Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
RESET_9999

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 »

kazuma wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:49 pm

yeah, with the eye there is no difference. i also say that before in this thread. but i'm not sure if that is enough? what happens on the background in technical way? i think we shall only know with professional tools...
I agree..

This may not be a professional tool but I think if there was a difference in colors and brightness, my camera would capture it.
see this comparison: https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/6043

I did this comparison with many movies and never spotted any difference.
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:58 pm
kazuma wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:49 pm

yeah, with the eye there is no difference. i also say that before in this thread. but i'm not sure if that is enough? what happens on the background in technical way? i think we shall only know with professional tools...
I agree..

This may not be a professional tool but I think if there was a difference in colors and brightness, my camera would capture it.
see this comparison: https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/6043

I did this comparison with many movies and never spotted any difference.
I appreciate you're work for that.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

Good evening people.
I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to convert (without quality loss) a FEL movie to MEL. I have some ideas about it and this is a first try.
In THIS archive you will find two files: the original file is the FEL one (generated starting from the ISO uploaded HERE by @RESET_9999), the MEL file was obtained by modifying the first.

If you feel like it, try both files. Personally I am interested in the tests carried out on devices that have proved capable of playing MEL files with profile 7 but not FEL files (Fire Stick 4K, some Android TVs, etc ...). With these latest devices the desired result should be:
FEL file -> HDR (or unplayable)
MEL file -> DV.

Please, in your feedback obviously indicate the outcome, the device and the player used (if you can, also use my version of ExoPlayer).

Thank you
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

thank you yusesope for the great work as always.

I'll check out the files tonight.
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

yusesope wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:11 pm
I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to convert (without quality loss) a FEL movie to MEL. I have some ideas about it and this is a first try.
Thanks for your work on this.
I have an LG C8.

The LG internal player freezes a lot with both FEL and MEL files, for some reason.

On the Fire TV Stick 4K (your ExoPlayer):
FEL file -> DV, black screen.
MEL file -> DV, plays fine.

:D
whiplash1

Post by whiplash1 »

yusesope wrote:
Good evening people.
In THIS archive you will find two files: the original file is the FEL one (generated starting from the ISO uploaded HERE by @RESET_9999), the MEL file was obtained by modifying the first.

If you feel like it, try both files. Personally I am interested in the tests carried out on devices that have proved capable of playing MEL files with profile 7 but not FEL files (Fire Stick 4K, some Android TVs, etc ...). With these latest devices the desired result should be:
MEL file -> DV.

Please, in your feedback obviously indicate the outcome, the device and the player used (if you can, also use my version of ExoPlayer).

Thank you
Fantastic work yusesope! Here are my observations-

Both files say unsupported file format in the internal media player.

FEL plays with HDR through Kodi+your latest exoplayer.

MEL plays and triggers DV through Kodi+your lastest exoplayer.

I'm playing these directly on my Android TV. (A cheap Indian brand, VU Cinema TV 50" with Dolby Vision).

Looking forward to a detailed method as I'd love to convert all my FEL titles into this format so I can play them directly on the TV.
ragico

Post by ragico »

yusesope wrote:
Good evening people.

MEL file -> DV.

Thank you
Thanks Master, another prime from you.
My results:

FIRESTICK TV 4K:
Plex....FEL_ST_DL triggers DV but black screen
MEL_ST_DL triggers and plays DV
Kodi 19.1 Alpha and Exoplayer_DolbyVision_DTS-HD_FFmpeg_4.2_01_08_2020_no_debug....same as Plex

UGOOS AM6 PLUS:
Plex...both files trigger and play DV
Kodi 18.8 Leia and Exoplayer as above both files trigger and play DV

APPLE ATV 4K:
Infuse app: both files play HDR

SHIELD PRO 2019:

All devices directly connected to Panasonic Tv's
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

quietvoid wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:58 pm
On the Fire TV Stick 4K (your ExoPlayer):
FEL file -> DV, black screen.
MEL file -> DV, plays fine.
whiplash1 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:27 pm
FEL plays with HDR through Kodi+your latest exoplayer.

MEL plays and triggers DV through Kodi+your lastest exoplayer.

