Disc Playback LG BP60NB10

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Saxman1701

Disc Playback LG BP60NB10

Post by Saxman1701 »

Hello,

I have been trying and failing to get playback working on my UHD drive, Power DVD which is a joke is not working well, only will wrk using my laptop display on Intel GPU, will not output on GTX1060 on my HDMI. So after research I have given up trying to use this method to display 4K on my external monitor. I have flashed the drive to firmware Ver 1.0, downloaded VLC and makemkv but get an error of "You are trying to start makemkv evaluation from a third part application. Please launch makemkv if you would like to start the evaluation period" despite me selecting yes to the evaluation period in makemkv earlier. I am not looking to do any ripping just would like to be able to play 4K discs from the drive, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

SPECS
i7-8750H
16GB DDR4
Intel UHD 630 & NVIDIA GTX1060 6GB
External Monitor ASUS VG289Q 4K 60HZ
st4evr

Re: Disc Playback LG BP60NB10

Post by st4evr »

You will need to read the following entire thread to inform yourself further in the process:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=19697

And then make an informed decision on what route you are able to take on your end. In very short, universal on the fly decryption is currently not supported with MakeMKV. The options with this app are currently limited. Forum search function will return many more discussions on that subject as it’s been discussed hundreds of times within this forum as well. Google is another option for additional information on this as well.
Trickyd-1

Re: Disc Playback LG BP60NB10

Post by Trickyd-1 »

You can do decryption on the fly with certain applications. I know MPC-HC works.
Look at the integration tab in make mkv’s preferences to see if your apps are enabled.