powerful CPUs which would negatively impact our ability to use these normal boxes that depend on hardware decode.
lexyz

Post by lexyz »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thanks for testing.
Could you also test *.ts files?
Bravia XF90, Shield TV Pro'19, UBP-X700
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

lexyz wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:31 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thanks for testing.
Dual layer TS, M2TS or ISO files made from UHD BD DV titles just trigger HDR10, mp4 files made with fab or yurscope play in DV so long as you haven’t muxed in HD audio (DTS-HD), I have some of these files that work in Plex on the shield and LG C7 / C9 but Zidoo won’t play them.
Freshman98

Post by Freshman98 »

I have a massive problem and I hope you guys can help me. I've ripped a Dolby Vision + ATMOS UHD with makemkv 1.15.2 to mkv.

Now I've ordered a M9702 and want to play the file with Dolby Vision. This does not work because the M9702 can't play mkv with DV and ATMOS.
So I've tried very hard to remux that mkv file with tsmuxer into *.iso. The M9702 freezes up when I try to load the file. Maybe anyone could help.

Is there a solution or do I have to re-rip the Disc?

DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Freshman98 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:54 pm
I have a massive problem and I hope you guys can help me. I've ripped a Dolby Vision + ATMOS UHD with makemkv 1.15.2 to mkv.

Now I've ordered a M9702 and want to play the file with Dolby Vision. This does not work because the M9702 can't play mkv with DV and ATMOS.
So I've tried very hard to remux that mkv file with tsmuxer into *.iso. The M9702 freezes up when I try to load the file. Maybe anyone could help.

Is there a solution or do I have to re-rip the Disc?

Re rip the disk, next makemkv may be able to separate the file again I believe.
Freshman98

Post by Freshman98 »

Thanks for your support. Not the answer I wanted to hear, but ok...

Let‘s spin some discs in my drive :lol:
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Freshman98 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:33 pm
Thanks for your support. Not the answer I wanted to hear, but ok...

Let‘s spin some discs in my drive :lol:
I have to be honest I rarely use my drive, I always rip to full back up first, large hard drives are easier to source than UHD friendly rom drives ;)
Donpoku

Post by Donpoku »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:57 pm
lexyz wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:31 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thanks for testing.
Dual layer TS, M2TS or ISO files made from UHD BD DV titles just trigger HDR10, mp4 files made with fab or yurscope play in DV so long as you haven’t muxed in HD audio (DTS-HD), I have some of these files that work in Plex on the shield and LG C7 / C9 but Zidoo won’t play them.
If only we can get DV MKV profile 4 that'll go someway to solving FEL titles.