I'm playing these directly on my Android TV. (A cheap Indian brand, VU Cinema TV 50" with Dolby Vision).
ragico wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:04 pm
FIRESTICK TV 4K:
Plex....FEL_ST_DL triggers DV but black screen
MEL_ST_DL triggers and plays DV
Kodi 19.1 Alpha and Exoplayer_DolbyVision_DTS-HD_FFmpeg_4.2_01_08_2020_no_debug....same as Plex
Thank you for your time!
The results are what I was hoping for :D but It's too early to claim victory :!: !
The "final test" must be conducted on a full movie and not on a 60sec segment.
I hope cheaper devices don't run out of RAM due to a too large buffer.
We'll see.

whiplash1 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:27 pm
Looking forward to a detailed method as I'd love to convert all my FEL titles into this format so I can play them directly on the TV.
There is currently no detailed method, just lines of code that only make sense to me...
In the next days/weeks I will release the 0.0.4 BETA version of my tool (I will update my original post HERE as always) so those interested can do all the tests they want and help me fix any bugs.

In the meantime maybe I'll write some technical posts to start a discussion and see if anyone has any ideas to validate/improve my logic.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Hi, i probably know the answe to this, but is there a way to reverse the DoVi created mp4?

For example de-mux the mp4 file and make a working MKV out of it?

Thank you.
userr

Post by userr »

ragico wrote:
UGOOS AM6 PLUS:
You own UGOSS AM6 PLUS i see, can u confirm if it can play profile 7 files? Dual layer, dual track and dual layer, single track?

Thanks
ragico

Post by ragico »

userr wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:57 pm
ragico wrote:
UGOOS AM6 PLUS:
You own UGOSS AM6 PLUS i see, can u confirm if it can play profile 7 files? Dual layer, dual track and dual layer, single track?

Thanks
It plays dual layer dual track in the form of mkv (dual layer single track) via kodi + Yusesope Exoplayer and .ts profile 4 (using Yusesope tool)
Bresnik17

Post by Bresnik17 »

I've had success creating Dolby Vision + Lossless Audio TS files with dozens of movies (using eac3to + Yusescope's tool + tsMuxer 04.06) but I have run into an issue with Braveheart that has me stumped. All of the audio tracks, including the TrueHD Atmos track, require a delay of 2,169ms in order to sync up with the video.
    When I create the .TS file in tsMuxer with the audio delay set to 2,169ms, my 2019 Shield Pro reverts to HDR and transcodes down to DD+.
      When I create the .TS file in tsMuxer with the audio delay set to zero, it plays in Dolby Vision & TrueHD Atmos on my Shield Pro but with the audio clearly a couple seconds ahead of the video.
      Has anyone encountered this issue with other movies?
      Are there any solutions to tackle this, such as removing the first 2,169ms of the video to make them sync up, or any way to add 2,169ms to the beginning of the .thd+ac3 file?
      shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Bresnik17 wrote:
      Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:00 am
      I've had success creating Dolby Vision + Lossless Audio TS files with dozens of movies (using eac3to + Yusescope's tool + tsMuxer 04.06) but I have run into an issue with Braveheart that has me stumped. All of the audio tracks, including the TrueHD Atmos track, require a delay of 2,169ms in order to sync up with the video.
        When I create the .TS file in tsMuxer with the audio delay set to 2,169ms, my 2019 Shield Pro reverts to HDR and transcodes down to DD+.
          When I create the .TS file in tsMuxer with the audio delay set to zero, it plays in Dolby Vision & TrueHD Atmos on my Shield Pro but with the audio clearly a couple seconds ahead of the video.
          Are there any solutions to tackle this, such as removing the first 2,169ms of the video to make them sync up, or any way to add 2,169ms to the beginning of the .thd+ac3 file?
          when you're extracting the bl and el files with eac3to, did you notice any errors? when there's an a/v sync issue after remuxing, it's possible that there may be errors in the original video layers.
          Bresnik17

Post by Bresnik17 »

shawnc22 wrote:
          Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:49 am
          Bresnik17 wrote:
          Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:00 am
              when you're extracting the bl and el files with eac3to, did you notice any errors? when there's an a/v sync issue after remuxing, it's possible that there may be errors in the original video layers.
              No errors during the extraction and the issue appears to exist before that point. When I pull the original M2TS / MPLS files into eac3to and tsMuxer they already acknowledge the required delay:
              eact3to:
              1: Chapters, 22 chapters
              2: h265/HEVC, 2160p24 /1.001 (16:9), 10 bits
              3: h265/HEVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9), 10 bits - Dolby Vision Enhancement Layer
              4: TrueHD/AC3 (Atmos), 7.1 channels, 48kHz, 2168ms
              (embedded: AC3 EX, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB)
              5: AC3, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB, 2168ms
              6: AC3, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB, 2168ms
              7: AC3, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB, 2168ms
              8: AC3 Surround, 2.0 channels, 224kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB, 2168ms
              9: Subtitle (PGS)
              10: Subtitle (PGS)
              11: Subtitle (PGS)
              12: Subtitle (PGS)

tsMuxer:
              Automatically sets the delay on all audio files to 2,169ms when imported.